Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies for the picture quality, I got rid of all the detolfs in favor of milsbos now.

IMG_1134.jpgIMG_1123.jpgIMG_1124.jpgIMG_1125.jpgIMG_1126.jpg

@tbrisko nice collection and posing!

what is that thing called which hulkbuster is standing on? is it a table ?

Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

I love this setup. Think I might need to steal it as it shows the real size of the Hulkbuster.

I believe you can get suit Tony as 3rd party figure right ? Where is yours from ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

I love this setup. Think I might need to steal it as it shows the real size of the Hulkbuster.

I believe you can get suit Tony as 3rd party figure right ? Where is yours from ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all!

The "table" is a pedestal from Pedestal Source - I got it with the optional light up top.

The suit is Poptoys (X26, i think?) (from onesixthkit) with the Hot Toys Civil War head sculpt from the 46 and an extra 46 hand and some sunglasses from Giantoy.

Re: Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

Forgot one - post Endgame Tony
ts.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-1142.jpg
    IMG-1142.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 453
tbrisko, do you have any pics of the whole cabinet(s)? I'm not familiar with the milsbos and would like to see how it compares to a detolf. Thanks!

tbrisko, do you have any pics of the whole cabinet(s)? I'm not familiar with the milsbos and would like to see how it compares to a detolf. Thanks!

Below are my opinions, not facts, just what I like - your mileage may vary

Pros:

They feel solid and there is enough room around the shelves to run wiring.
I like the clean look, to me they look and feel much higher quality than a detolf.
lockable
adjustable shelves in about 4-5 inch increments
the doors fit more snugly than detolf (less dust)
The cabinets sit about 6-8 inches off the ground, so even the bottoms shelf doesn't feel like you have the figures displayed on the ground.

Cons:

The door borders obscure about 3.5 inches in the middle of the cabinet. If they didn't you could easily display 3 figures per shelf without it feeling overly congested. As it is, if you place something on the middle of the shelf you have to open the doors to get a nice view.

Because the doors fit more snugly there is less room to run wiring/cables out of the cabinet. The bottom shelf is comprised of two sheets of steel, separated by air. You can drill it for wiring but you have to measure carefully and start with a small bit and gradually increase. A larger bit will get caught on the frayed edges of the metal, tear and leave an irregular hole.

In summary I don't feel either are a perfect fit for what I want to do. Milsbos are twice the space but twice the cost of a detolf. Overall, with the adjustable shelves and better presentation I prefer the milsbos.

IMG-1151.jpgIMG-1150.jpg

Thanks for posting those. I’ve been considering buying a milbos next. I like detolfs but prefer the look of these. Good collection

Below are my opinions, not facts, just what I like - your mileage may vary

Pros:

They feel solid and there is enough room around the shelves to run wiring.
I like the clean look, to me they look and feel much higher quality than a detolf.
lockable
adjustable shelves in about 4-5 inch increments
the doors fit more snugly than detolf (less dust)
The cabinets sit about 6-8 inches off the ground, so even the bottoms shelf doesn't feel like you have the figures displayed on the ground.

Cons:

The door borders obscure about 3.5 inches in the middle of the cabinet. If they didn't you could easily display 3 figures per shelf without it feeling overly congested. As it is, if you place something on the middle of the shelf you have to open the doors to get a nice view.

Because the doors fit more snugly there is less room to run wiring/cables out of the cabinet. The bottom shelf is comprised of two sheets of steel, separated by air. You can drill it for wiring but you have to measure carefully and start with a small bit and gradually increase. A larger bit will get caught on the frayed edges of the metal, tear and leave an irregular hole.

In summary I don't feel either are a perfect fit for what I want to do. Milsbos are twice the space but twice the cost of a detolf. Overall, with the adjustable shelves and better presentation I prefer the milsbos.

View attachment 459592View attachment 459593

Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately, I returned my milsbos because I didn’t like the thickness of the front door borders.

Back