Sideshow BTVS Faith Maquette Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sad thing is that imo the likeness to SMG is far better on the old PF then this new line, which I have to say I found rather disappointing.

I think it looks like SMG in person, I mean when I look at it on my shelf, I see Buffy. But it really does not photograph well. Every photo I've taken, it just doesn't look like SMG. They definitely could have done a better sculpt that's fore sure.

The sad thing is that imo the likeness to SMG is far better on the old PF then this new line, which I have to say I found rather disappointing.

I'd give the 'edge' of likeness to the PF as well. Both look great, but I think PF wins the round.

I think it looks like SMG in person, I mean when I look at it on my shelf, I see Buffy. But it really does not photograph well. Every photo I've taken, it just doesn't look like SMG. They definitely could have done a better sculpt that's fore sure.

It photographs horribly!!! I still can't take a great shot of the thing. I love all of the detail on the piece, but, for the life of me, I can't capture a decent photograph of it.

Wow, Faith shows as being sold out! Looks like I ordered her at just the right time. Should have her in a few days :)

They should have just had Trevor do it.

Most definitely. The Buffy statue is great looking detailed piece, but not very indicative of her character imo, and as I said before the likeness is a bit weak.

Although the PF version had the most rubbish mudslide hairstyle on the first version, the likeness was very strong.

I thought the PFs had the stronger actor likenesses due to the scanning Olaf used (or was that only the 1:6 line?). The hair on the Buffy PFs OTOH were horrible. I also thought the eyelashes were a little OTT and the painting hit or miss. Finally, another big issue with the PFs is that they were all out of scale to each other. They made Buffy look like an average sized girl, rather than petite compared to Angel. Either that or Angel was undersized compared to Buffy and Spike.

Still, they were awesome at the time and true to the show. I just wish someone would fix Angel's regular head. I would give it a go but my casting process is the two part rubber with clay and I don't want to ruin my original head.

The new line is more refined as far as execution, particularly the head sculpting and detailing. However, the designs particularly of the female characters has been disappointing. B/W/F all have the same bodies - tall, lanky, wide-hipped and booby, just in different poses that range from kinda (Faith) to no way (Willow) as far as credibility. Also paint issues particularly on Faith.

Spike, other than holding a stake, is just about as good as you can get.

I fear body/pose issues with Angel but at least they got the attitude right.

Well the poor old sod looks grumpy/pissed off, so I agree there. :lol

I very much like the Angel statue, for as you say It's miles better then the old PF version, which apart from the dodgy human face (the vampface can't be faulted though) they chose to dress him in a really weird outfit that he never even wore in the show, just very early promo shots.

I'll have to take a mold off my human faced PF and give it ago at trying to make him lok a bit more, well human really. :lol

However, the designs particularly of the female characters has been disappointing. B/W/F all have the same bodies - tall, lanky, wide-hipped and booby, just in different poses that range from kinda (Faith) to no way (Willow) as far as credibility.

Yeah, sadly I agree. I showed a friend a photo of all the female characters together and she said "Oh god, why do they all look like whores?" Which made me laugh and feel sad in equal measure.

Trev's head sculpts are just superb as per though.

Last edited:
The UPS guy was here this afternoon to deliver my Faith and turns out I didn't have any money to pay the taxes. I think I cried a little when I saw him getting away with my Faith :_( He'll be back tomorrow, but, man, waiting another day sucks.

The UPS guy was here this afternoon to deliver my Faith and turns out I didn't have any money to pay the taxes. I think I cried a little when I saw him getting away with my Faith :_( He'll be back tomorrow, but, man, waiting another day sucks.

Oh no! That sucks! So glad I live in the US and I don't have to worry about that. I should be getting my Faith on Thursday! Hope you have the cash ready for tomorrow! :D

Edit: Also, but sure to post pics when you get her! :)

Last edited:
Here's my Faith. As usual, I'm sorry for the poor quality. I don't get enough natural light to take good pictures.

To tell you the truth, she's a bit underwhelming. I knew she was not the best piece in the line, so I wasn't actually disappointed, but I was not thrilled either. It definitely looks better in person, just not THAT better. Mine got a bit of a lazy eye, which sucks, but it's not that noticeable if you compare to what other freaks got. I'm not going to ask for a replacement. I can live with it. It's just sad that we have to settle with something that doesn't please us completely, just because we could get a worse statue if we complained.

Sounds I'm not at all happy with her, but I actually like it. It's just that after waiting so long and looking at all your pictures all this time, I have lost the anticipation. I hope she grows on me once I display her with the rest of the line.

Last edited:
Sounds I'm not at all happy with her, but I actually like it. It's just that after waiting so long and looking at all your pictures all this time, I have lost the anticipation. I hope she grows on me once I display her with the rest of the line.

What happened to all that positive attitude that you told me to have? :lol Honestly, I think she looks great! At least from what I can tell from the pic, I really don't notice any lazy-eye syndrome. I hope mine looks as good as yours... or better :nana: We'll see when she arrives tomorrow. Pero de verdad, se ve bien. Felicidades! Que lo disfrutes :)

Oh and btw, I love the Oswald :p and Hombre en el Baño? What kind of movie is that? :rotfl

What happened to all that positive attitude that you told me to have? :lol Honestly, I think she looks great! At least from what I can tell from the pic, I really don't notice any lazy-eye syndrome. I hope mine looks as good as yours... or better :nana: We'll see when she arrives tomorrow. Pero de verdad, se ve bien. Felicidades! Que lo disfrutes :)

Oh and btw, I love the Oswald :p and Hombre en el Baño? What kind of movie is that? :rotfl

Yeah, I know, she's actually growing on me pretty fast. I showed her to a couple of friends and they loved her. I'm starting look at her with a more open-minded attitude :wink1: Gracias por tus ánimos :)

That Oswald is awesome (got it in the NY Disney Store at a cool price). I'm looking to add THIS to my collection, but it's pretty hard to find :(

'Hombre en el baño' is a French movie starring François Sagat. Yes, it's exactly what it sounds like. Sort of :monkey3

Yeah, I know, she's actually growing on me pretty fast. I showed her to a couple of friends and they loved her. I'm starting look at her with a more open-minded attitude :wink1: Gracias por tus ánimos :)

That's great! Glad everything's 5x5 :wink1:

That Oswald is awesome (got it in the NY Disney Store at a cool price). I'm looking to add THIS to my collection, but it's pretty hard to find :(

Wow that looks really nice! Hope you can get your hands on it :)

'Hombre en el baño' is a French movie starring François Sagat. Yes, it's exactly what it sounds like. Sort of :monkey3

I'm not even gonna ask. I'll just google it :FREAK::lol

I'm not even gonna ask. I'll just google it :FREAK::lol

No, seriously, not that it matters but it's the newest movie by one of my favourite French filmmakers, Christophe Honoré. Got it because of that.

Getting back to Faith, new day and I'm liking her even more. So glad I got her.

Getting back to Faith, new day and I'm liking her even more. So glad I got her.

Yay! I'm glad. My Faith arrives today, I'm so excited! But I'll be at work all day, so hopefully it gets here before my sister leaves for school so she can sign for it. If not, I'll have to wait till tomorrow :(

Yay! I'm glad. My Faith arrives today, I'm so excited! But I'll be at work all day, so hopefully it gets here before my sister leaves for school so she can sign for it. If not, I'll have to wait till tomorrow :(

Well, looks like the delivery truck didn't get there before my sister left for school so I have to wait till tomorrow to get Faith :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Back