Saturn Toys 1/6 '66 Batman and Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to try tucking a cotton ball or two in his shorts at the back to take up the space. No one will ever see this under the cape.
Yes but we'll know the truth
7txcl1.gif

Is really ...
7txccb.gif

Last edited:
Wanted to share the next stage of the display stand fix that @EVILFACE and I came up with. Now these bad boys look much more official. I would highly recommend if you want to get rid of the “Dynamic Duo” logo on the base.

IMG_0146.jpeg

IMG_0147.jpeg

Not only did these work out amazingly and now pretty much match up with Mars’ Joker, but I also got my Robin replacement parts in from OSK, so now he’s looking so much better. Much happier the more I work on this set. Now just waiting on the new body to arrive (hopefully by this weekend) to try on Batman.

Last edited:
Very nice.

Never noticed Saturn's saggy boobs until you swapped your body.

I still feel like West was wider in the chest down to the waist. Not barrel-chested, but really broad.

Very nice.

I still feel like West was wider in the chest down to the waist. Not barrel-chested, but really broad.
There are so many more figure bodies that look better than what HT (then Saturn) used. West is hard to get just right.
He’s got that odd rib cage that peaks over his utility belt. I’ve done a several body modifications, but this is the one I’m most satisfied with.
-Enterbay MIB chest rig with overlay. Neck peg modified to fit.
-HT Mondo Boba Fett thighs and waist and arms. Inner waist ring modified to fit Enterbay chest rig.
-Generic (HT like) shins and ankle pegs. Lower knee joint replaced to fit shins on to upper HT joint.
-Belt cut in back as it needs to be tightened.
-Trunks sewn in back for a better fit.
Robin is:
-HT Robin upper body with Bespin Luke padding (leg padding cut off).
-VTS/DAM Toys legs with short ankle pegs.
-Tony Mei suit and cape
IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_0365.jpeg

IMG_0366.jpeg

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0378.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg

Very nice.

Thanks! Haha sorry man - I don’t know why they gave him moobs like that. Once I saw it I couldn’t unsee 😂
West was a bit leaner and definitely had a thicker trunk like you say. I just wanted a more comic book style muscular/heroic take - kind of like how Alex Ross paints him:
IMG_6095.jpeg
That said, I still may pad the mid section a bit because I think he’s a little too tapered there.
It never ends!!

Last edited:
There are so many more figure bodies that look better than what HT (then Saturn) used. West is hard to get just right.
He’s got that odd rib cage that peaks over his utility belt. I’ve done a several body modifications, but this is the one I’m most satisfied with.
-HT Mondo Boba Fett thighs and waist and arms. Inner waist ring modified to fit Enterbay chest rig.
-Generic (HT like) shins and ankle pegs. Lower knee joint replaced to fit shins on to upper HT joint.
Robin is:
-Tony Mei suit and cape
IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_0365.jpeg

IMG_0366.jpeg

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0378.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg

That's a lot of work on the body but he looks great!

Robin is:
-Tony Mei suit and cape
IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_0365.jpeg

IMG_0366.jpeg

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0378.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg
Always amazes me when people do this. Great job.

Just finished working on mine tonight. Kinda cool how a few of us seemed to be on the same wavelength of working on this figure this week/weekend. I’ll try to take some better pics with natural lighting tomorrow rather than my overhead room light from tonight. I like the way the physique turned out. More accurate than before but maybe not as accurate as McHaley’s above. It’s got the fuller and wider chest and I’d say a fairly accurate looking midsection/rib cage without looking fat (at least to me 😅). I also like the slightly bigger biceps so not complete noodle arms. It’s been a fun project even if I’m still not sure if I want to keep it and continue with this line.

Recipe:
  • Body: Hot Toys Boba-Fatt body with Saturn padding. Had to sew in an elastic strap to hold it together at the crotch as the the new body has a longer torso, so the two halves wouldn’t reach to close shut. Added black wrist joints instead of the stock fleshtone.
  • Underoos: took them in from both sides. Originally only took in from one side at the main seam, but since I was taking it this far, figured I should do it right. Now they really sit how they should, no longer super loose.
  • Gray Suit: removed the bat-symbol and placed it higher on the chest. This was a lot more time consuming than I had originally expected. There was a bunch of glue residue left over on the suit and was incredibly tough to remove it but the suit held up that’s for sure. It was a combination of hand washing with Spray n Wash, liquid detergent, liquid dish soap, and after all that, using my miniature iron to loosen up the remaining glue residue and removing with a damp cloth. Rinsed the suit in warm warmer, threw it in the dryer for 20mins and it was nice and tight again.
  • Cape: replaced the silver hook and loop clasp with a black set.
  • Belt: made it tighter to really hug the waist like in the show. The belt closes behind the front left pouch (when looking at the figure), so I cut off about 1/8inch at that location and punched new holes for the plugs attached to pouch to latch into, then secured with double sided strong adhesive tape rather than glue.
IMG_0177.jpeg

IMG_0179.jpeg

IMG_0180.jpeg

Last edited:
Robin is:
-Tony Mei suit and cape
IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_0365.jpeg

IMG_0366.jpeg

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0378.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg
Man that is 👌 looks great!!

Another pic in more natural lighting. I know the quality of the shot is meh, but I think it shows that he’s not really fat in the stomach any more unlike my previous pics above seem to still imply. I do sort of wonder what difference it would make to remove the second layer of padding that Saturn stitched in the stomach area under the main padded suit, but don’t really feel like investigating just yet.

IMG_0190.jpeg

It doesn’t look like much until you remember what it looked like out of the box

Before mods:
IMG_0181.jpeg

I definitely suggest anyone who has the Saturn set to, at the very least, completely strip the figure down to the base body and padding and redress the figure yourself. Just that kind of futzing alone will help improve the overall look from out of the box.

Last edited:
Another pic in more natural lighting. I know the quality of the shot is meh, but I think it shows that he’s not really fat in the stomach any more unlike my previous pics above seem to still imply. I do sort of wonder what difference it would make to remove the second layer of padding that Saturn stitched in the stomach area under the main padded suit, but don’t really feel like investigating just yet.

View attachment 654440

It doesn’t look like much until you remember what it looked like out of the box

Before mods:
View attachment 654451

I definitely suggest anyone who has the Saturn set to, at the very least, completely strip the figure down to the base body and padding and redress the figure yourself. Just that kind of futzing alone will help improve the overall look from out of the box.
West is just a little longer in the shin area. If you have the right length of ankle peg to extend it a bit, your overall figure will look better.
IMG_9573.png

Back