1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed.. and they got me with that move. But as much as I might prefer the DX16, I?m happy enough with the SS figure...

Yeah HT or bust. They've gotten so much practice engineering robot things with Iron Man figs that GG would be more realistic than what was on the screen.

So this is a straight-off re-release except for a new cape? They didn't bother fixing the eyes, neck, mandibles and bad joints?

EDIT: Either the poser for the promo-pics is excellent at his/her job or Sideshow has actually re-thought some of their placement of the arms. The shoulders seem to be narrower than the first release. Pictures with the cape makes it look like the neck/head is able to crouch more than before, making it more realistic to the movie. Thinking of the first scene when Grievous walks onto the deck with the cloak swept around him.

Grievous.jpgGrievous unarmed.jpg
These two pictures throw me on the "pre-order" button.

I just want a 1/6 grievous, one of my favorite designs in SW. I don?t own any sideshow releases so being brittle will certainly suck. I only do museum poses so maybe it will work for me.

It being 285 is way cheaper than I would have imagined. I?ll pick up the HT version too so no issue there. I?m shocked at this being released pretty quickly too. HT I?d wait a year and a half from the pre-order. This will do in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they probably scheduled this release a few years back

My old sideshow general still looks good and no issues. He survived a house move and has never fallen over. No complaints here.
I am sure he will fall apart now that I said that.

i love Grievous. One of my favorite parts of the PT. I ordered this originally years ago. opened it up, tried to set him up and pose him. put him back in the box and sold it.

wait for HT. im telling you now this figure is a steaming pile of nutsacks.

That said, I would buy a hot toys version once he appears in the mandalorian and goes up for preorder.

Y?all might as well prepare to be disappointed now. This is the ****tiest figure I have. It is a piece of crap and might as well be made of Twizzlers. Brittle plastic, falls over, can?t stand in dynamic poses, trash stand that doesn?t even work, pain to get him to hold lightsabers, walk by and he falls over.

This needs to be a diecast release from HT. Not a reissue from SS who will probably be putting out the same brittle figure.

Can always return it.

Not sleeping on this one. Never ordered a Sideshow figure, or any item for that, this quick. Hopefully a great figure! Anyway, very good price for what you get, even if HT announce theirs it won't be released till like 2023 at best. This one is releasing THIS summer! Great!

You have to wonder why SS re-released Grievous and not, say, Greedo or Hammerhead. They likely could have jacked the price on a simple alien to $250 at least. Yet, they chose Grievous, a complicated figure, and kept the price at the same level as their Snowspeeder Luke from 5 years ago. Curious...

...unless they know an HT Grievous is coming. I hear him clanking through the HT halls right now....

I think it has a lot to do with them showing off their TCW figures. Since he's a droid the difference between a movie and TCW version isn't too great, so the figure can go with everything.

I saw this up on BBTS, is it available anywhere else yet?

Yep, at first I thought this was HT. I already have the SS Grievous EX.

I guess this means SS still has some semblance of a 1:6 Star Wars license. What that actually means (animated? reissues? new?) is anyone's guess. Maybe they'll release a few reissues to generate some cash to put into development. I'd be happy to see them go back to producing aliens, creatures and environments.

RIP HT Grievous. I should have sold my Sideshow and bought this back.

You may be happier that you didn't when the reissue is released. Sideshow doesn't necessarily have a good track record with reissues.

The second IG-88 was noticeably worse than the first. The leg cables weren't even threaded the correct way and that seemed to be the case for all the figures I saw online. I returned that and kept the first version.

I like the second Bossk's head sculpt but the quality of the suit was definitely worse.

The second batch of Mythos Obi-Wan figures are on an inferior body and have worst paint apps.

You may be happier that you didn't when the reissue is released. Sideshow doesn't necessarily have a good track record with reissues.

The second IG-88 was noticeably worse than the first. The leg cables weren't even threaded the correct way and that seemed to be the case for all the figures I saw online. I returned that and kept the first version.

I like the second Bossk's head sculpt but the quality of the suit was definitely worse.

The second batch of Mythos Obi-Wan figures are on an inferior body and have worst paint apps.

I agree, their track record with reissues is very sketchy. And for what it's worth I do have the exclusive version of the original.

They said it's made from a new cloth material.

The factory that produced the V.1 fabric closed, then became a car factory, then was bought and sold a few times then was demolished. All since this Grievous fig was originally put up for PO nearly a decade ago.

So yeah, they needed to go with a different cloth for this "10th anniversary" V.2.:monkey3:lol

The factory that produced the V.1 fabric closed, then became a car factory, then was bought and sold a few times then was demolished. All since this Grievous fig was originally put up for PO nearly a decade ago.

So yeah, they needed to go with a different cloth for this "10th anniversary" V.2.:monkey3[emoji38]
Lol yeah I can't wait for the Ahsoka show so Sideshow can really turn back the clock and give us tailoring, boots, and paint apps circa 2004...:monkey3
3428897d365e65666ae1e4256f5b31dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Really tempting. I missed out on the original and had a glimmer of hope that HT were gonna announce theirs this week. I'll see when the reviews come in.

Back