Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's the big polystyrene inserts inside.

I had trouble even getting the thing up through the loft hatch with the ladder down!

Those Jabba mods :rock

Great setup. Your customs are fantastic. Jabba is the perfect centerpiece.

Thanks guys!:duff

I have a ton of figs but I think I love the Jabba display best. Really wish I had the room for a more "true scale" throne room to fully accomodate Jabba, but I really only have about half that.

Never throw out your boxes

Yeah this is not a release I would ditch the box on.

The Salacious being incredibly fragile (fragile in a way I've never seen in 1/6 before - like careful when you handle it) and so many of the pieces feeling like they could chip.

I loved how Jabba V.1 is rotocast plastic -very durable and also lighter weight so easy to handle. V.2 is a different story - weight isn't bad but its mostly fiberglass/resin so could chip if not handled right. Mine had a tiny chip on the tip of his tail.

The V.2 throne is not as fragile as the V.1 throne - this one is fiberglass/resin also. The V.1 was ploystone (mixture of liquid plastic resin and powdered stone additive) so more brittle.

I tossed the box on this one. Put the pieces in a smaller more manageable container. I just couldn't find a place to store it. And I won't sell this piece. Repacking and shipping costs aren't something I want to think about with something this large.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I was able to get inside the SSC shipping box for this and close it. And I'm around 6'.:lol

Sideshow has to be one of the worst unnecessary-packagers of any company. It started with their love of polystone (heavy + fragile is not my personal preference for non-statue items) but even seemed to carry over to things that weren't all that fragile.

I sometimes thought that they associated box size with "quality" (bigger the box, the more "oooo" factor from customers) the same way some associate more weight with "high end collectible" and less weight with "cheap toy."

I thought they raised the price on this. I was looking at it the other day and didn’t remember it being that expensive. It was pricey to begin with. Jeez.

I know very little about 3D printing, though I would like to get the background arch, and maybe some stairs for the side printed. I will need to scale them down somewhat to fit my available space. I have found some files, though without knowing much about this, I am wondering if anyone else has done this? If so, any suggestions on which file is most accurate? Anything I should know about going into this? I will need to pay someone to print the file for me.
Thanks

Thanks for the info. My available space will not accommodate the true 1/6 size so I plan to have it scaled down as needed.

Your work looks great!

Tell me please, is this a bad paint job from SSC or it is more likely damaged? (forehead, nose). Photos are quite sharp and up close, it is not THAT bad watching from a normal distance, but still noticeable. I bought him via eBay from the owner claiming the figure is in perfect condition.

IMG-5333.jpg

IMG-5329.jpg

Tell me please, is this a bad paint job from SSC or it is more likely damaged? (forehead, nose). Photos are quite sharp and up close, it is not THAT bad watching from a normal distance, but still noticeable. I bought him via eBay from the owner claiming the figure is in perfect condition.

That certainly looks like chips on the nose and scratches elsewhere.

I just had a look at mine to confirm, and there isn't any of that roughness or light paintwork showing.

Back