SDCC's 5 12 inchers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all, why would Salacious Crumb be too small to release on his own? We are talking about 1/6 figures here. Figures that adhere to the 1/6 scale. Whoever said anything about 12"? That is just a made up term because most 1/6 human figures are close to 12" tall. AFAIK, Sideshow figures have always been in accordance to the 1/6 scale. So was Hasbro's line.

If anything Salacious Crumb may or may not sell well by himself, based on popularity. But it should have nothing to do with size. Are you saying Yoda can't be sold alone? Size also has nothing to do with the costs involved in making a figure. Infact, small alien figures require their own customized articulated bodies, so they are most likely more expensive to make than their regular human couterparts.

student_toe5 said:
it could be Bib and expansion pack is Salacious. :chew

I don't think BIB justifies an Inclusive edition. He's no Maul or Fett. Plus, a Salacious Crumb would be quite a large piece for an exclusive.

Makes more sense with Jabba given the size and price of that piece. But I'm still having trouble imagining a 1/6th scale Jabba by Sideshow...and I have the Illusive Concept piece. Its huge.

Wor-Gar said:
If it is JABBA, and his price is relative to his size (meaning HT price of $129) then a large EXCLUSIVE like Salacious would make sense.

I'm sure he will cost much more than that if he is properly articulated.

Sith Lord 0498 you brain is indeed a wonder to behold. I am sure you are right! But why coudn't it be Bib? I think he is actually quite popular... When I was 9 Bib Fortuna was my favorite Kenner figure!

JustinLuck said:

Quite possibly so. I was just assuming that SS might want to get into the price-point that HT is at seeing how well Aliens, Marines and Predators are selling.

JustinLuck said:

How much articulation could he have? He's a giant slug. No saber or blaster poses there!!! :)

And I agree with the argument using Yoda as an example. He certainly won't be 12 inches tall, but he's a sure bet for the line at some point. And he won't be sold as an accessory...that's for sure!!

I'm still placing my bets on a 1/6th Jabba the Hutt with Salacious Crumb as the exclusive/inclusive accessory and the expansion pack being his dais, railing, and bong bowl. Pricepoints: $140 for Jabba Exclusive/Inclusive and $40 for the expansion pack.

pixletwin said:
Sith Lord 0498 you brain is indeed a wonder to behold. I am sure you are right! But why coudn't it be Bib? I think he is actually quite popular... When I was 9 Bib Fortuna was my favorite Kenner figure!

Well...thank you...I think... :monkey3

I'm sure Bib will be made at some point in the future. But I don't think it will be now and Salacious makes more sense with Jabba rather than Bib.

i got it!!! Slave Leia with Excl. Monkey.

...if not, man, i really hope that Snow Bunny Padme will be at the con. :monkey2

Crumb is TINY, skinney, and naked. Yoda is larger, thicker, and clothed. Yoda needs artciulation and accessories. Crumb was nothing more than an accessory in the movie. If a Bib, Jabba, and Leia, or C-3PO all come with a non-articulated or semi-articulated (ie like a NECA or McFarlane "figure") then we'd have Crumb in just about every pose he would need to be in.

I just really don't see Crumb selling on his own. Yoda, deffinataly because he is much more popular and known. Hmmmmm...

Sith Lord 0498 said:
How much articulation could he have? He's a giant slug. No saber or blaster poses there!!! :)

And I agree with the argument using Yoda as an example. He certainly won't be 12 inches tall, but he's a sure bet for the line at some point. And he won't be sold as an accessory...that's for sure!!

I'm still placing my bets on a 1/6th Jabba the Hutt with Salacious Crumb as the exclusive/inclusive accessory and the expansion pack being his dais, railing, and bong bowl. Pricepoints: $140 for Jabba Exclusive/Inclusive and $40 for the expansion pack.

fully articulated arms, writs, neck, jaw, couple tail joints. They could use a rubber skin like on the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Buttmunch said:
I just really don't see Crumb selling on his own. Yoda, deffinataly because he is much more popular and known. Hmmmmm...
Good point. I also think if I worked at Sideshow and was going to give away an awesome clue about SDCC figures (JABBA!!!!!) my give-away clue would be the exclusive/inclusive... Jabba is definately a popular enough character for the inclusive line and a great way to kick off Scum and Villainy since he is the epitome of that line!

Any new molds add greatly to the cost, and articulation adds some more. The standard Sideshow body has paid itself off long ago, as it has been used so many times. Salacious is most likely an accessory, since the character can't be all that popular to justify the cost of adding in articulation. Maybe he'll be included with me. ;)

Sith Lord, I love the idea of a Jabba figure with the dias/bong and Crumb being the inclusive accessory pack!

I don't think Jabba would require all that much articulation, though, so he could be a mostly sculpted piece. Maybe articulated arms, and the world's largest ball jointed neck!

I agree that we're looking at a Jabba figure with optional Salacious/Hookah Pipe expansion pack. Much cooler stuff than I ever would have imagined as possible this early in the line!

EVILFACE said:
fully articulated arms, writs, neck, jaw, couple tail joints. They could use a rubber skin like on the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Exactly. You guys need think a little more ambitiously. Where's the innovation!?:D Because of his size, articulated eye joints with eyelids would be very cool!

Wor-Gar said:
You're either very impressed....or we all look like fools.

Nah...nothing can make us look like fools more than Priority Pre-Order days... :lol :lol

Although, Dusty...care to give us another word jumble?? :D

Dusty, its best not to tease and make collectors mad. Remember you aren't safe this time. Some of us will be there at Comic Con. :lol

I have no idead who, or what, or anything what is being made now. What happened to just Greedo and Palpatine? :confused:

Back