Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the Pop toys x26 suit

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1389&search=pop

Hot Toys Mark 46 Civil War head sculpt

Hot Toys Mark 46 Civil War right hand (blu tack on a regular writs peg, going to sculpt a wrist peg foe it out of milliput eventually)

Body is a generic TTM 019

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=87_88&product_id=9

(color looks really orange in the photo, but it is fine in hand)

Glasses:

https://giantoy.com/products/pre-or...action-figures-onesixth?variant=6972411543615
(I got the orange ones, closest to the rose color - FWIW, I replaced these with the Dita flights here: https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1885&search=glasses )

FYI - I had to make the foot pegs a bit thicker with epoxy putty, otherwise he had a tendency to topple without a stand - don't want to scratch the 46 head sculpt with aftermarket prices these days :(

One last bit, the left fist is from Star Lord, pretty generic sculpt, just happened to be what I had "on hand"

OK great. Coincidently I was also planning on using my Mk46 headsculpt. So this is great. Not so nice to hear about the wrist and ankle pegs.

I need to get a new body anyway. Any idea which is better suited to HT hands and better more stable feet ?

They mention COOMODEL or WORLDBOX figures fit with the suit. Anyone else used either of these bodies for anything ? How are their ankles ?

OK great. Coincidently I was also planning on using my Mk46 headsculpt. So this is great. Not so nice to hear about the wrist and ankle pegs.

I need to get a new body anyway. Any idea which is better suited to HT hands and better more stable feet ?

They mention COOMODEL or WORLDBOX figures fit with the suit. Anyone else used either of these bodies for anything ? How are their ankles ?

Just make sure you get a body without a built in neck. I have tried a few different cheaper, generic bodies - seems like they all pretty much have some minor issue or another. All the issues generally can be worked around or improved. Good luck!!

Finally got around to unboxing my Mark V and II that have been sitting in storage for the past several months :yess: Hope you enjoy the pics!

iron man 4.jpg

iron man 3.jpg

iron man 2 reduced.jpg

iron man 5.jpg

iron man 6.jpg

Iron Man 1.jpg

Loving everyone’s collection/IM pictures!

I know that the Neon Tech IM line started to become polarizing but personally, I am a fan. Considering that the WM Mk. I is supposed to be released as the Neon Tech 3.0 and the line so far has been released under the Iron Man 2 license, I predict that the Neon Tech 4.0 will probably be a repaint of the IM Mk. V.

Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

It’s lookin’ like a Lack.
Also, nice collection Bullet1217! Just wondering what lighting you have on the top of the shelves.
Finally, what sort of wall attachments have you used to secure the bracket? I have a shelf that’s starting to droop slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

It’s lookin’ like a Lack.
Also, nice collection Bullet1217! Just wondering what lighting you have on the top of the shelves.
Finally, what sort of wall attachments have you used to secure the bracket? I have a shelf that’s starting to droop slightly.

Yes, I agree. Probably a Lack. He does have LED light strip on the shelf itself pointing up. So perhaps that's the only lighting ?

Yep. Bullet is displaying roughly the same amount of figs I have on my Lack shelving.
I’d be keen to see the lighting effect if possible. I need to solve my top shelf lighting issues (as in, I have no light!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep. Bullet is displaying roughly the same amount of figs I have on my Lack shelving.
I’d be keen to see the lighting effect if possible. I need to solve my top shelf lighting issues (as in, I have no light!)

My master display plan is to use Lack (or perhaps a slightly cheaper shelf setup with brackets) to achieve something like the display in the first pic below. It looks awesome and potentially complex, but on closer inspection it is essentially shelving with glass fronts. Then with a wide cover over the front.

As my collection is not as large as this one, however around 70 odd figures, I plan to have storage cupboards below, then have 2-4 shelves high.

The second pic from Batcave Files sort of shows how it could look with cupboards below, then shelving.

These two are the highest end best looking setups IMO. I have always disliked Detolfs, and with this type of setup I see the following advantages,

1). Figures are horizontally displayed with plenty of room
2). Figures are displayed roughly at eye-level
3). Figures can be integrated into a work room/den
4). Cupboards can be used to store work related stuff, so space is not only used for figures.
5). Cost should not be prohibitive, and could be assembled by myself.

Display.jpg

Batcave Files
Picture 1.jpg

Rough concept. Height may need to be increased between first and second row. I dislike too much overlap and "busy-ness". Figures need room to breath, like in the Batcave Files display. However space will always be a restriction.
Glass concept will either be 2 parallel sliding panes (not shown exactly in concept). Or as a door folding up with hinge covered by front cover.

LED will be a LED strip running along the length of the shelf which can be bought cheap from China with a remote.

Screenshot 2019-08-05 at 11.25.08.jpg

Back