SDCC 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no way am i sleeping anywhere other than my hotel room...but i will be up at the buttcrack of dawn to make sure i get into the game of thrones and walking dead panels(please be on separate days)

no way am i sleeping anywhere other than my hotel room...but i will be up at the buttcrack of dawn to make sure i get into the game of thrones and walking dead panels(please be on separate days)

With twd, if you're not there by 5 am, I doubt you'll get a decent seat or a seat?

Someone help these poor souls with the sdcc EXs.

i was able to get into TWD last year but there were thousands of people behind me that got shut out. i think they had TWD, big bang theory and true blood all in that room...

Glad to see "Twilight" stuff is on late Thursday morning so that it can be over and done with and we won't have to deal with one line for two-three conflicting VERY popular shows/movies back-to-back on the same day. :clap

Glad to see "Twilight" stuff is on late Thursday morning so that it can be over and done with and we won't have to deal with one line for two-three conflicting VERY popular shows/movies back-to-back on the same day. :clap

:exactly::goodpost:

I will never forget me and Swabie trying to walk to the Hilton right when Twilight panel let out. I had never seen so many Twitards in one place.

I might stay down in SD after work to hang out Friday night.

Sideshow Get Together at SDCC!

Sideshow Collectibles will be holding a small gathering on Friday, July 13th, 2012 and they'd like to extend the invitation to many of the Sideshow Freaks that will be in attendance at San Diego Comic-Con.

Unlike past years there won't be giveaways or an open bar, but if you want to mingle with the Freaks and meet a few of the Sideshow Collectibles personnel, this would be the place to do it.

Due to space limitations there will be only enough room to accommodate a limited amount of freaks members and their guests. If you would like to attend please email [email protected] with your First/Last name, Freaks board name, email address and your Guests First/Last name by Thursday, July 5th at 5PM (Pacific Time). Beginning on Friday, July 6th confirmation emails will be sent out regarding the party with further information.*

*Please note: Should the amount of freaks and their guests exceed the
amount of spaces available for this party a lottery will be held to randomly pick the names (and their guests) for the guest list.

Got get your place for the Twilight panel first thing Thursday, Bob?

One time, when somebody asked me what the long assed line I was waiting in was for, because the most asked question by a million miles is "what line is this for?"

I said it was for the twilight fan fic panel.

I get that question a lot followed by, "is it free?" People go ape**** over free t-shirts and posters but don't want to pay $20 for an exclusive that they can sell for 4x that. :dunno

I get that question a lot followed by, "is it free?" People go ape**** over free t-shirts and posters but don't want to pay $20 for an exclusive that they can sell for 4x that. :dunno

Yea it is pretty ridiculous! Free stuff is nice but most times free stuff just gets tossed or sits in a box anyway.

I usually know what I want to buy a head of time for the most part and I assume nothing is free when talking to people.

Speaking of exclusives.

I am looking for some help for getting the Luke Chueh Root Down print. It will be available at booth #4939 Thursday, July 12th, at 3:30 PM.

I am not sure I will be able to swing over there by that time. I would appreciate any assistance if anyone might be on the floor at that time and wouldn't mind swinging by. I will pay you extra or do something special for you or whatever it takes!

Yea it is pretty ridiculous! Free stuff is nice but most times free stuff just gets tossed or sits in a box anyway.

I usually know what I want to buy a head of time for the most part and I assume nothing is free when talking to people.

Yeah, there are always so many people walking around with those godzilla sized bags stuff with 200 posters, cards, stickers, buttons and any other free crap they can find. You even see people collecting the free godzilla bags! I need speed, efficiency and a mapped out strategy to get as much stuff accomplished as possible.

Darklord Dave - I would love to go to the Freak's party. But I am not sure if I will be in town. If I sign up, get a spot, and can't go...what is the penalty for cancelling?

Yeah, there are always so many people walking around with those godzilla sized bags stuff with 200 posters, cards, stickers, buttons and any other free crap they can find. You even see people collecting the free godzilla bags! I need speed, efficiency and a mapped out strategy to get as much stuff accomplished as possible.

A lot of that stuff ends up on eBay, its why some people attend (flipping). I think there's already "pre orders" from the dealers on that junk/stuff.

I get that question a lot followed by, "is it free?" People go ape**** over free t-shirts and posters...

This is one of the reasons we won't go as a family anymore. Last time we went as a family, one of the booths was throwing out Expendables t-shirts and a group of idiots damn-near knocked my wife and stroller over as they were pushing through the crowd and then said, "Why do people bring _____*ing kids here?" People seriously act like psychopaths to get free crap there and it has gotten worse every year. Ahhh, the good ole' days when Comic-Con was far more family friendly. :(

Darklord Dave - I would love to go to the Freak's party. But I am not sure if I will be in town. If I sign up, get a spot, and can't go...what is the penalty for cancelling?

You will know that your cruelty has deprived another Freak of a spot at the gathering.

But seriously - better to be on the list than not on the list.

Back