Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

"Hermano!"
d3ea3ba750ac090cca774f36819eb3a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So I've had Beetlejuice for a week or so now... and honestly the head and figure have grown on me. I still think the sculpt was a poor choice by way of expression; but tailoring is well done and on the shelf he looks great.

I still plan on trying out the Caine sculpt I have once I get it painted, but this figure turned out better than I expected. Probably helps I had low expectations to begin with.

I will say one thing that is odd... why would they bother to include the sculpted watches, but make the jacket cuffs so tight you'd never see them? As it is they just add a weird bit of bulk to the arm :huh

So I've had Beetlejuice for a week or so now... and honestly the head and figure have grown on me. I still think the sculpt was a poor choice by way of expression; but tailoring is well done and on the shelf he looks great.

I still plan on trying out the Caine sculpt I have once I get it painted, but this figure turned out better than I expected. Probably helps I had low expectations to begin with.

I will say one thing that is odd... why would they bother to include the sculpted watches, but make the jacket cuffs so tight you'd never see them? As it is they just add a weird bit of bulk to the arm :huh

I think they were added late. If I'm remembering correctly, they didn't show till after the proto had shown.

Just used my reward points on this figure, adding the Caine sculpt to it like the one above I think that should quench my beetlejuice thirst

For those with the Caine head would neckless be the way to go or just get it with the neck? Just ordered one from Caine but don't know how it will look on the sideshow neck if I go with a neckless one. Thanks in advance for the help.

For those with the Caine head would neckless be the way to go or just get it with the neck? Just ordered one from Caine but don't know how it will look on the sideshow neck if I go with a neckless one. Thanks in advance for the help.

I ordered the one with the neck. Is he painting yours too?

I'd go with necked it looks really stupid without a neck for some reason at least the ones I've seen.

With the necked sculpt it might need trimming down a couple of mm not to much though you still want some neck showing.
Caines sculpt is fantastic and the best out there. :lecture

It's not uncommon for a neck to need a bit of shortening... different bodies have different heights where the neck post will sit and even different and shoulder slopes, best is to do clothed a test fitting before you paint to see where the head sits once it's on the body and dressed.

It's much less of a problem to remove part of the neck before you paint a head than after you do :lol

So I got my beetlejuice not as bad of a sculpt as I thought even though I am replacing it with caines anyway. But what really pissed me off was that it looked like a previous return that they sent me. The head was detached and didn't have any protective plastic on it so it has missing paint all over it as well as the hands. The stand was broken, and the plastic over the box had been opened before as well. It's bad enough that this figure as is was a failure this was just a kick in the gut

Back