ROCKY IV: Director's Cut (2021) In Select Theaters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would agree with all that… but I felt like it made it a better movie. The fight changes alone improved the film.

I hated the original. Now I like it.

I thank those that love the original Will be left feeling cold.
The only part i would say I really disliked was the beginning, I couldn’t believe how much of Rocky 3 was thrown in and it just didn’t feel like a typical Rocky movie opening.

The only part i would say I really disliked was the beginning, I couldn’t believe how much of Rocky 3 was thrown in and it just didn’t feel like a typical Rocky movie opening.
I did not mind that because I saw it on the big screen. I never saw Rocky III on the big screen so it was neat to see.

Plus all the rocky films open with the final fight.. This was a bit more.. But it was just reminding us how important Creed was to Rocky.

I did not mind that because I saw it on the big screen. I never saw Rocky III on the big screen so it was neat to see.

Plus all the rocky films open with the final fight.. This was a bit more.. But it was just reminding us how important Creed was to Rocky.
Hopefully this weekend I will be able to finally watch it.

Which version would you prefer in a box set?

I agree with showing the fight, that's in the original, it was adding the Mickey mourning footage and the talk with Apollo that just felt prolonged, I know the intent was to emphasize the impact of losing Apollo, but it comes off almost like as if we didn't have Rocky 3 to watch and need all this footage.

I think it was a missed opportunity to have the classic Rocky fanfare and logo that IV lacked.

I was a little bummed to see that about 50% of Paulie's humor content was removed. I get taking out the stuff to do with the robot, but some of it didn't need to be gone.

I agree with showing the fight, that's in the original, it was adding the Mickey mourning footage and the talk with Apollo that just felt prolonged, I know the intent was to emphasize the impact of losing Apollo, but it comes off almost like as if we didn't have Rocky 3 to watch and need all this footage.

I think it was a missed opportunity to have the classic Rocky fanfare and logo that IV lacked.

I was a little bummed to see that about 50% of Paulie's humor content was removed. I get taking out the stuff to do with the robot, but some of it didn't need to be gone.
100% agree about the fanfare and logo.

This cut definitely could have more improvements made.

But it feels more like the other films now. And I’m good with that .

100% agree about the fanfare and logo.

This cut definitely could have more improvements made.

But it feels more like the other films now. And I’m good with that .

If I could marry the two version together, bring back the things I like from the original and bring in the new stuff I like from this cut, that would be my ultimate cut.

Either way, I'm glad this truly is an alternate version. Stallone always delivers when we get an alternate cut of his films, no 5 minutes added and call it a day.

Back