Statue Sideshow Asajj Ventress Mythos statue 1/5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Asajj Ventress Mythos statue

Blog is up

https://www.sideshow.com/blog/the-asajj-ventress-star-wars-mythos-statue-is-truly-magick/

300235_press5.jpg

$595-Pre-Order Friday.

Steep price but I can't say no to this.

A quote from Sideshow's blog page... Guess that answers how they are hoping to reduce breakage:

"..The polystone Asajj Ventress Mythos Statue has PVC elements and features an intricate, fully sculpted costume in the Nightsisters’ traditional black and red hues, detailed with realistic and dynamic fabric-like movement. " .

Friday, Noon. $595. Ok. I think I am going to pass on the Emperor and get this one. It does just look so cool.

Looks amazing. They did a great job with this one. Can't wait to see pics of Sheev.

Edition size guesses will be interesting. 1000? 1500? I don't think number-wise they can move the numbers of what they used to push out when the original 5 came out. One, b/c there's an incredible amount of other products out there, but two, mainly b/c here we are a mere 6-7 years later SS is charging around double the price. I think the 100% inflation rate for SS statues is actually higher than the rate college tuition has risen.

Here, just to make ya wince;

Maul--$250; x/2500
Vader--$350; x/5000 (Does anybody think they ever actually made this many?)
Obi-Wan--$350; x/1200
Boba--$325; x/2500
Gamorrean Executioner--$325; x/750

I'm curious about edition size as well.. could be interesting. And there is no chance they made 5000 Vaders or else we would have seen them on discount for years. I bet they got to MAYBE 3000 and quit.

Yep I'll def be preordering.

The literally only thing I don't like about this is the alt head sculpt.

I prefer the hood up anyways, so not a big deal to me.

But damn...the hoodless version doesn't have her facial markings or her actual eyes? Not a fan of that.

Was honestly hoping they'd give her an alt with her hair from after TCW.

del-rey-books-new-novel-asajj-ventress-quinlan-voss-star-wars-the-clone-wars-featured-image.png

Yep I'll def be preordering.

The literally only thing I don't like about this is the alt head sculpt.

I prefer the hood up anyways, so not a big deal to me.

But damn...the hoodless version doesn't have her facial markings or her actual eyes? Not a fan of that.

Was honestly hoping they'd give her an alt with her hair from after TCW.

del-rey-books-new-novel-asajj-ventress-quinlan-voss-star-wars-the-clone-wars-featured-image.png

Honestly not a huge fan of the bald head either, I like her look in the original Clone War cartoon in 03 but it doesn't really match with the TCW/Nightsister vibe they have going here.

It's nice, but the prices are getting silly, I'll be passing happily as cool as she looks.

I dont want it, but i must, i think we will only see Clone Wars character in this line?!!! Im not really surprised after found an unsurpassable hint. I only say the inspiration for Asaijj is very ....c accurate. I dont wanna steal ur the surprise but when u can not wait please dont ask me :gah: :nana: But the hell 100% order this and following Padme on throne and the other statues

She's gorgeous!

Just wish the blog would've said if she's 1/5 scale or 1/4 scale, tho. If she's 1/4 scale, then that price would've been justified.

sorry but there's no way this is $595 at quarter scale. i'm 100% this is 1/5

This piece is clearly 1/5 at 23" tall on that massive base.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the size of this one..1/4? Or in similar range with its previous Mythos friends?

It's a pretty detailed statue so I kind of figured it was going to be on the expensive side of things but $600 is a bit more then what I expected... although I will say the base on this new Mythos is a lot more detailed then the older Mythos statues...

Based on the height of the base and the price, most believe the piece is 1/5.

Thank you.

I wish it were in 1/4 scale instead so I could properly display it next to XM 1/4 Maul.

Back