Show Your Entire Terminator Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
_MG_6621.jpg

Awesome MarfMaster! I love how the BD T-800 is the centerpiece.

You are crazy to display figures with no stands , great setup though .

That BD Ahhhnuld is badasss

Thanks Ecko! For Hot Toys figures I ditch the stand if I'm confident the figure has a firm stance, and if at some point I'm wrong, they're only taking a 12" dive so no real harm. :lol My Customs on the other hand, all of those have stands. I take no risk there!

Thanks Ecko! For Hot Toys figures I ditch the stand if I'm confident the figure has a firm stance, and if at some point I'm wrong, they're only taking a 12" dive so no real harm. :lol My Customs on the other hand, all of those have stands. I take no risk there!

:goodpost::exactly: I hope so brother , those customs you got are priceless :panic:

, still a fall over and the head sculpt hits the detolf door :horror:monkey2 touch ups are hard to match on HT heads.

, still a fall over and the head sculpt hits the detolf door :horror:monkey2 touch ups are hard to match on HT heads.

I imagine that would be almost impossible, since their factory paint app process gives a distinct look...you've got me thinking.

I imagine that would be almost impossible, since their factory paint app process gives a distinct look...you've got me thinking.

Well look at it like this.

I consider buying a Detolf an investment to protect your little expensive investmets . Using the stand is a no brainer when you're spending anywhere from $200 - $300 on a Hot Toys Figure .

Believe me , i love the look of no stands myself , but i don't have the balllls to do it . I think Blitzway nailed it by using a metal base with magnetic feet :exactly:

I would do that to all my figures (add magnets) but sometimes i sell figures , i want them mint , complete when they sell.

Sorry to get your brain going on using stands , do what you want buddy :1-1:

I'm with Mike on this one. I look at your setup MarfMaster and see how your HT figures don't have stand and think :horror but I understand at the same time why you don't use them.

All that being said I do a double :horror :horror knowing that you are in SoCal.

No fear of earthquakes knocking those figures over?

I too would go without stands if I wasn't in fear of damage. Just kinda wish HT included their standard stands with all DX releases. Those DX stands take up way too much space for my liking.

Anyway, apologies for butting into your convo, but wanted to interject my opinion on the amount of minerals I think it takes for MarfMaster to display his HT without stands.

This thread is AMAZING not realy collections but more like Show your MUSEUM of TERMINATORS...I'm still paying on my dx's and hope to grab the 1/4 endo soon. I got a lot of catching up to do... Again AMAZING COLLECTIONS terminator fans.:clap:clap:clap

Last edited:
I'm with Mike on this one. I look at your setup MarfMaster and see how your HT figures don't have stand and think :horror but I understand at the same time why you don't use them.

All that being said I do a double :horror :horror knowing that you are in SoCal.

No fear of earthquakes knocking those figures over?

I too would go without stands if I wasn't in fear of damage. Just kinda wish HT included their standard stands with all DX releases. Those DX stands take up way too much space for my liking.

Anyway, apologies for butting into your convo, but wanted to interject my opinion on the amount of minerals I think it takes for MarfMaster to display his HT without stands.

Hey no problem jimmie, thanks for the input! :duff Earthquakes are definitely a concern for me...but what is most likely to be damaged from a fall (more like tip) from 12" is the paint on the sculpt, and I feel like with PVC sculpts and the factory paint app process, the HT sculpts are durable enough to handle it. I have actually had a few HT figures tip over before, and I'm not sure if I was just lucky, but no harm was done. :pray: I have been considering stands though for my Mk IV, because of all of the delicate plastic parts, and DX figures, because PERS probably wouldn't hold up well to a fall.

HOLY SHEEEET YOU LIVE IN AN EARTHQUAKE AREA?

YEAH YOU REALLY NEED TO USE STANDS BROTHER

:lol:panic:

Since I never attempted to display without stands I thought I'd give it a try. Low and behold I have no issues with my figures staying upright. Was afraid that when I opened the Detolf, the sheer force from the magnet detaching from the door would make the figures rock too much and lose balance. So far so good. I prefer the spacing having no stands provides.

Edit: scratch that. Superman has issues

Back