Sideshow Collectibles 1/6 line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kal-El

Super Freak
Reaction score
So besides Lobo. Any other announcements? I thought by now we would have had Flash, Wonder Woman, Supergirl and so on. Is this line coming to an end?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

So besides Lobo. Any other announcements? I thought by now we would have had Flash, Wonder Woman, Supergirl and so on. Is this line coming to an end?

I've not heard anything, but I take Lobo coming out of nowhere to be a good sign that the line still has life left in it. I imagine we will still see the Flash made, and hopefully up for preorder soon. I'd love to see this line continue, as it's the only chance I think I'll get to ever get comic versions, which I've wanted since I began collecting, of several characters. I'm still hoping we get most of the Bat-Family and Super-Family of characters and some villains and the rest of a decent JLA line up (I'd honestly be content with Flash and Wonder Woman for JLA and anyone else would be a bonus) before this line stops.

I've not heard anything, but I take Lobo coming out of nowhere to be a good sign that the line still has life left in it. I imagine we will still see the Flash made, and hopefully up for preorder soon. I'd love to see this line continue, as it's the only chance I think I'll get to ever get comic versions, which I've wanted since I began collecting, of several characters. I'm still hoping we get most of the Bat-Family and Super-Family of characters and some villains and the rest of a decent JLA line up (I'd honestly be content with Flash and Wonder Woman for JLA and anyone else would be a bonus) before this line stops.
I hope you are right. That's the reason I started collecting this 1/6 scale line. Fingers crossed

At this point I just hope they do a Wonder Woman. I always hoped for a Darkseid but when they can't even get Flash off the ground that starts to seem like a pipe dream.

Come on SS give me the Trinity!

It's very frustrating this line.

I was hoping we were going to get a great Batman line of figures and it looked positive initially.

Now there's barely anything new never mind Batman related.

I wish they would give us a general update on the line moving forward.

Lobo wasn't in my top 20 list of characters Sideshow would make in 1/6 so I'm surprised he arrived before Flash--especially considering they've shown the Flash prototype. Sideshow really has an aversion to releasing Barry in any form. Lobo even got a PF before him.

Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 3.20.49 PM.jpg

*plays taps on a bugle*

Talked to Kevin Ellis at SDCC and he's saying they are reevaluating their DC line and likely going a different direction. He didn't go into specifics but it doesn't sound like the Flash we saw will be getting offered as we once saw it.

Never a good thing with SSCs unfortunately.

Could be worse, he could've said it's going on hiatus. :huh

It's a little sad. I remember reading SDCC chats with the CEO of SSC (remember those things? He gave away a 1:1 bust in that chat) it was at least five years ago maybe four and when asked what license they've been trying to get but couldn't his first answer was DCU. He said they've been trying for years but couldn't nail it down, then they finally got it and it goes out with a whimper. Not even Superman and Batman variants (well one Batman variant) and if you watch the original announcement video they had New 52 designs, Golden Age designs, Modern Age, Silver, it was supposed to be really extensive.

Talked to Kevin Ellis at SDCC and he's saying they are reevaluating their DC line and likely going a different direction. He didn't go into specifics but it doesn't sound like the Flash we saw will be getting offered as we once saw it.

Hiatus, different direction. Same fkn thing, we constantly get fooled by them and their bullspit. They simply don't have the desire, talent and drive to properly tackle ANY 1:6 line. Even SW is being handled better by HT and the only reason ssc is in that is it makes tons of money with the obscure characters, see the recent bounty hunter hunters.

It's very frustrating this line.

I was hoping we were going to get a great Batman line of figures and it looked positive initially.

Now there's barely anything new never mind Batman related.

I wish they would give us a general update on the line moving forward.

Agreed.Im still holding out hope for the rest of the Batfamily. I cannot support it further though, the QC has been very hit and miss and Superman and GL were a bit lacking. Showed so much promise early days, I remember being more excited about this line than any other.

Agreed.Im still holding out hope for the rest of the Batfamily. I cannot support it further though, the QC has been very hit and miss and Superman and GL were a bit lacking. Showed so much promise early days, I remember being more excited about this line than any other.

It seems weird no one has given us at least the basics of a modern Batfamily in 1/6. No Batgirl, no modern Robin, and no Nightwing. I always assumed this far into collecting 1/6 I'd have those, Flash, and some Superfamily characters and villains. At this point DC Direct's overly large 1/6 figures from years ago have given the best character selection and that's the line I started this hobby with.

Good. Maybe they are reevaluating their need to put SS interpretation versions out instead of comic artist versions.

Unfortunate to hear about the "different direction"

Happens everytime especially with SS 1/6. Like The Mike mentioned, this line was something I was always excited to hear news about and that video they made when they got the license got me so pumped to just put in all the money to that line. I know it's easy to say what SS should've done after the fact but IMO, it was bad to just focus on Batman and his rogues. There are always more than one way to skin a cat but IMO either the focus should've been the JL top 5 (Sups, Bats, WW, GL and Flash) and their respective main villains. IMO to have Batman and Joker, Superman and Lex, etc on display is epic. Instead with PFs so large and expensive, I can only focus on the Superman characters

It seems weird no one has given us at least the basics of a modern Batfamily in 1/6. No Batgirl, no modern Robin, and no Nightwing. I always assumed this far into collecting 1/6 I'd have those, Flash, and some Superfamily characters and villains. At this point DC Direct's overly large 1/6 figures from years ago have given the best character selection and that's the line I started this hobby with.

Same. In fact I sold a few of mine in anticipation of the SSC versions, just kept the Batfamily and a few faves like GA/GL and the golden age flash/GL. I still cannot believe that is the only 1/6 Robin and Nightwing I own.

Back