Shark City Ozark Jaws Statues and 1/6 Busts by Mike V. Shultz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you end up getting it? I just emailed them asking to switch to heavy gore with no bits or cloth. Like the one in this pic

That's exactly what I did. But no I didn't go through with the order. I was expecting $300 and they must have changed the price as I was ordering. I'll hold off for now.

That's exactly what I did. But no I didn't go through with the order. I was expecting $300 and they must have changed the price as I was ordering. I'll hold off for now.

sorry you didn't make the cut-off. But like others said they did post on their facebook that the price was going up as there was little profit at the $300 pricepoint. That was the main reason i placed an order this weekend.

I know your bummed it's more expensive, but i do believe that's better than not owning one at all. I do believe they said they can stop making these anytime if large commission requests come up and it will be retired, pretty much gone forever.

When it's all said and done, i think this is going to be a very special pieces for years to come. The sculpt is outrageous. It appeals to so many different collectors: statue collectors, bust collectors, 1:6 collectors , monster collectors, horror collectors and JAWS collectors, plus I think these are going to be SUPER LIMITED.

sorry you didn't make the cut-off. But like others said they did post on their facebook that the price was going up as there was little profit at the $300 pricepoint. That was the main reason i placed an order this weekend.

I know your bummed it's more expensive, but i do believe that's better than not owning one at all. I do believe they said they can stop making these anytime if large commission requests come up and it will be retired, pretty much gone forever.

When it's all said and done, i think this is going to be a very special pieces for years to come. The sculpt is outrageous. It appeals to so many different collectors: statue collectors, bust collectors, 1:6 collectors , monster collectors, horror collectors and JAWS collectors, plus I think these are going to be SUPER LIMITED.

I agree. Ordered. :yess:

Now that I have had it for a week I can say that it is my fav. piece. BUT if I had to choose between this and the 37" NTT version I would stick with the NTT version just because it's the full shark. But this bust is his best sculpt and really stands out to me in my collection.

I saw this thread the other day and couldn't preorder fast enough! Now there is a Bruce with medium gore to be made for meeee! What a beautiful fish[emoji7]

I GOT ONE! Haven't been this excited for a piece in a very long time. Could be because it's a departure from what I usually collect or because it's my first non-mass-produced collectible, but either way, there's a magic about this bust that I can't describe (nor hope to properly capture in photos).
I was lucky enough to find shadysearl0's listing on the OSR BST Facebook page and immediately hit him up for it. Great seller and he included a nifty plaque he had made for it, too. I've wanted to own one of these since I read John's review earlier this year and I'm so glad for the opportunity to have come up.

On a related note, I need to get me some of those barrels. JAWS, I may have to steal your display idea. :)

IMG_4241_zpsjqmyi43o.jpg

IMG_4246_zpsno47xli6.jpg

IMG_4234_zpsvx8ydhl4.jpg

To anyone else who's on the fence, hit up SCO via email because they're ending this run after September! Looking forward to seeing what else they come up with... Supposedy, in addition to the long-planned Jaws 2 bust, they'll be doing another from the first film with the scuba tank and Quint bits.

Mine arrived damaged during shipping. Had to send it back for repair. :( Awesome customer service from this company though, top notch.

So it looks like Shark City Ozark is releasing a new and improved version of this bust, immediately upon closing the first run. what a joke.

i enjoy my 1/6 bust, but as a collector I think it's pretty lousy of Shark City Ozark to release an new and improved variant one month after you close the initial run.

Last edited:
So it looks like Shark City Ozark is releasing a new and improved version of this bust. ..what a joke.

i enjoy my 1/6 bust, but as a collector I think it's pretty lousy of Shark City Ozark to release an new and improved variant one month after you close the initial run.

Really? Where's that info from? I know they're doing another 1/6 bust, but it's the shark from Jaws II. They'll also be doing the other sequel sharks. The initial run of the original Bruce was also extended to the end of October.

Posted in the blog section on SCO's website: Welcome to Mike V. Schultz - Shark City Ozark - On The Bench Blog

This is not exactly a straight carbon copy with updated details. The newer bust will have less of the asymmetrical bloating the previous one had.

This update was from October 10th:

By way of an UPDATE we have the following exciting NEWS and solution that we are offering:

We are writing to update all outstanding orders for our 1/6 Bruce shark Bust with an incredible offer! As you know the sales have been so incredible on the 1/6 Bruce Busts that we responded to the great amount of pressure early last month to not yet close the sales edition of the busts as planned.
Also, since then Cathy consolidated for me all of the customer feedback and I have been working on a highly updated Bruce Bust to pick up where the initial Bruce Bust leaves off.

The reason for this is that we very much passed our goals for the Bruce Bust early last month-- prompting us to close the run -- YET the sales have been increasing at an astounding rate!
So, what we have done is to remaster the bust based on the massive amount of customer-feedback then release the updated bust allowing us to retire the first edition. This limits the first run and also allows more people to get in on the action-bust as well.

Now the updated version is the same basic shark proper at first glance. It is the same pose and same basic silhouette. However what I have done is greatly increase the detail resolution adding many new screen accurate features. MANY many..I have also improved the tongue and mouth detail mesh.
In addition, many customers expressed they had no previous knowledge that the location used Bruce Shark skin’s often twisted on their frames and bloated from water damage at various stages of shooting causing many features to not mirror correctly from one side to the other.

The real Bruce sharks often had the eyes, nostrils and mouth corners ever so slightly misaligned with their opposite side due to this. Our first edition Bruce of course mirrored this extreme accuracy. However; as a wise friend told me once, if you have to explain a feature then the intent was not communicated as best it could in the model.

So for the updated version I have remodeled the head to have the left to right balance-of-features indicative of a brand new Bruce Shark skin yet to suffer those water damages and repairs.
Thus the ‘slight misaligned features have been corrected to a newer shark whose left features more properly mirror their right side. A newer Bruce skin as opposed to one at the end of a rough day's shoot. Both still 100% historical Bruce, and now both different enough and limited in numbers enough to increase in value more rapidly over time for their collector's☺.

Also I have greatly increased the resolution of detail and increased the depth of many of the wounds and skin repairs while also spending an entire day just re-modeling in the scale-grit [under magnification] of the actual sand-grit used in the painting of the original Bruce Shark skins over 40 years ago! Never before has there been a 1/6 scale Bruce shark Bust with this much detail per square inch, even greater than the mechanical shark that we built and operated for SyFy’s film GhostShark back in 2012!

So, with all this information in hand I have been writing current paid in full customers presenting the option to upgrade to this newer and more detailed Bruce shark Bust for FREE. No additional charge or shipping or anything of the sort. ☺ I just thought to myself that if I were awaiting my Bruce Shark Bust then I would want the newest and most detailed one available.

Of course whatever customization's previously chosen also apply to the newer shark orders.
* This of course in no way hinders or detracts from the 1/6 Scale All New Closed-Mouth-Pose Bruce Shark Bust about to release or any of the other sequel shark busts that we are releasing quite soon.
We just wanted to share our most unique solution to the problem of limiting run numbers while also providing for an ever greater collector audience. CHEER'S, and have an Incredible day!☺
Mike Shark City Ozark

Mike has since posted more info on the business' Facebook page. This was from October 20th:

To blanket answer a common question we have been getting since yesterday: "Why are you releasing another Bruce Bust instead of continuing the current run?"
Answer:
Because most of our customers are die-hard Jaws Fan Collectors and they want smaller edition / run numbers.
This makes the shark that they have collected from us instantly far more valuable and able to appreciate further in value much sooner.
A limited run of only 75 or even 300 sharks increases in value much more rapidly than does some overseas mass produced run of say 10,000 units.
In this way I am able to continue to release from our inventory of now 43 shark prototypes as well as new prototypes sooner.
So;
More fans are able to collect and have their investments appreciate in value faster, and we earn a living working with our different creations keeping everything fresh, new and exciting for everyone involved. A win-win-win all around.
Oh, and 2016 will be the year of the SCO Bruce Shark kits.
The Tow Sled that we developed in 2012 with Cal Acord's help is scheduled for molding so that we can release the first ever Fine Scale, Historically Accurate resin kit of the Tow Sled Shark and the Tow Undercarriage Structure; in our HUGE 3 foot scale!
YUP!

So to recap: as a new product, it does have technical updates, but it's also different from the original. He also contacted the outstanding orders at the time if they'd like to convert at no extra charge.

I'd hit the blog link for more info on what else they're working on. Lots of stuff on the horizon.

Last edited:
my first and officially my last order from Shark City Ozark. I have no time for this Mickey Mouse BS.

I'm all for new and improved versions, but space it out, give it a year or two. Offering a new and improved version of "the same basic shark proper at first glance" only 31 DAYS after I received the first edition bust is simply BAD business.

Never placing another order from Mike Shultz and his family again.

Whoops, seems I was mistaken. Mike posted another update today to detail the exact differences and my reading of his original blog post was way off.

I would like to clear up an odd misunderstanding over the differences between our First Edition 1/6 Bruce Bust and this ALL New 1/6 HD Bruce Bust coming out in the next few weeks:
First, both Bruce Bust's sold by SCO are 100% perfectly historically accurate to what I created them to be and what we advertised.
Both are perfectly Bruce, and both are as different as night and day,
just like history's real live Bruce sharks!
1.] The Original First Edition 1/6 Bruce Shark Bust was advertised and sold as a cleaner, newer and far less damaged/repaired Bruce Shark.
Key being a newer and fresher Bruce.
2. The All New HD Bruce Bust is the final minutes, if not the final seconds of Bruce's all-to-short life.
HD Bruce is as war torn and battle damaged as we dared to make him.
This is a far more worked on shark by a weary FX crew struggling to keep up with the unrealistic demands of the brass and just trying to finish the film.
This is that shark from the end scenes with different padding, painting and loaded with a multitude of scars, skin-rips, repairs, grit and TLC.
Both SCO Bruce Busts are awesome and collectible, get yours while you can.
Releasing in a few weeks or less. Thank you friends.

The idea is to put out a bust with more of the damage and scars built into the sculpt, as that's what most people have requested with their customizations. So it's sculpted as a shark from later in production rather than one from earlier.

I see the situation as being between a rock and a hard place. With this new information, it sounds like the busts will indeed be based on different stages of filming, but to a layman, of course they'd appear similar. From a company that's made so many products based on different stages and rigs from a single film, that can't really be avoided. There's not much else they could've done to maintain collectibility of their previous run while entertaining new customers, of which there have been many. The original is still a masterpiece in its own right and is, apparently, its own unique design that will not be brought back again.

Last edited:
I think I'd like to order one of the Sharks. Just wondering, is the 25" Ultimate Bruce more accurate than the 36" one?

Back