Statue Sideshow Asajj Ventress Mythos statue 1/5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Asajj Ventress Mythos statue

re: size. take away the needlessly tall base...and there is nothing to justify $600. at least have a light up saber to make up for the lack of one on the pf.

Green Arrow exclusive has extra switchouts and is 1/4 scale.

I am about as diehard a sw statue collector as they come and although this is a very nice statue....I refuse to be gouged. aftermarket deals are a certainty unless they surprise us with a small edition size.

Screenshot_2019-12-04 Asajj Ventress? Mythos Statue.jpgScreenshot_2019-12-04 DC Comics Green Arrow Premium Format(TM) Figure by Sideshow.jpg

I dont know what the hell is wrong, but its clearly to see that ur fkn robin hood is not much bigger or whatever with Base.
all statues, figures, busts etc. overpriced. but i cant say that robin hood is more worth than this

re: size. take away the needlessly tall base...and there is nothing to justify $600. at least have a light up saber to make up for the lack of one on the pf.

Green Arrow exclusive has extra switchouts and is 1/4 scale.

I am about as diehard a sw statue collector as they come and although this is a very nice statue....I refuse to be gouged. aftermarket deals are a certainty unless they surprise us with a small edition size.

However, Asajj is A LOT more detailed than Arrow and so there's that. He's actually pretty plain compared to her.

Agreed that $600-ish is WAY too much for this, whether 1/4 or 1/5.

Was looking at the long-gone Boba Fett Mythos statue on the Sideshow site the other night.... I am SO ANGRY that I missed that. In addition to the general jaw-dropping gorgeousness of that piece, there was the price. IIRC Fett was 1/5 scale and $325 or so.

Freaking wow.

However, Asajj is A LOT more detailed than Arrow and so there's that. He's actually pretty plain compared to her.

Agreed that $600-ish is WAY too much for this, whether 1/4 or 1/5.

Was looking at the long-gone Boba Fett Mythos statue on the Sideshow site the other night.... I am SO ANGRY that I missed that. In addition to the general jaw-dropping gorgeousness of that piece, there was the price. IIRC Fett was 1/5 scale and $325 or so.

Freaking wow.

Fett is the only Mythos I kept when I sold the rest off. I have a special place for him away from my 1/4 scale so it doesn't clash. It is a beauty and yeah that price was niiiiiiiice. :)

Killer sculpt by the Kucharek Brothers...just read they designed the Thanos /Death statue for XM also...WIN

Is the Mythos line 1/5 or 1/6? Which scale is this?

Edition size is revealed to be 4500.

Uuhhhh thats a lot, im surprised about it, because the most here like it, but find it overpriced

I agree the ES is way too high, Vader had 5000 last time and after that the next largest were Kenobi and Maul at 2500.

I'm assuming they expect this to not only cater to Star Wars collectors but other collectors as well, along with the hype of the Mythos line coming back.

Mythos were big sellers but that was years ago.

I'm kind of glad the statue has a 4500 ES, i want to see what other characters they're going to do in this line before I commit to buying Ventress...

I love it. The larger the edition size the better. Let others pay a premium price and I will wait for my assured deals in the aftermarket.

its definitly a good sign to me, that SW collectors not beeing dead and a new era begins like 15 years ago! I hope we will see more and not evey year 2 Statues, 2 Busts and 2 Figures only from SSC. And i hope so Iron Studios made more 1/4 scale Statues.
I hope that Sideshow more focus on SW in the next years and i wish me Grievous or Padme are next in the Mythos line

I think that number is crazy. I preordered her and like the Mythos concept, but am worried a ton of these are going to linger around and deter them from making more. Must have had a bunch of preorders, but 4500 for a $595 1/5 Star Wars statute seems like a bad idea to me.

Have to wonder if they will actually make that many though. In the past they have advertised a higher edition size and produced a lower number presumably based on demand. It gives them room to batch produce as needed, which seems to be a business model they rely on these days.

I dont know why peops surprised at the high es, its an ssc trademark. Besides Disney will want to stock these in their theme parks and star wars land stores. People will snatch them up. They already make a killing on those black spire exclusive lightsabers.

I was surprised by the high es on Iron studios end game statues like cap (4000) and thanos since they rarely do high es runs, but then disney?s marvel land is set to open shortly they need high end merc to sell.

4500..?! In today's overly saturated statue market? LMFAO.... Either they will never make that many, or in 2-3 years this will be $200 cheaper as they struggle to get remove excess supply.

Back