Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That certainly looks like chips on the nose and scratches elsewhere.

I just had a look at mine to confirm, and there isn't any of that roughness or light paintwork showing.

Thanks. In the end it is probably just a lazy paint work from SSC since all the surfaces are smooth. Oh well, from a distance it is not something to notice so I just try to forget about it :)

Mine doesn't have it either. Wasn't this shown on the pictures of the ad when you bought it?

This isn't perfect condition, maybe the reseller can give you a refund of some kind?

Mine doesn't have it either. Wasn't this shown on the pictures of the ad when you bought it?

This isn't perfect condition, maybe the reseller can give you a refund of some kind?

My bad I did not request more images before buying. I forgot it is SSC and basically a statue with a lot of paint.
The seller offered a small refund for something else (broken ear on Kowakian Lizard) so at least that's something. And it wasn't a bad price overall (about $820 in total). Getting this in Europe is now almost impossible and getting it new from the US is nonsense because of the cost of shipping.

My bad I did not request more images before buying. I forgot it is SSC and basically a statue with a lot of paint.
The seller offered a small refund for something else (broken ear on Kowakian Lizard) so at least that's something. And it wasn't a bad price overall (about $820 in total). Getting this in Europe is now almost impossible and getting it new from the US is nonsense because of the cost of shipping.
I hear ya, import prices are insane, especially with large items like this. (I'm from Europe too)

Good to see you got some refund for another part, and it isn't too noticeable from a distance.

Great item anyway!

I may be needing to move soon, how hard is it to pack this thing in the original box? I remember everything was tissue papered and I imagine it would be hard to get back in there.

I may be needing to move soon, how hard is it to pack this thing in the original box? I remember everything was tissue papered and I imagine it would be hard to get back in there.
I don’t know the answer but asked myself the same question when I unpacked mine and found the throne slab had a crack in it. Thankfully Sideshow was very cool and agreed to just ship a replacement slab. I hope to never have to repack that thing. Good luck to you though (or should I say MTFBWY?)… 😆

Curious to see that I had made the last post in this thread a year ago...

Well, last night I ordered this beast. The Hutt is finally coming to the collection. I figured it was a too good of a deal to pass up, with the 13% discount. I also threw all of my remaining RPs at it.

I have absolutely no idea where I'll be displaying this but glad I finally will have the giant slug.

Well, last night I ordered this beast. The Hutt is finally coming to the collection. I figured it was a too good of a deal to pass up, with the 13% discount. I also threw all of my remaining RPs at it.

I have absolutely no idea where I'll be displaying this but glad I finally will have the giant slug.
Awesome! Apart from the beefy arms, it really is an impressive set.

yeah jabba is a nice addition to the collection. this is an older photo
IMG_0374.jpg

Congrats, F&F! :clap Jabba is a showstopper. So impressive.

He takes up a ton of space but you can also have at least three or four other figures on the throne with him to sell it even further without looking too crowded.

Right now I have Han Carbonite, slave Leia sitting, crumb, ROTJ Luke with the cloak, and Lando in disguise.

^^^^Fantastic display! ^^^^
Thanks so much!

any chance you have a step by step tutorial on your diorama? Its very cool. :)
Thank you, well I don't have a real step by step tutorial sadly enough, but I will place some pictures of the process later this weekend so can get an idea of how it is built.

In my case, it contains loads of woodwork, sanding, finishing and in the end 3D design and printing. Actually I'm still not finished adding details but this is a process of years for me I guess 😅

It's also not 100% accurate but I am so happy with it! I built a cabinet around it with a special place below it for the Sideshow Rancor, really a dream come true.

Thanks so much!

Thank you, well I don't have a real step by step tutorial sadly enough, but I will place some pictures of the process later this weekend so can get an idea of how it is built.

In my case, it contains loads of woodwork, sanding, finishing and in the end 3D design and printing. Actually I'm still not finished adding details but this is a process of years for me I guess 😅

It's also not 100% accurate but I am so happy with it! I built a cabinet around it with a special place below it for the Sideshow Rancor, really a dream come true.
oh it takes work? uhh in that case nevermind (j/k)

Back