1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting to see if Timewalker lists it, or else I'll go with AlterEgo. If anyone's in the North East, Underground Figures has it for $271+shipping. If you live close there shipping is pretty cheap. It was $30 for me across the country so going with one of the other options.

I would normally go with one of them as well (TW or AE) but I think for this figure I may just go with sideshow. For one I have some points from the recent events but for two if this figure is as "fiddly" as the first one it may be worth it to have the peace of mind of ease or replacement (i know AE and TW will also get them replace, just would take much longer). So basically $35 bucks more for a couple months early shipment and the ease of replacement should that happen might be worth it for this specific figure.

I almost went for the Deluxe Iron Studios one yesterday, so this will probably work out better for me.

I really wish they had bothered to address and upgrade the issues from when it launched the first time.

But I?m glad it?s back up at mostly retail. I sold mine awhile back for a move, so this was a pretty instant order for me despite the issues.

While it's cool to see Sideshow offering this again, it's unfortunate that as many have mentioned, the second releases have often been more miss than hit.

It would be great if the new version had even better paint apps (especially around the eyes), but that finish on the original was (and still is) really good.
also a little funny to think that the price is almost a bargain in this day and age. That price as pretty wince-inducing almost a decade ago when it first released.

I still have (and enjoy) my original release. Here is a collage of shots of it taken back in the day...

GREIVOUS-COLLAGE 001.jpg

For an older Sideshow figure, it's holding up rather well. The ratchet-style joints are still effective, however, the arms are a little weaker than I remember them. As mentioned above, the finish still looks really good. And while the paint job around the eyes looks a little simple, unless it's looked at super close or with shots taken with a macro, regular display distance looks good. The cape looks new and it seems to stand well in the proto shots. It does not have that alternate "battle damaged" face on the new version.

GRIEVOUS.jpg

If you missed it and want this character, I wouldn't wait for HT. It may still be a while and darned pricy when and if they do. I think the Sideshow one looks just fine. Let's just cross fingers the new run is at the very least as comparable to the original one and not flubbed up...

Last edited:
Have they sensed Hot Toys version is imminent ? Grievous has been always my absolutely most wanted figure when jumping into this hobby.

The main problem with this figure (aside from not wanting to stand without the support base) was all those rubber tubes in his neck would eventually crack and degrade. And the red dye from the cape staining his shoulder pads.

well crap so much for the custom i have been working on over the past two months it figures. i pre ordered him maybe use the arms on my custom we will see

I see those same hideous eye-sore ball joint ankles are still there. Hot toys misses the mark on lots of things, but Grievous is one they would have knocked out of the park. I can only hope this is a last chance push to make cash from Sideshow as they know a HT version is coming down the pike.

My exact same sentiment, holding my breath for imminent Hot Toys's Grievous, those teased battle droids in 2019 were the implicit sign, and now this maneuver from SS.

Keeping in mind that Hot Toys may make one sometime hopefully soon?

In my honest opinion, if you might be on the fence because of the much warranted criticisms of the figure, it still is a pretty cool figure considering.

Now Hot Toys could come out with theirs in a week, or a few months, and blow this out of the water.

But for what we have now, this is definitely one of the cooler General Grevious pieces of merchandise!

I'm getting this, when the HT version comes out years later, at least I have a choice.
It's better to regret buying than regretting why I don't buy it when I got the chance.

Even latest Echo is more expansive than this monstrous cyborg offered by SS, pretty much we could expect the Hot Toys version would at least in the range of $380+

My exact same sentiment, holding my breath for imminent Hot Toys's Grievous, those teased battle droids in 2019 were the implicit sign, and now this maneuver from SS.

Even if a Hot Toys one goes up for PO within the next few months, it will end up being 2 years before it even comes out. I would rather take a chance on this than be waiting years again.

Sideshow would not put this out without some kind of discussion with Hot Toys. They sell more Hot Toys figures than they do their own.

It’s more likely that they’re putting this out because a Hot Toys version is not in the works or far off.

They have said before that they are not likely to release some characters if they feel Sideshow already made an adequate version.

The Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander was not supplanted by the Hot Toys version. Sideshow keeps re-releasing their C-3PO with no Hot Toys version yet.

Hot Toys has a lot on its plate. They likely do not have the time for Grievous right now.

Sideshow would not put this out without some kind of discussion with Hot Toys. They sell more Hot Toys figures than they do their own.

It?s more likely that they?re putting this out because a Hot Toys version is not in the works or far off.

They have said before that they are not likely to release some characters if they feel Sideshow already made an adequate version.

The Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander was not supplanted by the Hot Toys version. Sideshow keeps re-releasing their C-3PO with no Hot Toys version yet.

Hot Toys has a lot on its plate. They likely do not have the time for Grievous right now.

I dunno, the Sideshow Maul was ?adequate? and they still released their own not long after though.

Back