SDCC 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been trying to buy tickets for the past 4 years and finally was able to get tickets. I'm so freaking excited! This time I used two computers and used my wife's account and BAM there it was. I grabbed Thursday and Friday.

**** I totally forgot tix went on sale today

Maybe next time

Now that I'm not going

CoTD looks awfully tempting

I'm eye balling Malavestros and the new Queen of the Dead

Anyone know of a good hotel that is not in the 200-300$ per night range?

Well, you can check the early-bird rooms. Most of those are ok to good, those rooms are $170-215 a night. Outside of that you might have to sleep in your car. Or stay at least 45-60 minutes away from the con.

Well, you can check the early-bird rooms. Most of those are ok to good, those rooms are $170-215 a night. Outside of that you might have to sleep in your car. Or stay at least 45-60 minutes away from the con.
I am going to check the Early bird out. Thanks Firefly

I been trying to buy tickets for the past 4 years and finally was able to get tickets. I'm so freaking excited! This time I used two computers and used my wife's account and BAM there it was. I grabbed Thursday and Friday.

LOL same here, exactly! Congrats!

I'm going. Got every day including preview night.

This will be my first time and probably last. The biggest con I've ever attended was Celebration V, which pales to how massive SDCC is. Is there a guide for new comers online or somewhere. How about you guys that have been going consecutively for years, any advice or thing to plan or watch out for? I want to have some kind of plan or itinerary instead of just going there blind. I'm sure by Sunday I'll be exhausted.

This will be my first time and probably last. The biggest con I've ever attended was Celebration V, which pales to how massive SDCC is. Is there a guide for new comers online or somewhere. How about you guys that have been going consecutively for years, any advice or thing to plan or watch out for? I want to have some kind of plan or itinerary instead of just going there blind. I'm sure by Sunday I'll be exhausted.

What's bringing you down there this year of all years?

Congrats on getting all the days! I check the SDCC Unofficial Blog almost every day as the convention gets closer. They post updates including announcements of who will be there, what events are going on that week, company exclusives, etc.

I organize around the SDCC app. I think it's pretty good.

If you plan to do Hall H, you will need to camp out overnight to get into the Panel you want to attend. It's pretty rough. I swore off Hall H back during Iron Man 2!

Organize your days as early as you can and prioritize your events, panels and shopping. There will be panels you may not make it into. Be ready to jump into something else. Budget your spending and set aside some cash for unknowns. You're likely to see some exclusive you hadn't planned on buying but can't walk away from.

Take a backpack to carry snacks, fruit/breakfast & water/soda...cookies are $2.50 each and nachos are like $8.00 and sodas are $5.00. Depending on your lodging, try and prepare a meal or two if you can. Wear comfortable shoes. Lots of waiting in line and waiting in line to get into other lines.

Oh, be kind to the vendors, volunteers and security...they can sometimes be a big help when you need it.

Last edited:
Good ol' San Diego Comic-Con :) I haven't attended since 2015, but prior to that I'd attended eight years in a row.

My one piece of advice to any of you would be to always be on the lookout for ORIGINAL ARTWORK, and I don't necessarily mean unknown original artwork. You'd be surprised what you can find in Artist's Alley (which has gotten smaller year after year due to booth fees). A lot of working comic book artists, many of whom may work on some of your favorite indy runs, will sometimes sell original 11 x 17 panels. Philip Moy, who worked on IDW's Samuri Jack, Danger Girl and G.I. Joe runs, had a booth one year and I scored an original panel he'd worked on with John Royle (for a measly $150). Then I walked right over to the IDW booth and purchased the Danger Girl/G.I. Joe cross-over special edition hard cover from which I just purchased an ORIGINAL PANEL (featuring Baroness, Destro, Hooded Cobra Commander, Major Blood AND Danger Girl all on the same page). When I showed the cashier a side-by-side after the purchase, the dude didn't know quite what to say. Another year I had Jae Lee do a $200 commission. Yes, JAE LEE. Another year, Bruce Timm... and so on.

Suffice to say, you can score some priceless material for less than what it would cost to buy a 1/6 scale Hot Toy from an overpriced vendor. So make sure to set aside some cash for those one-of-a-kind treasures!

Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Back