Saturn Toys 1/6 '66 Batman and Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for all the insight and pictures.
Is the problem with the Saturn face plates just that they are taller (more nose and cheeks)? Is it simply a matter of slicing a millimeter or 2 off off the top? How much of the upper edge of the face plate is hidden under the cowl once it’s inserted? I guess I’m just wondering if the cowl will hide the rough edge of the faceplate if I do slice some off.

The photos in my previous post might help.

Looking at it, there's extra cheek height as well.

This screenshot from BigBreda's review shows the space at the top that's covered by the cowl, which would conceal the cut edge:

b1.jpg

Thanks for all the info and taking the initial plunge of working out the body/suit @Asta :rock :hi5:

Might have to buy a second headsculpt to see about shaving off the nose and maybe a bit of the cheeks to get it more like the HT.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build a less baggy trunked Batman. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, but probably not as fast."

I've used the under suit from one of the faulty Sideshow X-Wing Luke's I had to destroy, because the fully padded Hot Toys Boba Fett suit I originally had in mind would be too thick:

View attachment 646832View attachment 646833

With the gap at the hips filled and slightly thicker thighs, the trunks aren't so loose:

View attachment 646834

Putting cotton wool into the butt of the trunks absorbed the last of the excess material:

View attachment 646836

The belt fastens, but is at its comfortable limit. Any more padding and it'd probably spring open.
Is that thin black suit also still under the grey suit or did you leave that off?

Think this one would work as well?
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3194&search=suit

Is that thin black suit also still under the grey suit or did you leave that off?

Yes, the black suit went back on as well. I think that serves the purpose of giving the grey suit a uniform dark backing, and also helping to smooth out the shape of the padding and joints.

It may be too thick as it looks like the HT Boba Fett style. The Sideshow Luke X-Wing suit is thin, barely padded.

If the belt fastens over the OSK padding, an option might be to cut the legs down so they don't extend below the trunks. That way you won't see the shape of the padding where it ends above the knee.

Everyone else appears to be able to remove the face plates without any trouble.

Not sure what's up with mine. The only way I could prise them out was pulling them out just enough to make room to get tweezers under the chin to use as a lever. That's why I don't want to mess with them again.

I love this posing from One Sixth Cave's video:

sat.jpg

The Dynamic Duo were my first Hot Toys purchase. Been hooked ever since.

Attachments

• 20230401_081729.jpg
    20230401_081729.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0

Justin seems to really like them. They do look a lot better in his review than i initially thought, but I'm still glad i have the hot toys versions. Batmans face looks too slightly squished in still and something about them looks off but i just can't pin point it. I definitely noticed the skin tone being darker on the hot toys, when i first got the hot toys figures i questioned why they had just gone on a 2 week holiday in bali, but I'm still very happy and i know hot toys won't reissue them so I'm happy i skipped the knockoffs. If i didn't have the hot toys i probably would've left it and not got these either. After the mars toys 89 joker I'm very wary of buying 3rd party and haven't bought one since.

That being said, me not buying 3rd party only applies to recasts. No doubt that 66 joker looks amazing and i definitely gotta pick him up

Last edited:
I don't see how cutting the top of the face will do anything. In Justin's review, looks like the cowl covers the extra nose in the same way as the HT. In other words, same amount of nose is exposed.

I don't see how cutting the top of the face will do anything. In Justin's review, looks like the cowl covers the extra nose in the same way as the HT. In other words, same amount of nose is exposed.
Agreed, based on the video the nose on his didn't look as exposed as Asta's. Maybe Asta unfortunately got a bad copy where the eye piece wasn't pushed up all the way when being glued in, therefore preventing the mouthpieces from tucking under the mask enough? Maybe that's why he mentioned that he seems to be having a tougher time removing the mouthpieces than other reviewers are 🤔

Also, nice to see that the underoos aren't so bad once you flip them around.

I noticed that and wondered how it was possible. There again, more of the nose was showing on both his HT and Saturn so he might not have the HT plate pushed right up.

My original comparison:

455334-Saturn-Batman-1.jpg

With the HT plate in the Saturn:

100_4740.JPG

Back