SDCC 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneralZodLives

Super Freak
Reaction score
SDCC announced that Returning Registration is this Saturday, March 11th, at 9am PST. :rock :rock

Returning Registration for Comic-Con 2017 will open shortly after 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on March 11, 2017. The Expo Logic Waiting room will open for registration code authorization at 8:00 AM PST.

Here's a link with further information: SDCC 2017 Returning Registration

When the time comes that I'm able to go to sdcc, I need someone to walk me through how this whole process works. I've never been but have no clue where to start. Lol

But super excited to see all the new stuff this year.

When the time comes that I'm able to go to sdcc, I need someone to walk me through how this whole process works. I've never been but have no clue where to start. Lol

But super excited to see all the new stuff this year.

Make sure you and anyone that might go with you has a member ID. Each person has to go to the SDCC site and register. The ticket process is simple, but the lottery system is frustrating. At the time of Open Registration, you'll get an email with a registration code. You go to the ticket site, put in your code, and you're put in a waiting room. They start selling tickets and a page will open for you if/when your name is chosen. You can get tickets for you and 2 other people. The worst part is sitting and watching the announcements pop up on your screen about days being sold out--or even worse, seeing ALL DAYS SOLD OUT pop up. The first time I got through (after several years of trying without success) I only got Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Last year I got all 5 days. Hoping that happens again this year.

I believe I've tried the past three years on non-returning status, and failed each time. But I'll try again when the time comes for that.

There's something I need to seek out at SDCC.

Still, as much fun as I have at many other cons, it stings to be shut out year after year. Particularly after attending for ten years straight.

I was shut out for years then finally got to go the past two years. It's incredibly frustrating to sit at the computer and watch them announce each day getting sold out until nothing is left.

Got in pretty quick this year, only 20 minutes after the start time. Actually had the chance for preview night, but passed as $45 is a rip off for something that used to be free and only lasts 3 hours.

I only got Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Wish I could have gotten all five days again, but three is better than nothing. For the third year in a row, my wife got picked. She's gotten picked all three years she's been registered. In all the years I've tried to get tickets, my name has only been picked once--and that was after I'd already gotten tickets through my wife. Someone at SDCC doesn't like me.

Open Registration is this Saturday. :rock I have to try to get Wednesday and Saturday tickets since I missed out on them last time.

I had registered for ID's for the wife and I and now have codes for the waiting room. I'd love to go to SDCC but the whole trip would be so expensive I don't think we'll be able to swing it this year. The lottery system makes me want to try for tickets though lol.

It's an expensive trip for sure. SDCC ends up being my one big vacation for the year, but with the cost of tickets, airfare, hotel, food, and money for goodies it ends up being more expensive than two trips somewhere else. :lol

Didn't get Saturday either. That's a bummer. Hard to complain since I got tickets for Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, but cramming everything into 3 days sucks.

So happy that I was finally able to get tickets for my wife and my son. Still can't believe I got selected in the first 10 minutes. Got Thu, Fri, and Sat for both my son and I, and Sat for my wife.:panic:

So happy that I was finally able to get tickets for my wife and my son. Still can't believe I got selected in the first 10 minutes. Got Thu, Fri, and Sat for both my son and I, and Sat for my wife.:panic:

Congrats on getting through!

All sold out. I didn't get one damn ticket!:mad::gah:

It's such a frustrating process. It took me years of trying before I ever got tickets. Even then, I've only been able to get tickets because my wife has been picked. I've never gotten through under my name.

Congrats on getting through!

It's such a frustrating process. It took me years of trying before I ever got tickets. Even then, I've only been able to get tickets because my wife has been picked. I've never gotten through under my name.
It's rare when I've gotten in under my name too. Most of the time it's under a friend's name. Very frustrating.

Back