Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The level of detail on the gorilla vests are just ASTOUNDING!!! (AND they are LINED!!!) These figures are quite stunning and yes, even though I spent a pretty penny on mine, they are worth it. I could never kitbash or customize something that could look this spectacular.

I just can't wait for the chimps to start rolling out!!! I know that Hot Toys would do a great job with the chimps.

Jess/IM: I really liked that GORILLA GRODD at OSW. I'm going to do that!

Apemania seems to have struck over there!! The Grodds (there's two Grodd heads available that may work) and the sniper gear are something I wish I could have.
Angel, I think that Liberty is going too ROCK once done and look great amongst the apes!! Its pouring here so I hope you're having better weather.

Angel it's so exciting to see you start that huge project!!

There was lots of thunder and lightning here, but no rain.

That was the only reason why I did not participate at OSW...no apes. Good to see the apes taking over the world.

I honestly don't know what the gorilla ranks are with these symbols. Do your guesses match those of Stickman?

It hasn’t rained here… yet. It’s very cool outside. The sky is a little gray and very overcast. It’s just perfect weather for being outdoors to me. I just came back from Wal-Mart. I had to pick up another full gallon of Bondo for Lady Liberty. I’m going right back outside in a few moments to use that on her as well. I showed no mercy on her today as I purposely broke her fingers off to wrap them around the torch.

Well, I'll check in later ape fans. I’m caught up in the moment and feeling creative.

It's cold here today...have to take the Dylan to the dentist in an hour and a half...

Decided last night that there aren't enough females in Ape City so I decided to make another one. I'll take her to the dentist and finish up her hair. I'm trying out the glass beads for eyes method to keep the sculpt in scale.

dsc01684q.jpg

dsc01685a.jpg

dsc01695u.jpg

dsc01696r.jpg

Last edited:
I know what you mean about not enough females in ape city. That's why I created Elta (a gorilla female) and my 2 recent female chimps. With those three female apes, Zira, and the female chimp that I bought from you, I feel as though Ape City is now covered here. What's a city without chicks, I mean apes... errrr, female apes.

Angel, No I don't think Sticks said the same thing regarding the ranks that I did.

Jess, That female looks great! Has anyone tried an orangutan female?

Stick around the OSW. There's always at least a little ape talk. Hell, I'm there!! :monkey5

Great apes think alike. I was just about to post these links and you beat me to the punch. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I would have responded sooner but I've been playing with my Hot Toys Apes. These are without a doubt my very favorite figures that I own. Bar none.

To this day I still get a bit pissed off thinking about the TV creators defiling these historic costumes with those stupid silver strips. :banghead:banghead:banghead

But that didn't stop me from buying the Hot Toys Captain. :naughty

It's an interesting tutorial, and it’s a good idea but I was wondering what they where going to do to cover the neck... they didn't do much did they? I don’t see a need to have the apes looking up and it doesn’t seem worth the trouble on any of my figures.

Regarding The Lady Liberty Project, I was outside almost all day today with her. It was a beautiful day here. I went through 2 gallons of Bondo already on this project, and I already need a third gallon. Yikes! With some more nice weekends, I really think I’m going to rock The Statue of Liberty in record time.

It's an interesting tutorial, and it’s a good idea but I was wondering what they where going to do to cover the neck... they didn't do much did they? I don’t see a need to have the apes looking up and it doesn’t seem worth the trouble on any of my figures.

Its a technique used mostly on military figures for them to be able to achieve "sniping" positions and properly look thru the scope.
Remember they have to look up to see the Lawgiver bleed or to stare at your Lady Liberty.
I've been staring on and off thru the day at an Attar on my desk and wondering what it would take tocut him down to size and open his mouth.

That really makes sense for the folks who collect human snipers! I was looking at it from where I sit. I understand now.

Open that gorilla up if you're feeling inspired, or save for a day when you are. That's what works best for me. If I'm not inspired, my heart just isn't into the task at hand and it's just agony.

I wish you luck with that. I'm glad to see you experimenting.

Right now I think I'm more intriqued as to whether it would work more than inspired enough to try it.
For Attar to work, he'd need his head/neck area significantly cut down, his mouth opened and head hot glued from the inside. It may actually be the head to work on that neck modification with, if I can find a way to adequately cover the joint.

Back