Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I just got back from Oregon yesterday. I have a show to go to tonight, the HT apes also arrive later today. I can't wait to see these guys.

Jessica, would water hold the hair down, or hairspray? I'm going to see what I can do to make my ape's mane not so puffy. Maybe the water treatment followed by a rubber band for a couple of days. And why hasn't anyone properly displayed the great general wearing his helmet correctly, it always appears to be riding too high showing too much hair above the brow? Does it not sit correctly? I guess I only have a few more hours to wait and see.

The names of Norem and Barr make me think of comics. Did you read the Cracked's parody of POTA ? MAD's parody was rather funny. They were laughing at sequels. I must say I agree with them. Some sequels are watchable but the last one is pathetic.

I'll have to try and get some shots of Ursus. I haven't had a problem with his helmet riding upi forgot to snap a few of him yesterday while shooting the POTA/Gort scene before the camera batteries crapped out.

Well I just got back from Oregon yesterday. I have a show to go to tonight, the HT apes also arrive later today. I can't wait to see these guys.

Jessica, would water hold the hair down, or hairspray? I'm going to see what I can do to make my ape's mane not so puffy. Maybe the water treatment followed by a rubber band for a couple of days. And why hasn't anyone properly displayed the great general wearing his helmet correctly, it always appears to be riding too high showing too much hair above the brow? Does it not sit correctly? I guess I only have a few more hours to wait and see.

Sticks, if you have the General, I would comb down the hair of the gorillas with a very fine comb--even use a stiff toothbrush...that should do the trick...and then put the General's helmet on top of the hair for a few days. When you pop it back off, it should hold up well...unless you run your fingers through the hair, the hair doesn't move.

Wook posted beautiful photos a few pages ago...the helmet was sitting properly.

The tracking info says that my Apes are "OUT FOR DELIVERY"!!! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

WHERE'S THAT TRUCK!!! :banghead:banghead:banghead

MY MONKEYS ARE HERE!!! :banana:banana:banana

Ditto again! I got my Ursus, Gorilla Captain, and two soldiers!:banana:banana:banana

They took their time about it and it was delivered at 6:46PM. Talk about being at the end of the route. But I got them and now it is time to celebrate. Congo line baby!:mexwave

Jess/IM: I really liked that GORILLA GRODD at OSW. I'm going to do that!

I had to find that particular thread--it is a very unique and fantastic idea!!! I need to keep an eye out for such things from now on...and also be able to be open-minded about what parts can go where...because he was using parts from everywhere.

Congrats to Phil, PZ and Kfog!! FINALLY!!! At least you guys saved some serious dough so you can add more to your collections.

Man, this Ursus makes me itchy for the next release. EXCEPT!

I LOVE the bit of real hair sticking out from under the helmet on Ursus, but I'm worried at what the hair on a Cornelius or Caesar or Zaius might look like.

Never forget!

2500846366_0aa130e21f.jpg

Back