Sideshow BTVS Faith Maquette Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So excited!! My sister just texted me saying she just signed for my Faith! Can't wait to get home from work and open her!!! :elefant:elefant:elefant

Here she iiiiisssss!!!!! (I wanna apologize for the crappy iPhone pics lol)

a2d5064f.jpg

6213daab.jpg

3672838b.jpg

Btw, I LOOOOVE the edition number that I got :lol :rotfl

cdd2e14f.jpg

Ok, now on to some issues. I got 2 main complaints/concerns.

1. The headstone. When I put it in place it seems pretty loose. Observe the difference in the following pictures and the space I have to rock it back and forth:

58e7f354.jpg

0cb30d17.jpg

I just had it leaned back. Did anyone else have this issue or did yours stay still in place?

And number 2. Here's the big one. Lazy eye. As you can see in the following pic, she looks good from different angles:

4609f702.jpg

But when looked at straight on from the front, we have this problem:

8c7d6831.jpg

That's pretty bad, huh?

So what do you all think? Did you guys have this big a problem with her eye? Should I contact Sideshow? Like I said, from the side and angled she looks amazing, but it's from head on that her eye looks terrible.

Thoughts/advice?

First off, congrats! It's an awesome piece. :rock

I didn't have an issue with the tombstone, but that definitely wouldn't bother me. The whole grave is meant to look disrupted, etc. so I wouldn't worry in the slightest.

However, and maybe it's the lighting, etc., but the 'lazy eye' appearance would bother me. With that said though, it's all in how you display it. And at many angles, you won't even notice it.

If it were a huge chip or extensive paint damage, I'd say 'send it back.' But we're talking about faulty paint apps and this is a widespread issue with Sideshow. If Sideshow has a replacement, it might be worth the risk, but keep in mind, you may get something worse. (It's happen to me more than I care to admit.) It's totally up to you.

All-in-all, enjoy the piece. It's awesome. Congrats. 'Nuff said.

Yeah, honestly I can live with the tombstone. Just have to be careful should I ever pick it up to move it.

But the eye... gaaah. That's a tough one to look the other way on. Idk. I mean, I agree that from the side and angles she looks great, but straight on it's super distracting. I'll sleep on it for a bit. I'll contact Sideshow in a few days to see what possible solutions they can offer me.

And sidenote: the lighting has nothing to do with it. That eye is just flat-out completely looking in the wrong direction lol.

Yeah, honestly I can live with the tombstone. Just have to be careful should I ever pick it up to move it.

But the eye... gaaah. That's a tough one to look the other way on. Idk. I mean, I agree that from the side and angles she looks great, but straight on it's super distracting. I'll sleep on it for a bit. I'll contact Sideshow in a few days to see what possible solutions they can offer me.

And sidenote: the lighting has nothing to do with it. That eye is just flat-out completely looking in the wrong direction lol.

I'm trying to give the benefit of doubt. :lol

I think that sounds like a good plan though. The good news you got Faith! Contact Sideshow (sooner rather than later) and see what they say.

Contact Sideshow (sooner rather than later) and see what they say.

I just sent my email to them now. We'll see what they say. It's such a shame I have to deal with this issue. I really love this piece, but such a let down. This is the first piece I've purchased from Sideshow and so far not making a good impression. You'd think after having so many eye issues (Rogue, Faith) Sideshow would step up their game in this department. :slap

I don't think you had any choice. Every Faith I've seen, including mine, has had a touch of lazy eye. Mine was not as severe as yours, but it still bothered me enough to go ahead and touch it up. The whole eye area on mine needed touching up, actually. However, I figured I could do it myself and it was a crap shoot I'd end up with something better from the factory. OTOH I don't think you had much of a choice. The replacement is bound to be better.

The irises are definitely decals, and low-res ones at that. It's like one worker does one eye and another worker does another. They should just stop with trying to make the eyes look askance. It ended up horribly with Rogue and Faith is not much better.

My tombstone is like that. At the top of the tombstone, the play is about a half inch. I have it leaning backward. Like Cap said, the grave is supposed to look disturbed, as the vamp is about to crawl out of it.

I should've taken before pictures when she had slight lazy eye. And I'm too lazy to find some natural light.

IMG_3865.jpg

Trying to minimize flash.

IMG_4035x.jpg

For me a lazy eye would be a return. I probably couldn't even fix/repaint an eye if it was the size of my hand. But trying to touch it up myself on something so small - impossible. So I am glad mine arrived okay.

Return her. You got the regular right? If so, you may still be able to find fair prices for the regular on ebay. Just ask for detailed photos.

No one deserves their statue to come with flaws like this. This isn't a $10 toy from toys r us. This is a statue costing hundreds. Do not settle.

For me a lazy eye would be a return. I probably couldn't even fix/repaint an eye if it was the size of my hand. But trying to touch it up myself on something so small - impossible. So I am glad mine arrived okay.

Return her. You got the regular right? If so, you may still be able to find fair prices for the regular on ebay. Just ask for detailed photos.

No one deserves their statue to come with flaws like this. This isn't a $10 toy from toys r us. This is a statue costing hundreds. Do not settle.

Yeah, that's probably what's gonna happen. I emailed Sideshow yesterday so I'm gonna wait to see what their response is. But if I'm not happy with their solution/replacement, then I'm just gonna return her and buy one off eBay.

Yeah, that's probably what's gonna happen. I emailed Sideshow yesterday so I'm gonna wait to see what their response is. But if I'm not happy with their solution/replacement, then I'm just gonna return her and buy one off eBay.

That degree of lazy eye should qualify for a return. I wouldn't settle elther if I were you (man, it's just outrageous that this company lets these things happen, these are such expensive pieces and they get such crappy qc) . As for the tombstone, yeah, mine was like that too. It doesn't bother me though. As you said, you just have to be extra careful if you move her, but then who's not extra careful always when moving these pieces?

The headstone piece is like that on mine. I choose to let it lie back a bit because I think it adds a little more of a destructed look *shrug*. Wouldn't worry about that one.

I contemplated a return because mine suffers lazy eye syndrome but it's not too severe and unless you look at it up close you don't notice and mine are in a display cabinet so generally viewed from a bit of a distance and also mine is bought from an online re-seller in Australia so a return would have been more drama then I would have cared for. Also, the string in the crossbow could have been a bit tighter.

Still, the point everyone makes is right, these are not cheap-ass bits of plastic and when it comes to facial paint apps, they should be perfect.

I think the factory painters must have all been on prozac or hung over when the Faith sclupts came in, seriously...

Still, the point everyone makes is right, these are not cheap-ass bits of plastic and when it comes to facial paint apps, they should be perfect.

I think the factory painters must have all been on prozac or hung over when the Faith sclupts came in, seriously...

I definitely agree on both accounts. I really hope Sideshow steps up and corrects this autrocity of an eye. A response from them can't come soon enough.

Well, I just heard back from Sideshow a few mins ago about my Faith. They gave me 3 options- 1. $30 store credit. 2. $25 cash-back, or 3. Return and exchange her. I went with option 3. So let's hope I get back a better Faith next time around.

Well, I just heard back from Sideshow a few mins ago about my Faith. They gave me 3 options- 1. $30 store credit. 2. $25 cash-back, or 3. Return and exchange her. I went with option 3. So let's hope I get back a better Faith next time around.

Glad to hear you got an exchange coming. I think you made the right choice.

Hmmm.

The more I look at my Faith up close, the more I think I should have bothered with a return, based on the lazy eye. Under harsh light, the paint app. is really quite poor too. Ah well, what's done is done.

When you return something, do you pay for the additional shipping of the poor item back to SS and the shipping of the new one to you?

Sideshow need to do something about their quality control. Don't they bloody inspect these pieces when they come back from the factory painters:mad:

When you return something, do you pay for the additional shipping of the poor item back to SS and the shipping of the new one to you?

I would assume not. I mean, I'm not returning it cause I'm bored and have nothing better to do. I already paid shipping on the item once to receive it as advertised, not with eye-issues. This was an error on their part, I'm expecting them to pay for any shipping fee's involved.

When you return something for an exchange, they will pay for shipping costs by emailing you a pre-paid label. They will also pay for shipping for the new one. If, however, you are returning it because you just don't want it or some other reason unrelated to customer satisfaction, then you must pay for return costs.

Back