Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

:lol that's why I thought this is not the Jakku Battle movie with Palm trees and water

It does make sense if this is the film that explains how Leia got the plans of the original Death Star .

My question why would they make a full length feature film about this

All I wanna know is why these RO clowns don't just hand-deliver the plans to Yavin base at the end. Save everyone a WHOLE lotta hassle.

Oh wait... should I have used a spoiler tag?:slap:rotfl

:lol that's why I thought this is not the Jakku Battle movie with Palm trees and water

It does make sense if this is the film that explains how Leia got the plans of the original Death Star .

My question why would they make a full length feature film about this

Disney has only just begun to scratch the surface, wait til they start getting to the bottom of the barrel in several years.

You'll start seeing stuff like...

Yak Face : A Star Wars Story And Boba Fett : The Sarlaac Years.

Maybe we will even get a Cheers style TV show set at the Mos Eisley Cantina!

Pretty kewl looking video game.

Is this coming out on both Xbox and Playstation?

Is Vader in the DLC?

Kung Fu guy with his stick is the Boss.:lol

Disney has only just begun to scratch the surface, wait til they start getting to the bottom of the barrel in several years.

Honestly - that's a way fresher idea than this movie.

All I wanna know is why these RO clowns don't just hand-deliver the plans to Yavin base at the end. Save everyone a WHOLE lotta hassle.

Oh wait... should I have used a spoiler tag?:slap:rotfl

The OT will always be an iconic classic however if Disney says they want to move on and introduce a new generation of SW to the public, TFA was the right step but it left so many holes , so what needs to be done are more movies tying in with the TFA not the OT.

Yes I know many have mentioned Jakku was defined in the Battlefront game but guess what some people don't have a PS4 or XB and many people don't have time to play the game as well.

I think after the fallout of TFA, we need to see more films relating to this topic

The only significance I see the RO film having an impact is if this girl featured is Rey's mom some how. Other than that maybe it should've been a streaming original or straight to video. :lecture

It's not that bad here surely. It's not like you find Fast & Furious comparisons in a Batman v Superman thread on SSF...:dunno

:lol

I think in my lurking I saw someone do that. :lol I like both films but if you gotta prop a film by cutting down another. Come on now. :lol

Just saw this on Youtube comments:

Force Awakens Trailer = 18,900 dislikes in 6 months
Rogue One Trailer = 10,000 dislikes in 24 hours

:horror

I have no idea why this is getting slated, looks frackin' fantastic to me! Can't believe how ANH 1977 it looks!

Couple of questions, and sorry if they have been answered previously. 1) Is that Hayden Christensen in the cloak? 2) Delighted Ben Mendelsohn is in this, but who is he? He looks bad-ass anyways.

:rock

The film presents a problem in that if an untrained (at least not recently) Rey manages to defeat Kylo Ren as she did, what sense will it make if she gets beaten by him in the next film after she presumably gets training from Luke Skywalker?

It was a mistake to have her win the fight, even considering Ren's injury. He should have been on the brink of defeating her and then maybe Chewie comes to the rescue in the Falcon or that big chasm opens up at just the right time or something. Undermining the primary villain in the very first film could and should have been avoided.

And yeah, one can't help but feel that ''girl power, **** yeah'' was the reason they did it the way they did it. I feel it was misplaced. It was enough that she took him on. No one would have thought less of the character not being able to win this early. In the normal conventions of storytelling that should come later.

Don't worry, Kylo's a padawan now.

Wait until he gets his new outfit and his new powers. He will dish out some hurt. The second film has to end on a down note.

Worse than Rey's secret abilities is Kylo's ability to force-hold a blaster bolt without thinking. And he needs to finish his training...? Like that's a casual ability?
Yeah, even if the problem you guys bring up wasn't fully considered when they were making the first film (who knows?), surely they'll take enough time and effort to make sense of it retroactively. Either they'll reinforce the whole "Kylo was injured before the fight started" thing, and accentuate that with his receiving super Saiyan training from lord whatshisface. Or Luke and R2 will get betrayed Rey, she'll turn to the dark side, yada yada yada, as I assume will happen.

I think in my lurking I saw someone do that. :lol I like both films but if you gotta prop a film by cutting down another. Come on now. :lol

NOTHING is worse than the Hot Toys Facebook page comments (it's the United Nations of trolling dweebs). But this place is starting to get there. :lol

NOTHING is worse than the Hot Toys Facebook page comments (it's the United Nations of trolling dweebs). But this place is starting to get there. :lol

That I have no doubt on. :lol That path the board is on is why I pretty much don't do squat around here. Not that many are having an issue with that. :lol

I have to disagree, I think the Han Solo movie may be Disney's biggest mistake.

It absolutely will be if they fumble the casting.

I wanted to stay off this thread, some discussions are weird to put it lightly. But like I said I really like the trailer, and I think Rogue One has big potential. It feels OT in so many ways. I enjoy seeing the classic Stormtroopers (though not OT Stormtroopers), the AT-AT precursors, the blackhole troopers, and especially the ANH Star Destroyer (look at the X part on top of it, between the 2 shield generator domes - it screams ANH) and the impressive Death Star.

I just discussed with a friend about the possible upcoming spin-offs: Han Solo, Boba Fett, Obi-Wan, Yoda. I'm not a big Fett fan, never was, but even less with the crappy clone background.I'm not quite interested in a Han movie either, they will try and most likely fail on too many ways - Han is a very complex character and besides the casting they also need a VERY GOOD script and directing. Yoda movie? It will go too deep in the Prequels and that could be good or bad. Personally I'd like an Obi Wan movie more, Ewan played a good Obi in the Prequels, and from what I heard he wouldn't mind coming back for a spin-off.

Sometimes the opinions in these threads are as bad as the Facebook comment sections. lol
If you mean the one's making fun of people talking about the film then for sure. :lol

:lol :lol

Does no one else want to see a spinoff of the misadventures of Jabba's pet rat?

:lol :lol

Back