Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6f73edc7e37276eb9c6131288e6720ab.jpg

Very much looking forward to seeing this figure. Loved Beetlejuice as a kid!! After Back to the Future, Robocop, and now this, all I will need is for the gang from Ghost Busters to be done and I'd be able to "retire" from collecting!

Ecto 1 would be bad ass! I'm just hoping that IF Hot Toys decides to do the Ghost Busters they DON'T start the line with the upcoming movie line-up. Original cast only:lecture

I'd rather see Beetlejuice from the animated series...then we can get an animated Lydia Deetz

I would love to see collectibles from the animated series, too. I actually love it more than the movie and was obsessed with it and Lydia. Don't get me wrong, I'll always love the movie, but my love for the cartoon is stronger.

That said, I'll probably get this figure if it looks good. Wish they would make a Lydia to go with it. Beetlejuice and Lydia are a pair for me, because of how much I loved both incarnations of Lydia.

I was hoping for a reveal of the actual figure but at least it's still planned. I was going to get this for me but my wife is a big fan of the movie so I'll probably end up getting it for her.

I think they will because SS seems to do a good job with non human characters, like the 1/6 joker. It's the normal human characters they seem to have trouble getting right.

Exactly. I have faith that this could be good but I'm wondering how it'll measure up to Beto's. SS has the capability to produce a slew of accessories way easier than the small shop customizer, so there's a chance this could be loaded with goodies. I have a gut feeling I'll be sticking with my custom and picking up some extra parted-out goodies (the gravestone or a carousel hat and mallet arms would be sick).

Maybe if this does well, they'll do a red tux version

I am so looking forward to this release, a character that I have been wanting in my collection for a long time.

Exactly. I have faith that this could be good but I'm wondering how it'll measure up to Beto's. SS has the capability to produce a slew of accessories way easier than the small shop customizer, so there's a chance this could be loaded with goodies. I have a gut feeling I'll be sticking with my custom and picking up some extra parted-out goodies (the gravestone or a carousel hat and mallet arms would be sick).

Maybe if this does well, they'll do a red tux version
I suspect this one will have sculpted hair, a more accurate sculpt, the new SSC separate eyes system, lesser tailoring, lesser paintwork, and more accessories, all of which would distinguish it from the Beto figure. The carousel look would be awesome, but it's hard for me to imagine SSC going all out like that with the small details on the baubles hanging from the hat, the light-up feature, or the extra work required for the arms.

I suspect this one will have sculpted hair, a more accurate sculpt, the new SSC separate eyes system, lesser tailoring, lesser paintwork, and more accessories, all of which would distinguish it from the Beto figure. The carousel look would be awesome, but it's hard for me to imagine SSC going all out like that with the small details on the baubles hanging from the hat, the light-up feature, or the extra work required for the arms.

Yea, I know, I'm dreaming with the carousel. Extremity unlikely that they'd go all out on a release of which they may be a little uncertain of how the sales performance will be. I think the gravestone is very possible though. If it doesn't include that, then this could be a pretty barebones release because he's not an accessory heavy character. Aside from The Handbook, any extras (excluding hands) would be a pretty sizable item; gravestone, him in snake form, porcupine, etc...

I'd imagine that the hair would be sculpted too, but I'm not sure if the sculpt will be better. SS makes great SW figures, but even those, as well as the rest of their 1/6 efforts are a step behind the leaders of the game (HT, EB, BW...). I'm anxious to see what this look like and I'm hoping to be shocked

I can't recall SSC doing haired figures in forever (I'm not sure if they ever did it?). Baroness had sculpted hair, as did all their Leias and Buffy figures from what I know. I would not bet on it. And if they did do it, chances are it won't look great in production anyway, requiring mods.

Back