Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the best, but only image I could find. Good luck.

pota flag.jpg

Let me know if that picture doesn't work for you, I can scan the flag from the HT Captain if you still need it.

Mezco's Dr. Z looks awesome. I have to wait a bit before I can order, but I'm hoping to get 2, and display both heads. This figure should fit in nicely with the Medicom, and Neca versions. I surely hope we see more characters.

Stay healthy everyone!

Let me know if that picture doesn't work for you, I can scan the flag from the HT Captain if you still need it.

Mezco's Dr. Z looks awesome. I have to wait a bit before I can order, but I'm hoping to get 2, and display both heads. This figure should fit in nicely with the Medicom, and Neca versions. I surely hope we see more characters.

Stay healthy everyone!

I would appreciate a flat scan. That would be awesome. Then we can make our own flags (if and when we get further characters). Thanks for suggesting that.

Glad to help.

Ended up only ordering one Dr. Z from Mezco. Too much going on in the world at the moment. Hoping everyone stays healthy.

My son ordered Dr. Zaius directly from Mezco for my birthday yesterday. And he purchased one for himself too.

I do plan on buying a second one before the figure starts to ship... probably from Alter Ego were I have some reward points stockpiled.

Last edited:
Happy belated birthday Proto!

I'll try to pick up another at some point. Really looking forward to this one. Hopefully we'll see more characters.

Got my Mezco One:12 Dr. Zauis figure in. He looks great and goes well with all the other little apes in the Medicom and Neca lines.

IMG_1989.jpg
IMG_1990.jpg
IMG_2026.jpg
IMG_2043.jpg
IMG_2050.jpg
IMG_2069.jpg

Love the pics Sticks! Especially the Zaius group shot:

View attachment 502990

LOVE the figure! So much so that I had to order another figure through Big Bad Toy Store so I can display him using both heads!

Michael Crawford also posted a glowing review of the figure:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-011121a.htm

I sure hope we get another figure announced at ToyFair! If Toy Fair is still happening....

This was the first thread I saw when I joined Freaks in 2006. I think it must be among the oldest threads. And Protozaius is one of the founding members here. I have fond memories of 1/6th really taking off. I remember being excited with 1/6th Zaius... I remember replacing the Sideshow Ursus helmet with a Hasbro one I believe. Ah... the good ol' days....

Now I see this thread aloft again... I see the new 1/12 Zaius figure... and I see the future closing in.

1/6 is dying...

1/12 is the future.

Be careful what you seek.

I never thought that 1/12 had much of a chance to really take off any more than any other niche area of
The hobby. I find that scale weird personally and better suited to plastic figures due to the nature of the thickness of the fabrics but I?m all for POTA getting any love it can that?s for sure.

They stand with ninja turtles, rocky, gremlins and sin city as pretty much the only small NeCA figures I have left in my 7 inch collection. Probably because all of those lines have major absences in 1/6.

Apes remains one of the biggest holes in my collection. I?d be satisfied with just Zaius from the originals and just Caesar from the new ones. Too bad Hot Ltys wasted the license mucking around with gorilla soldiers.

I?m tempted to put those Star ace vinyl statues in my collection but I still can?t figure out if it?s 1/6 scale. I don?t want the horse and all that. Is even take a sculpted rendition of caesar in 1/6 if no one can figure out the fur. Zaius or other classic Apes could easily be done. I really hope someone picks up the license. Evens. Third party can pull this off.

I never thought that 1/12 had much of a chance to really take off any more than any other niche area of
The hobby. I find that scale weird personally and better suited to plastic figures due to the nature of the thickness of the fabrics but I?m all for POTA getting any love it can that?s for sure.

They stand with ninja turtles, rocky, gremlins and sin city as pretty much the only small NeCA figures I have left in my 7 inch collection. Probably because all of those lines have major absences in 1/6.

Apes remains one of the biggest holes in my collection. I?d be satisfied with just Zaius from the originals and just Caesar from the new ones. Too bad Hot Ltys wasted the license mucking around with gorilla soldiers.

I?m tempted to put those Star ace vinyl statues in my collection but I still can?t figure out if it?s 1/6 scale. I don?t want the horse and all that. Is even take a sculpted rendition of caesar in 1/6 if no one can figure out the fur. Zaius or other classic Apes could easily be done. I really hope someone picks up the license. Evens. Third party can pull this off.

1/12 figures like Mezco are huge now. Without them, I don't see the huge custom 1/12 environment that we have now. Practically every 1/6 custom/3rd party figure is created also in 1/12 and more. It's a little cheaper but also just much easier to display. Plus most people will still generally mix in clothed and all molded plastic 1/12 figures in their collection.

I sure hope 1:6 figures aren't dying... it's the primary scale that I collect. All of my current pre-orders are 1:6 scale figures (with the exception of that second Mezco Zaius). I'll make an occasional exception if the figure looks too fun to pass up. So I've picked up a few SW Black Series over the years just to have something to fiddle with.

But Planet of the Apes is different. My love for the series goes deeper than any scale. I will purchase whatever is produced. Period. And I have. The Mego Apes. The Hasbro Apes (12'" and 6"). The Medicoms (6" vinyl figurines and Kubricks), The Sideshow Apes. The Hot Toys Gorillas. The NECA Apes. The Super 7s Retros.

Having purchased from ALL these lines, I firmly believe this Mezco Zaius is the best Zaius figure ever produced... in any scale. The last 12" Zaius produced was by Sideshow over 16 years ago and that figure hasn't aged very well in the intervening years. But I don't have any illusions that there will be a company that will step forward and update him in that scale. So I will sit and wait for any follow-ups that Mezco might offer.

Oh man. I'm glad I added this guy to my Pile of Loot now. Mezco does so many 'one-and-done' figures, I wasn't really sure what to think. Seeing Protozaius' reaction to this figure makes me feel much better about my decision, though. Even if this is the only POTA figure that Mezco makes, it looks like it'll be a stand-out one! Thank you!

Mezco had some nice reveals today of their Classic 1972 POTA line. Looks like Conquest is next to take a swing at keeping this line going. At some point I would love a General Ursus, Gorilla soldier, Cornelius, and Zira, and of course a Taylor/Nova 2 pk. Some Mutants would be special. Looking great!

152082922_3961165483928815_643501444900273203_o.jpg
151792796_3961165357262161_7436235668477116950_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back