Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta on post 99

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah! I'm not looking into starting a collection of that line, as while I liked that particular scene in the film, I don't really wish to display it.

Perhaps if they do a Treebeard in that scale, I may then go for it.

Witch-king helm sold out so you may not want to wait too long on this beauty. Behold....Khamûl!

khamul.jpg

I like it. I have all helms to date except for the ones that have not shipped yet.

I'm at a crossroads with my collecting so I'm debating if I want to continue this line or sell it all off.

Pork Chop Express, I may be at a crossroads myself, but for a different reason.

It appears I'll no longer be ordering straight from Weta. Their shipping fees have gotten more ridiculous than even Sideshows.

I had the new helm in my cart, ready to check out and shipping came out to $25.00! This is for a small box weighing next to nothing, as their resurgent helm line is made of "plastic" now, instead of the previous metal...

If I would have ordered the two new helms, it would have cost me $50.00 to have them shipped from the US to the US. That is simply absurd.

I'm waiting for the next environment and then will be throwing my remaining Weta dollars at it. Will then shop elsewhere, if I even continue with their lines.

If the ed. sizes were cut in half and the price was doubled for metal, I'd still buy them. Being made out of metal and more limited. And while I have them all, they don't feel the same (obviously) and freight is getting high. It would be nice if they could combine freight on multiple items that are in stock from the same location.

That being said, I'd like to get them all but my focus is changing to other things. Namely my Plymouth. The less I spend on poly-stone the more $ I have for everything else and prices are rising. I did have the troll on order but cancelled, I changed my mind because I felt I really didn't need it. Weta were great enough to let me keep my deposit in Weta $'s which I'll use. I still have Thranduil on Elk which I will keep.

Black Friday sales are great, especially the Balrog at $250(I'd be pissed if I paid full price...). I managed not to buy anything cuz in the end I really didnt need it. I'll stick with environments and helms (maybe...?) with a figure here and there. Namely Sauron.

Last edited:
If they were metal, they would justify the $80 price-tag. I still have been picking them up simply because the helm collection is my most complete line and I would hate to miss any. But it's getting to the point where I'm just getting turned off by the whole thing. Cheaper materials, higher price and exorbitant shipping isn't filling my enjoyment needs for these supposed collectibles.

Throw in the fact that over the weekend, having been trying to get through the whole ordering process for the Smaug statue, I finally had it in my cart, checked out and awaiting confirmation from Weta and their website locked up. By the time I was able to get back in, it was sold-out.

I figured I might as well get the Balrog at $250 but when trying to check out, was provided a shipping cost of $120.00 dollars. I suppose it was still a good deal but I wasn't ready to spend half the cost of the statue on shipping. Just rubbed me the wrong way. So I passed on it.

By the way, what Plymouth are you working on?

My uncle had a 1973-74 Plymouth Satellite "Road Runner". What an awesome car. I got my very first traffic ticket driving that gas-chugging 440 engined beast.

Looked very close to this one:

MusclepaloozaXVIIIBestofShow_2000.jpg

Sweet! I couldn't find a pic of your car in that thread.

I loved my uncles Road Runner. Unfortunately, he lent it to another nephew on his brother's side of the family and that turd totaled it.

Your uncle was to nice of a guy. He was never able to replace it?

RR-1.jpg

So without trying to derail the thread with my car...

I managed to get through the black Friday Weta sale without losing any money, but I did buy stuff for my car so :pfft: you Weta.

I think I may be ending my helm run and selling off some/most or all of my helms eventually, still not a big fan of the new feather-weight additions, especially the re-pops. And the deeper I get the more $'s spent on things I may not be that into anymore. I tried it before with some luck when I sold off some duplicates, so we'll see.

At this point I'd rather spend money on more Tolkien books to complete a nicer set I got going.
https://www.tolkien.co.uk/index.html

I've already have Silmarillion, Hobbit, LOTR and Unfinished Tales deluxe slipcase versions, also the History of M.E. 3 vol. set.
I'd like to get Beren and Lúthien, The Children of Húrin, and Tales from the Perilous Realm to complete.
I did get The Story of Kullervo standard HB, not sure I need the deluxe.

I'd rather spend the $'s on these than the new helms I think.

Last edited:
Khamûl is in da house. Shelf-worthy addition, IMO. Still miss the metal of the original LOTR ones, but really like the horned design of this one.

Mine arrived last week as well. It looks fantastic but that light-weight plastic just isn't the same. It's pretty sad when the base is the only part that has heft to it.

I sometimes use the cans of compressed air for dusting and these will tend to spin on their base or worse, go flying...

"Forod" was received a couple months ago & has taken his spot next to his evil brethren.
That makes this the 3rd out of I believe 6 total character computer designs that were created of the Nazgul for The Hobbit.

forod.jpg

hobbitchronicles6_spread.jpg

Back