Show off your Kamen Riders!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little Trio <3

seqw.jpg

Awesome Trio you got there:clap

Just started watching the series and enjoying it.

I plan on picking up the 2.0 version of Faiz. Just wished they'd make more of the human forms:(

There's a pretty decent selection of human riders, considering, but yeah, I wish they had at least one human rider representing each show. I would even be down for a bunch of "secondary" riders like Zanki, Kido, Asakura, but Im sure I'm the minority. Unless the Rider is very personable, they don't even bother making a human form of the main Rider, it seems, ie Ryotaro and Haruto Soma. I'm surprised Wataru was made, actually.

Speaking of 1/6, does anyone have some collection pics of RAHs next to PBMs? I've seen a couple from afar that show the RAHs to be a little bigger, but I'd like some more examples, if possible, as I'm thinking of picking up some of the Kubuto and Ryuki RAHs, but I'm torn due to already growing PBM
collection. I guess I could always do shelfs show specific to mask the difference, but I'm curious as to how dramatic the difference is.

I think if you avoid putting the PBM! Hibiki and Kabuto figures with RAH's you will be fine. Kiva onwards tend to blend in. All though you will get something like the original Kuuga being too tall even for the RAH scale (well, hes meant to be a short guy rider). The Dragon Knight figures are maybe a little smaller too actually.

I have some random pictures of the riders i owned before i sold most of them. So ill just post the random pictures i find in my old folder

spa4249.jpg

W is PBM! the others are RAH

spa4540.jpg

Dark Kabuto is PBM

I used to have alot more pictures, but i deleted them when i sold the figures for the most part.

Its a shame 555 has no humans, but i like the Wolf Orphenoch. Its a shame ill never get it, but if it was the horse i would. I think Faiz is Kiba Yuji's show before everybody else

md005.jpg

I received the S.I.C. Tamashii Web Exclusive Greeed Uva figure the other day. Great detail, but it is more like a statue, similar to the original S.I.C. figures.

12096023236_0e522f6a62_c.jpg

12095283045_df102c7d9f_c.jpg

12095634533_a42c57462e_c.jpg

My current SH Figuarts Collection and still growing.
I have a couple of MISB items still not displayed due to lack of space.
Got to find space to display my Ankh (Complete) soon, :D
Figuarts are more addictive than Hot Toys...

Ken_zps2fe82309.jpg

Ken1_zps4d9e584d.jpg

Sweet pics TK. Love G3X. Mine came with a broken horn tip and had to return the faceplate for a replacement. Will take a long while. For now he is posing with the Makoto headsculpt holding a Bandai G3 helmet. Its slightly bigger than the medicom head (bout 5 % bigger) but will have to do til then. Did you get G4? Its so damn cool.

Anyways Dedguy, it depends on the character. G3x and G4 use pleather suits. I'm just afraid they will deteriorate to over time. I've taken precautions like putting them in acrylic cases to prevent dust from settling and decadent to keep moisture out. Riders like agito and kanga uses rubber suits like stormtroopers.

are newer Riders wearing rubber suits or still the old vinyl suits? hows the quality if it's still vinyl? any chance of cracking & flaking like the old ones?

Scarlet's right. It depends on the rider. Some are pleather some are rubber.

As far as quality, the newer figures seem to hold up better. I've had a Medicom Kaneda sitting on his bike for a few years now and the suit is still holding up.

I've also been looking at other options like various 1:6 scaled body suits/wetsuits as replacements.

Sweet pics TK. Love G3X. Mine came with a broken horn tip and had to return the faceplate for a replacement. Will take a long while. For now he is posing with the Makoto headsculpt holding a Bandai G3 helmet. Its slightly bigger than the medicom head (bout 5 % bigger) but will have to do til then. Did you get G4? Its so damn cool.

Sorry to hear about your G3-X. I searched high and low for mine Finally found one on Anime Jungle's Japanese site:yess: I was a little worried since it was an opened item. However, the item I received was in perfect condition:yess:

I also plan on getting G4 eventually. What I really want is for Medicom to release a bike for G3-X. I also wouldn't mind a G3.:pray:

well when i meant rubber suit i mean real rubber that's thicker than pleather like the Medicom UltraSeven 2.0 (molded suit), the older version uses some vinyl rubber like suit that's flexible like spandex. so i guess when you mention stormtrooper you mean those ultra thin vinyl coated fabric which are stretchable, the Stormtrooper ones a mess it's worse than Pleather. i always apply a coat of leather polisher (non alcoholic) to give it a shinny look & layer of coating protection.

I'm very surprised after after nearly 13 years (RAH 100 2001) the damage is considered minimal all the while sitting in sealed box. Now i just can't figure out how to keep it in tip top condition.

I tried putting in dust free cabinets, doesn't help much. I'm guessing heat & humidity control is also essential. But you can't stop oxidation from happening, the loss of glue on the top vinyl coat makes it crack & flake off from the fabric, so i'm guessing a layer of coating on top (& maybe inner side too) should help alot.

Anyways Dedguy, it depends on the character. G3x and G4 use pleather suits. I'm just afraid they will deteriorate to over time. I've taken precautions like putting them in acrylic cases to prevent dust from settling and decadent to keep moisture out. Riders like agito and kanga uses rubber suits like stormtroopers.

Well so far i still couldn't find any pictures related to Hot Toys Body swap & removing the leather top coat leaving the black fabric, so not sure how good they would look without those nice Leather look.

BTW any Old Rider 1 fans here? I just noticed something strange, that all the Medicom Old Rider 1 figures has the switches on his left side of the belt, but the words on the belt ("Tuning" & digits) seems upside down. I checked other items like Vinyl figures, statues & TV show reference all of them have the switches on the left side, but i couldn't find TV reference showing the wordings on the belt. Which makes me wonder, was it accidental that the actor wore the belt upside down & they just continued keeping the error, or was it intentionally written upside down? Or was it just Medicom messing up (from ver 1.0 - 3.0)?

Scarlet's right. It depends on the rider. Some are pleather some are rubber.

As far as quality, the newer figures seem to hold up better. I've had a Medicom Kaneda sitting on his bike for a few years now and the suit is still holding up.

I've also been looking at other options like various 1:6 scaled body suits/wetsuits as replacements.

Back