Show off your Kamen Riders!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late in the game, but saw them and had to get 'em both!!!!!!:cuckoo:

Kamen7.jpg
Kamen8.jpg
Kamen10.jpg
Kamen9.jpg

That is freakin sweet! Congrats!

I opened up SIC Vol 66 - Kamen Rider OOO ****tyra Combo this weekend. What a work of art, and so many different display options.

11157335183_822173c0b9_c.jpg

11157042815_7ec87721c3_c.jpg

11157006496_54738ed2c2_c.jpg

11157166116_fc133eb720_c.jpg

11157285163_44c52e0697_c.jpg

11157064274_f358dda933_c.jpg

11156945304_7b6b11475e_c.jpg

Anyone know if Medicom made the bike, or another company did as i saw a standalone Bike only by Eternal Black Sun Enterprise, which has the Toie license on it.

Does the bike have any gimmicks?

That is freakin sweet! Congrats!

My camera and photo skills are absolutely wretched, and this isn't really a Rider, but what the hell...

DSCN8302.jpg

7894edce-e86d-40f0-ae36-8b6ab54614be.jpg

It goes without saying, but your collection is friggin awesome, saintsyn! How did you get started? The reason I ask, is that while I've been watching Toku for many years, I only recently started collecting, so it's totally overwhelming the amount of stuff that's out there. I'm not sure whether to stick with a series or two and just get everything from them or to pick a scale or two and get something from each.

My issue with the latter, is that while there are shows I love, due to my adoration of the characters, sometimes the suit designs for that particular show aren't exactly something I want to collect. For instance, Kisaragi Gentarou isn't just my favorite Rider, but may just be one of my all time favorite television characters, period. The Fourze forms, however, aren't exactly my favorite designs, asthetically, so the only things I have from that series are the PBM of Gen, switches, and Foodroids. Other than picking up a Driver, eventually, there isn't really anything else I want.

The problem with picking a scale and sticking with it doesn't really work either, though, as while most of what I have so far are 1:1 and 1/6, being such a huge OOO fan, and wanting representations of all the Greeeds (and all the Forms), there's no way I'm going to be able to keep myself away Figuarts for long, not to mention the SIC stuff. I could totally see myself "army building" Gatakiribas, too, but that's another matter...

Of course, this is only Heisei era stuff I'm talking about. I could fill a small town with the Vintage stuff I'd like to get! :lol

For now, I'm mostly picking up the non-suited Human forms of my favorite Riders. They aren't always the most interesting to look at, but I find that my enjoyment of KR is totally character driven. I don't care how cool suit designs are, if I can't get behind the characters themselves, I'm not really interested, ya know?

Last edited:
Thanks mate! Yeah.. I've been collecting hardcore for years… I have always had a lot of toys growing up (I'm 40 now) but it was around the time of the first Burton Batman movie that I started to actually collect for collectings sake. As far as my love of Toku, it's partly due to being into Godzilla, Robotech and Voltron as a kid…Plus my older brother had gotten m into Ultraman… pursuing items from those shows at comic conventions led me to discovering all the glorious Japanese live action gems. One of my first real toku toys was a chogokin red ranger figure from Changeman. It was around 1987 and I found him at a convention for $20. I just loved the look and had to have it. Then I started finding magazines that had articles on Sentai and Kamen Rider and with the advent of Power Rangers the floodgates opened and I started collecting more and more Japanese items. When ebay came around it became easier and easier to find this stuff and it just ballooned from there. The first Rider series I saw from beginning to end was Ryuki and I was hooked. I became a hardcore Rider fan with Sentai coming in a close second and pretty much try to get something representative of all of the series… As far as my personal preference I would have to say the Figuarts line is my fave…. The character selection, the show accuracy, the articulation is all very appealing to me. I have a few of the Medicom items, but they can be so expensive that I have to pick and choose. I also really dig the SIC line but my interest in those has waned as of late….

As far as my personal preference I would have to say the Figuarts line is my fave…. The character selection, the show accuracy, the articulation is all very appealing to me.

Exactly. Character selection and accuracy are key, and that's why I find myself drawn to them so much. Like I said, there's never going to be 1/6 versions of all the villians and supporting characters from most of the series, so if you want a piece of everything, Figuarts are really the way to go.

What Figuarts don't do, however, are human sculpts, and that's something I appreciate with the Medicom line. I've always been a sucker for the "unmasked" versions of suited heroes. The fact that so many Riders have been done in their "human" forms just goes to show how likeable, and recognizable they really are. Not that Sentai and other Toku aren't, but I guess it's easier to do one character per show compared to 5-8.

Maybe that's what I'll do then. Stick with the 1/6 unsuited riders and get the Figuarts for all the various forms, secondary riders, villians, ect. Or maybe I should stop overthinking it and just buy whatever the hell I want! That sounds like a lot more fun! I tend to turn collecting into a job sometimes...:gah:

Exactly. Character selection and accuracy are key, and that's why I find myself drawn to them so much. Like I said, there's never going to be 1/6 versions of all the villians and supporting characters from most of the series, so if you want a piece of everything, Figuarts are really the way to go.

What Figuarts don't do, however, are human sculpts, and that's something I appreciate with the Medicom line. I've always been a sucker for the "unmasked" versions of suited heroes. The fact that so many Riders have been done in their "human" forms just goes to show how likeable, and recognizable they really are. Not that Sentai and other Toku aren't, but I guess it's easier to do one character per show compared to 5-8.

Maybe that's what I'll do then. Stick with the 1/6 unsuited riders and get the Figuarts for all the various forms, secondary riders, villians, ect. Or maybe I should stop overthinking it and just buy whatever the hell I want! That sounds like a lot more fun! I tend to turn collecting into a job sometimes...:gah:

I hear you! Collecting should always be about things that make you happy… Having a completionist mentality can drive you bonkers if you let it… Personally, i'd love human forms as well and wish they'd at least do Figuarts Zeros of some of the alter egos...

You're right! If I want a Amazon SIC, I'm not gonna question whether or not I should get the RAH due to already having others instead, I'm just getting it!

Thankfully, I'm not feeling Gaim at all, so I have a full year reprieve. I'm still watching the show, in hopes that it gets better, but it's painful. Not only am I not a fan of the suit designs, I hate the entire cast! :lol

I did get this, though, and may get Momotaro as I suspect these locks may not be toy only pieces. I have a feeling we may see these two somewhere before Gaim is done.

53E8FB31-9B32-405A-947A-073F54EC7CEC-1812-000003C28DA25268_zpsd85239c2.jpg

598DFB86-B786-4BA0-804A-864E17272E40-1812-000003C2E8140515_zps6c2b6ce6.jpg

You can never have enough Momotaros in my book! I'm digging Gaim well enough so far… It's concept is interesting and the ones that start off silly usually get pretty dark toward the end...

Shaider just came in today along with G3-X.

Just need to scout for the perfect acrylic display case for them.

Still have Juspion and G4 on pre-order. Once all in. I might be done with Medicom. Maybe collecting alogether... lol

Last edited:
Also, I recently did a body update with the old yet awesome original Medicom/Timehouse Sharivan.

Awesome, Scarlet! Good luck with the display case. I find that's one of my biggest gripes with collecting, I can never find the perfect case, and I'm tired of Detolfs.

Oh, could someone stop me from buying the entire DenLiner Action Series, please? I don't need them...right?! :lol

Thanks Kay. I've got a few in mind but its gonna be quite steep. Those displays with LED and mirror backing are so damn cool. Just don't know if I should get them. I mean if get one, I'd get more for the other figures. Yeah I'm OCD like that.

Yeah I cant stand detolf. I had 2 but gave them to my parents. I just find them too common and overused. Plus those acrylic cases provide better protection from dust.

I guess I will just buy one a month. The idea is to get 6 of those by the time G4 and Juspion arrives.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=LGS10002&mode=retail

Back