SDCC 2015 PHOTOS ONLY - Action Figures, Statues, etc. No Opinions/discussion please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno where you're looking, I've seen hundreds.
You need to follow THX217 :wink1:

Only things that interested me are Red Sonja and the 'Zilla Statue.

I was disappointed, was hoping for more new stuff from Threezero and HT.

Only things that stood out to me was the Loki PF, 1/6 Punisher, and Prime 1 Joker statue.

Threezero doesn't debut new product at SDCC and HT showed a significant amount of upcoming product, not sure how much more anyone would expect. Sideshow also had a wide assortment of new stuff on display. This year's SDCC had an incredible amount of product over-all for all collectors, of almost every format.

The first problem with debuting product at any show is that as a company, you're trying to align your schedule with a third party. In showing an excessive amount of product it also means you invariably show products that have wildly different retail dates, so you'll end up having fans first adore you and then turn on you when you're not shipping according to their mental schedule. Some fans are already focusing on the negative and the show just ended this past weekend.

In this hobby, I think both Sideshow and Hot Toys are big and popular enough that they don't need SDCC - while on a completely different scale, these are also reasons Apple stopped doing third-party shows.

Is it me or is SDCC kinda lame this year? We're barely seeing any pics....
The only thing that wowed me in this thread is the TIE Fighter, going to have to fight hard not to get it...

Don't worry, I don't think I'll bother starting a similar thread in the future.

I get what you mean about the mental schedule. But being in this hobby people should realize any sort of time frame is rarely reliable. I'm wondering how long until PO info for the Prime 1 Joker is out... I doubt I could afford something of that size, but I'd still like to know.

I thought the thread was a good idea to post highlights at least.

Don't worry, I don't think I'll bother starting a similar thread in the future.

Don't need to go that route, however, I do kind of see what he means. There really wasn't anything "Wow" about SDCC. Which is kind of where it has been heading year after year. At least that's the case for me. I haven't headed down to SDCC in a few years and haven't felt I've missed anything. Perhaps it's because everything is just the same rehashed stuff. Move along, just an old man ranting.

As far as "nothing wow" - that's called being jaded due to constant exposure to information on the internet. I've worked my trade shows than I can remember, MacWorld, CES, Digital Design something or others large and small, and even a large Grocery Innovations show. Once you've done a couple, everything else is the same. Even at CES there's really nothing that really makes me go "wow" when I read about it online, and the last one I worked was in 2005. But this has to be taken in perspective, as I'm primarily in IT, I am constantly exposed to every bit of news throughout the year - there's really nothing over the course of one week in January that's going knock me over. That said, I can appreciate that there are plenty of cool and noteworthy things on display at any trade show - I just might have already known about them 6 months prior.

Not too many things in general make me go "wow" anymore, but this year's SDCC had a lot of cool stuff on display - more than you can shake a stick at.

I can understand the sentiment. True, as a SDCC veteran, you can be more blase about announcements and reveals. Nothing really surprises you anymore. But I think last year there were a couple of great surprises.

Last year's Alien/Aliens Ripleys plus power loader were a real awesome surprise. For me anyway. Those really blew me away and caught me completely off guard.

And wasn't X-Wing Luke, Threepio and the Biker Scout and bike both also fully revealed at CC? Those were significant figures that we got to see for the first time there.

I think this year they revealed a little too much before SDCC and there were therefore very little surprises. The Jawas were already shown. I suppose the AT AT driver was a more genuine reveal.

However, the TIE fighter and MF cockpits were definitely the big surprise highlights for me.

Anyway, thanks for the thread, Pixel. It's very useful to have a place where one can see everything in a single place.

Pixel, don't take offense or it personally but someone will put up a thread like this next year. Someone always does. And both you and Mad brought up great points. Sometimes too much information when it pertains to stupid stuff like this isn't always good. There is always "cool stuff" to be seen.

I honestly thought we'd see some figures from TFA, but that didn't end up happening. Also the fact that Drax didn't appear and we didn't see Ripley again was rather disappointing.

Sideshow themselves had some pretty nice figures and statues on display, so I think they revealed some nice stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

September 4th, "Force Friday" is the big TFA toys/entertainment product embargo date - though I see Hasbro just couldn't commit to it completely.

Last edited:
This thread is a good thread. Too bad too much discussion when photos were more necessary, Pixel tried to fix this but we didn't listen ;) As for the quality of SDCC that is not our fault nor our merit. I learned a few cool things from this thread in the end and that is good.

Back