SDCC / NYCC visit from UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Testarossa67

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi , to all , as you will see i have not been a member for long and still early days of my return to the fold ( first purchase was an original 9 back Chewbacca for 99pence , wish it was still carded now !!! )

I just wanted to get a feel for the comic-con scene in the US as i am "over the pond" as we say .
I plan to visit one of the comic-con shows in the future , probably a big birthday i have coming up ( not 2015 thank god ) , and i wanted to ask , the best one to go for .....

Obviously i might open up a whole can of worms here but here goes.... as i am not really interested in the halls/talks on the stages , i just want to see the exhibititors/dealers , do i go for SDCC or NYCC ?? .
Also how many days do you think i need to cover this 1 , 2 , or more ?? , do the tickets cover entry and then queue up for the halls ??
Having just gone off the net coveridge SDCC has grown massively over the last few years ( movie releases etc.. ) but as i say i not really into that , IS it that much better for dealers than NYCC ??

Its going to be a big and expensive trip so i'd rather get it right first time , this oviously depends on getting tickets which i believe is a bit of a nightmare , so any and all advice would be greatfully recieved

Thanks in advance for all your advice

Back