S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really love this line. Closest thing to DBZ Revoltechs we are going to get.

I find these to be superior to Revoltech in every way. I'm always frustrated with the clicky joints.

what's this dragonball kai?

Most current DBZ products have Kai on the name due to the ongoing "DBZ Kai" series which is basically the original anime with all the filler edited out. I haven't seen it but I imagine you can probably bang through the whole series in about a third of the time without the 15 minute powerups and staring contests. Though, I admit, I think the filler kind of adds to the charm of the series.

What happened to these figures ?

I don't know, they're just display goods, but never actually announced for release. They showed a sculpt for Vegeta in the same fair, and it took them a year and a half before deciding to release it.

The way the joints are engineered in these SHFs are miles ahead of Revoltechs though. You get far more freedom with posing, instead of it clicking into certain set positions. Better paint app. and sculpts in general too.

Here are some nice dbz statues coming out. They held a competition and let fans vote. I don't know if the pics will work. Having problems attaching pics.
View attachment 38158
View attachment 38159
View attachment 38160

Looks like casual goku and saiyaman hogan are coming in oct 2011 and vegeta is coming out in nov 2011. Look good to me!

View attachment 38161View attachment 38162

shame on you.. you got my hopes up for a moment there :(

Pretty cool shirt available today (8/20) on Teefury -

https://www.teefury.com/

1309551368_SenzuEnergyBean_bottomTH.jpg

goku-sdcc-exclusive-figure-4-low.jpg

Picked up the Goku exclusive at SDCC, he's pretty awesome. I did a review over here.

Definitely keeping up with this line, they just need to release some sort of energy blast accessory pack down the line and I'll be set.

The vegeta pics I posted are statues coming out. The ones from the beginning of the topic posted are the ssj vegeta from figuarts.

Nice review Dr. Teng! The one edge this version really does have over the Japanese version is that the irises are larger, which is the way they are meant to be.

The original does have some shading in the hair though, although it's very subtle, and doesn't show up in the pictures a lot of the time.

The One Piece ones from what I've heard and seen, are at least a couple levels down in terms of quality and likeliness though.

no kidding, especially since all the other figuarts have accessories like that

I'm pretty sure most don't. At least the DB and Kamen Riders don't. The only ones that consistently come with effect parts are the Ultraman figs from the Ultra-Act line.

I have an English review for the regular Goku here (as well as one for Piccolo and Gohan) in my blog here in case any one would like to see the differences between that and the SDCC version:
https://insomniactoys.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/shf-super-saiyan-son-gokou/

luffy, ace, kazuma, ryuho, rockman x, war greymon, omegomon i think thats how its spelled lol, and alot of other s.h. figuarts figures all have weapon/ blast effect accessories

Here's a comparison of the two types of goku (regular and sdcc). Also, I've attached a pic of someone on toyark posting pics of sdcc goku next to Gohan who is colored the regular way. Maybe that can help your decision in seeing if the difference is enough for you to spend more or go regular. Hope this helps.

If you can find one for a reasonable price on ebay, I really would recommend the sdcc over the regular one. The coloring is superior.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Here's a comparison of the two types of goku (regular and sdcc). Also, I've attached a pic of someone on toyark posting pics of sdcc goku next to Gohan who is colored the regular way. Maybe that can help your decision in seeing if the difference is enough for you to spend more or go regular. Hope this helps.
Thanks Batmanisaninja :D

SDCC version it is :hi5:

I got Vegeta on PO at BBTS & SSC :D

Edit: Actually, the purple wrist bands & belt on the SDCC version is kinda bugging me :lol I might get Gohan instead & see if this Goku comes out :D

Last edited:
Amazon also has vegeta on sale for preorder now. Free shipping!

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Super-Saiyan-Vegeta-S-H-Figuarts/dp/B005HN4HRM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314437218&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Bandai Super Saiyan Vegeta - S.H.Figuarts: Toys & Games[/ame]

bandia posted this in addition to making a web interview about their S.H. Figuarts line of toys

rs_diary1.00288.00000002.jpg

the short version is, The dragon ball line is going to continue as web exclusives Like Vageta.

Back