Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i remember it his name was vivasect or something like that he made those weequay outfits originally.

Yeah, that's the guy - I got it long before I was even a member here (I think he was active elsewhere, but I saw it first here.) Great stitch quality and pretty affordable pricing too.

I think the head on your Weequay is the other one that was around back then. I have one of that head too, going to turn it into the skiff master like Chakaman's.

Oooh... two different heads. Do you have a picture of both? I wonder which one I have.

I got my head and outfit (which was vivisect's) from UnsungHero. Strangely he then burned me on the vibro-ax, blaster and hands. Thankfully enaud finished up the vibro-ax. This was all in 2011.

Yes, the original Jabba...

Haha, indeed[emoji38]
c88d35ec58fcc2839d48e04807bf58ae.jpg

generalgrievous, you have had Queequeg is the very same pose for many years now.

Where did you guys get your hands? I think mine are from the Sideshow Cantina Band member, which were popular replacement hands for some time after Unsung Hero disappeared although they are not truly accurate and probably oversized.

Were the heads painted? They look pretty impressive for the era.

Yeah, I think they both came painted but I redid mine from memory, as well as redoing the braids.

If people are interested in Jabba goon figs, some are still right here on the board - some as kits you have to build, but some as completed figs.

My Yak face I didn't build - it was done by ajp (who's pretty active on here) - he did a short run of them and maybe would do another run if enough people were interested. He actually sculpted the head, not just a recast of the Gentle Giant statue. And I think Cagoda's unbelievably cool Amanaman kit is still available (I did mod/resculpt areas, including the skull trophies.)

51050736446_e6fd6b3aed_o.png

51050733081_f30a93cee7_o.png

But there's also a lot of value in just repainting or tweaking older Sideshow figures like I did with my Gammy (as always, credit to Chakaman for the inspiration)...

50815651258_b4e9e4e1f8_o.png

Haha, indeed[emoji38]
c88d35ec58fcc2839d48e04807bf58ae.jpg

Well that second CGI Jabba was SUCH an improvement, well worth the effort.:monkey3:rotfl

generalgrievous, you have had Queequeg is the very same pose for many years now.

Where did you guys get your hands? I think mine are from the Sideshow Cantina Band member, which were popular replacement hands for some time after Unsung Hero disappeared although they are not truly accurate and probably oversized.

Most use the Predator hands - though some Pred hands have sort of "part-gloves" on them that aren't hugely apparent until you get then in-hand, so you have to look carefully.

Yeah the Hasbro Cantina hands are okay, a little oversized but unless you soak them in rubbing alcohol the rubbery plastic tends to make any added paint go sticky or at least shiny.

Awesome customs Duncan.

Oooh... two different heads. Do you have a picture of both? I wonder which one I have.

I got my head and outfit (which was vivisect's) from UnsungHero. Strangely he then burned me on the vibro-ax, blaster and hands. Thankfully enaud finished up the vibro-ax. This was all in 2011.

I too have the Vivisect outfit, Unsung Hero head on my Weequay. I am using Cantina band member hands, but as TaliBane said they are sticky/shiny. I think I am going to switch them to regular hands. I did this on my Skiffmaster which I am in the progress of reworking...

20210318_211109.jpg

20210318_205503.jpg

Last edited:
unless you soak them in rubbing alcohol the rubbery plastic tends to make any added paint go sticky or at least shiny.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't painted them yet, so I'll remember this. Or use some hands from my old HT Pred.

You don't happen to have a picture of the two different Weequay heads do you? There was an older version that was not very detailed back in the day before Unsung Hero's version, is that the one you are referring to?

Love that Skiffmaster, Chris.:clap I also love that subtle "dusty" effect you have on your Weequay heads - I'll have to try that on mine.

And Wor, I'll try to find that second Weequay head - I just did a major sorting/clean-up.... and now I have no idea where half of my stuff is.:rotfl

But yeah one head is that "newer" unsung guy's and one is the older, slightly less detailed one (I looked at it recently in the clean-up and still thought it looked decent though.) The second one is also a little larger, possibly due to the Sideshow heads back in that era being larger generally. I'll try to find it and take a side-by-side pic.

Hey there, I?m brand new to this forum and am still learning my way around! Sorry for any annoyance but can someone help point me in the right direction to some folks that sell these alien kits? Much appreciated!

Hey there, I?m brand new to this forum and am still learning my way around! Sorry for any annoyance but can someone help point me in the right direction to some folks that sell these alien kits? Much appreciated!

"Cagoda" (who did the Amamaman kit) has a thread in the customs section on here, and you can PM member "ajp4mgs" on here also - he's who made my Yakface figure (sold as a completed fig as part of limited run.) He may not be up for another run, but if not may at least send you a cast of his headsculpt and hands, plus clothes or at least the fabric, so like a "kit."

Also, Wor-gar, I did finally find the old Weequay head - here's the side-by-side pic with the newer (more reddish) sculpt. The old one is neither as oversized or as inferior (to the newer sculpt I mean) as I recall thinking. It's only marginally bigger than the newer one (maybe 5%,) and the sculpt is only a slight notch inferior to the newer one imo - some may even prefer it.

I really had written this older Weequay head off, but was pleasantly surprised once I got it out. Need to put it to use after all these years (maybe with a subtle repaint - widen the mouth a little etc) - it was unfairly tossed aside!:lol

HVwM0mc.jpg

Thanks for posting both. The original sculpt does look good there, you have a really nice one. I believe they are both Unsung Hero sculpts, v1 and v2.

I have a couple old pictures from Dorgmal that showed a more un-promising v1 head which was why I asked to see yours. Good paint really makes a difference.

orig Unsung head v1.jpg

Back