1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael Angelo on Facebook wrote:

"I did all kinds of swaps to mine with the tots Myers"

This looks like a straight swap with TOTS' sculpt onto the Sideshow body:

mm11.jpg

mm12.jpg

Love the fit of the coveralls. Main reason I prefer the SS.

The Sideshow does look like a 'solid' figure. In fact, it looks as though you could put a 2018 sculpt onto it.

The overalls on the TOTS '78 get better once you start adding height, but I'm sure they did improve them for their 2018.

I always have to re-futz the '78 if I'm not careful when moving him.

Mine just arrived and to my relief and excitement. This is a VERY, VERY good set. Everything feels very high quality and so much attention to details. Hands are all expressive and wonderful. I cannot tell what the pumpkin and headstone are made from but they aren't cheap plastic. They have weight to them. I feel like there was a lot of love and consideration out into this set.
IMG_8770.jpeg

I know people will still debate the headsculpt but even if you have criticism, it's still very well done and has more detail than the TOTS piece (which I LOVE.). It's just different. The detail and slightly exaggerated proportions give it great shelf presence.

And personally I love the strands of hair coming off the sides of the sculpt.
IMG_8785.jpeg

IMG_8775.jpeg

For a quick comparison, here is the SS next to my repainted TOTS. Again I think they both have strong points. I'll probably end up switching them depending on the mood.
IMG_8762.jpeg

I need to see this in hand when my LCS gets theirs. I think this is one time I would have preferred rooted hair.

For a quick comparison, here is the SS next to my repainted TOTS. Again I think they both have strong points. I'll probably end up switching them depending on the mood. View attachment 536190
I have the TOTs 78 and am wondering if I should buy the upcoming accessory pack to get better coveralls, or just buy the SS 78. I was also planning to look into different body options for the TOTs so that is another benefit of possibly getting the SS one. Besides the obvious extra money with going with the SS option, any thoughts on the quality of the SS Myers body and coveralls vs. the TOTs accessory pack coverall and some other body option? Thanks

I have the TOTs 78 and am wondering if I should buy the upcoming accessory pack to get better coveralls, or just buy the SS 78. I was also planning to look into different body options for the TOTs so that is another benefit of possibly getting the SS one. Besides the obvious extra money with going with the SS option, any thoughts on the quality of the SS Myers body and coveralls vs. the TOTs accessory pack coverall and some other body option? Thanks

The TOTS accessory pack gives you the rarer green coveralls, which was my consideration.

The Sideshow body and coveralls do look good, but maybe he's too bulky for '78? When I look at the Sideshow I think 2018, barring the mask.

For a replacement body on the TOTS I used a spare one from Soldier Story, but any double jointed 'narrow shoulder' type should work.

I gave him extra height, so he'd match the 2018 James Jude Courtney, by packing his boots to the top with white tack and plugging his ankle pegs into it. The height helps with some of the bagginess of TOTS' '78 coveralls. Their 2018 is better tailored, so hopefully that will carry though to the green version as well.

I just picked up the sideshow stand and the Bob sheet since I’m not a fan of wired products ( the tots sheet will be wired)

As for the bagginess of the 78 overalls, they are supposed to be. The issue with the tots one is that the arms are too short. Needs to be a little longer. (This also shows how thin Nick Castle was)
36A57CAF-BFED-4E09-960F-A3959EBE0785.jpeg
Don’t mind the inaccurate color of this picture. The coveralls are a spruce/olive green according to Tommy Wallace. So the tots will be accurate, hopefully with longer arm sleeves. And, it will also come with a full tshirt and not just a piece of cloth. I think the tots accessories will be a good companion to the tots one.

if you guys want any parts for the sideshow figure. It’s up on toy anxiety.

I just picked up the sideshow stand and the Bob sheet since I’m not a fan of wired products ( the tots sheet will be wired)

As for the bagginess of the 78 overalls, they are supposed to be. The issue with the tots one is that the arms are too short. Needs to be a little longer. (This also shows how thin Nick Castle was)
View attachment 536224
Don’t mind the inaccurate color of this picture. The coveralls are a spruce/olive green according to Tommy Wallace. So the tots will be accurate, hopefully with longer arm sleeves. And, it will also come with a full tshirt and not just a piece of cloth. I think the tots accessories will be a good companion to the tots one.

if you guys want any parts for the sideshow figure. It’s up on toy anxiety.

When I get TOTS' accessory set I'll put the green coveralls onto the original figure, and use the blue under the sheet.

The problem I had with the bagginess was getting the material to drape right, and not bunch up at odd angles. Essentially the legs could be water treated and moulded into shape.

Adding height to get him to match 2018's James Jude Courtney helped quite a bit.

51401715528_f97d23df87_o.jpg

After I changed the body the sleeves weren't a problem, so either the original body had excessively long arms, or the new one short ones. lol

When I get TOTS' accessory set I'll put the green coveralls onto the original figure, and use the blue under the sheet.

The problem I had with the bagginess was getting the material to drape right, and not bunch up at odd angles. Essentially the legs could be water treated and moulded into shape.

Adding height to get him to match 2018's James Jude Courtney helped quite a bit.

51401715528_f97d23df87_o.jpg

After I changed the body the sleeves weren't a problem, so either the original body had excessively long arms, or the new one short ones. lol
Looks great.What body is that?

Reworked mine. Gave it a new hairline, repaint, bodymods, redyed the coveralls. Not 100% but I prefer this to the tots version. Second pic is with my sculpt.

Instagram @yondu.toys

Attachments

• PXL_20210829_051820104.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20210829_051820104.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 179
  • PXL_20210829_054332613.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210829_054332613.PORTRAIT.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 178
  • PXL_20210829_074411548.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210829_074411548.PORTRAIT.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 179
Back