1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to wonder why SS re-released Grievous and not, say, Greedo or Hammerhead. They likely could have jacked the price on a simple alien to $250 at least. Yet, they chose Grievous, a complicated figure, and kept the price at the same level as their Snowspeeder Luke from 5 years ago. Curious...

...unless they know an HT Grievous is coming. I hear him clanking through the HT halls right now....

This new head will definitely improve your figure. But then you'll have to move him. :horror

:lol

I've been wanting to repose him for like ever... Now maybe I'll have a reason to touch him again.

Never even got to see him next to my SS Premium Format Grievous as he got packed up and put away before I opened the 1/6 version. None of my statues have been out or seen for years... :(

I think I will just pass. I haven’t had great experiences with the few Sideshow figures I own. I don’t foresee this being different. That coupled with the fact that while Grievous is a cool looking character he isn’t necessarily a must-have for me.

Last edited:
I think I will just pass. I haven’t had great experiences with the few Sideshow figures I own. I don’t foresee this being different. That coupled with the fact that while Grevious is a cool looking character he isn’t necessarily a must-have for me.

I'm not a PTer but Grievous is one of my favorite villains in the saga (despite his character change from the cartoons). An evil droid central villain was something I was looking forward too for a long time. He's not must-have for me in the way certain OT characters are... but he's a must-have PT villain for me to go with Maul and Dooku.

For me, of PT villains, Jango is the one I can do without. Boba redux is unnecessary on the shelf. I'd prefer to have Nute Gunray honestly. Nute screams PT to me. :)

I really do not forsee Hot Toys tackling that one anytime soon. I would love to be wrong though.

giphy.gif

I think a lot of people do that. I see tons of people here -- especially in the Marvel area -- constantly selling what they once praised was a grail for them. And Sideshow product is hardly grail level usually.

In a way I get it. When you want a character bad enough you make rash decisions and buy things. Mostly out of a fear of missing out and paying aftermarket prices. But for me it has to be a very special character, or some costume that never gets any merch and you just have to have it. Star Ace will be making The Boys figures, and while I love Homelander, there's no way in Hell I'm wasting money on such a figure. I'd rather not have one than have an extremely faulty one.

Personally I've passed on every single Iron Man until the Endgame one. I was a huge Ironfan ever since I was a kid. You'd think that I'd have jumped on at least one of them. But here's the thing. IM was HT's bread and butter and the MC of the MCU. I knew they were going to make more and I knew they were constantly improving. I also wanted one that was closer to the comic look instead of a random movie armour. Endgame was the last straw, and it was similar enough to the Modular for me to finally pull the trigger. Granted, throughout all those years I wasn't exactly able to spend that kind of cash, but if I cared enough I would've been able to get at least one Iron Man. So I waited and I'm pretty happy, headsculpt aside. Now I wish they'd make some comic accurate armours without the weird plastic but that's another talk. I do want to go back and buy Tron Iron Man, maybe the Mark VI, and am hoping for some DX with a Stark fig. But I'm happy that I waited for the Endgame version, and am content if that's all I get. I crossed off the IM name off my list without regrets.

So while I do sometimes feel the need to immediately jump on something, unless I know that it's high quality and unlikely to be surpassed in the near future, I hold off. Unless like I said, it's an exception. Hot Toys will never make Doctor Who figures, so I'm fine with the BCS ones I have, as that's likely to be the best we'll ever get. Some characters I like enough and they get so few merch, that I'll branch out to other lines and scales. But if it's a B-Lister that I like and want to fill some gaps in my collection, I'll only pull the trigger if I have the money and know that the figure will be THE cream of the crop in its scale.

I'm not a PTer but Grievous is one of my favorite villains in the saga (despite his character change from the cartoons). An evil droid central villain was something I was looking forward too for a long time. He's not must-have for me in the way certain OT characters are... but he's a must-have PT villain for me to go with Maul and Dooku.

For me, of PT villains, Jango is the one I can do without. Boba redux is unnecessary on the shelf. I'd prefer to have Nute Gunray honestly. Nute screams PT to me. :)

Personally I prefer the PT to the OT as far as designs and most characters go, but I'm more of an EU fan than a Movie Purist, so Revan and Exar Kun trump most of the main cast for me. Either way, my main want from the PT is a Palpatine. Both as Chancellor and in his Sidious getup. Sheev quickly rose to become my favourite of the main cast second to Vader, wrestling with Obi-Wan for the spot. Dooku and Grievous were too wasted for me, even though Maul got his "redemption arc" later. My guilty desire is a Starkiller. I'd buy him, Juno and Proxy in an instant. Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade, the Sith Triumvirate... So many things I'll never get. But that's what Star Wars is to me.

Here's an old phone picture of when I first displayed him. The battle droids have been moved to a different shelf, but he's still in the same pose.... :lol

20160411_175540.jpg

Cool, even sideways. :)

I wonder if some of the custom Grievous' will get reposted? Rorywan did an amazing job on his. And McHaleyArt rebuilt the neck bits. Both got that T-rex walking pose down for some dramatic pictures. I've been admiring their work again.

I have almost paid much more in the after market for this. I would imagine Hot Toys has its hands full with Mandalorian and all the other Star Wars properties to give Grievous a go. I will definitely be ordering this.

Also says this is shipping Jun 2021 - Aug 2021 so this is a no brainer for me.

No brainer. Ordered.

Ordered - I'm getting too old to keep waiting on HT to make one.

I’ll snag this. $285 is less than I would have guessed and even if HT sneak peeks this tomorrow it wouldn’t ship until 2023.

Throw me in the camp of buying this until HT releases one. Almost paid the rape price a few times so I?m happy. Something is better than nothing and if HT does announce him done even tomorrow, it ain?t coming for quite some time.

Ordered. Not missing out again.

Mind blown. Ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y’all might as well prepare to be disappointed now. This is the ****tiest figure I have. It is a piece of crap and might as well be made of Twizzlers. Brittle plastic, falls over, can’t stand in dynamic poses, trash stand that doesn’t even work, pain to get him to hold lightsabers, walk by and he falls over.

This needs to be a diecast release from HT. Not a reissue from SS who will probably be putting out the same brittle figure.

I'm really tempted to pick this one up but I'm holding out that HT will eventually release their version with light-up sabers and be a bit more to scale, all around. (I may be waiting for years, if forever...)

Didn't this figure have a ton of issues? All they mentioned on the livestream was that they touched up on his cape and nothing else. It honestly looks kind of cheap in the photos. Lack of detail and really soft looking all around for $300+ after tax and shipping. Rather wait for Hot Toys if they even go anywhere near a Grievous figure.

I might bite this time around. I remember him being a little floppy from reviews if I can remember along with the stand being a little cumbersome. Still, it'll probably look pretty great on the shelf. All things considered, I don't think the price is too bad considering the Iron Studios 1/10 statue is $365.

Last edited:
Y?all might as well prepare to be disappointed now. This is the ****tiest figure I have. It is a piece of crap and might as well be made of Twizzlers. Brittle plastic, falls over, can?t stand in dynamic poses, trash stand that doesn?t even work, pain to get him to hold lightsabers, walk by and he falls over.

This needs to be a diecast release from HT. Not a reissue from SS who will probably be putting out the same brittle figure.

I just want a 1/6 grievous, one of my favorite designs in SW. I don?t own any sideshow releases so being brittle will certainly suck. I only do museum poses so maybe it will work for me.

It being 285 is way cheaper than I would have imagined. I?ll pick up the HT version too so no issue there. I?m shocked at this being released pretty quickly too. HT I?d wait a year and a half from the pre-order. This will do in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to wonder why SS re-released Grievous and not, say, Greedo or Hammerhead. They likely could have jacked the price on a simple alien to $250 at least. Yet, they chose Grievous, a complicated figure, and kept the price at the same level as their Snowspeeder Luke from 5 years ago. Curious...

...unless they know an HT Grievous is coming. I hear him clanking through the HT halls right now....

I think they reissued Maul just a couple of months before the first HT Maul was announced...

Back