Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta on post 99

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The old ones are getting scarce. I had a hard enough time filling in the gaps in my collection 3-4 years ago. Some of them only show up on ebay once a year.

HI all

new here.But this is my concern being that it is polyurethane. Are they going good polyurethane or cheap type. If it is the Good type it will be nice and strong better then the metal helm. The metal helm before was nice however they are cast iron which is very brittle. If the polyurethane is cheap it is going to be peanut brittle with very little flex and it it drops or rough handling via the shipper thin stuff are likely to get damaged.

I would venture to guess it will be a polystone like material. So things should be just fine.

Polystone would be too breakable, if you take a look at Orthanc's spikes, Weta used a different material on them. Many parts of the Uruk General Helm are as thin as the spikes.

They are bidding $255 for that!!! Maybe i should just flip mine.

Have they announced any news on another helm yet???

It looks like that gplays seller had to relist it? Then again he could have gotten his hands on multiples? IMO, it's just a berserker helm pretty much. Not all that impressive.

Theoden and rohirrim/Rohan royal guard are two of the best helms in the series. The gondorian set and Eomer are also in my fav list.

There's a few masterpieces in the original series, Theoden's & Rohirrim as mentioned but also the Elven war helm & Sauron, I missed some of the earlier releases & was going to collect them all until the GOndor Helms (my favs) where 1. released as exclusives 2. as an expensive pack (expensive for then anyway), both of which made the set near impossible to get & thus my collecting of the line ended once Sauron came along

Look at what I dug up! :wave

So The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Witch King Helm came out a couple weeks ago. Edition size: 750

witchkinghelm.jpg

As expected, it's not metal like Weta used to make 'em back in the day. Despite this disappointment, it looks pretty good next to the others.

Thoughts? Are people still collecting these? They never really seemed to appreciated much in value over the years...

I like them, yah they would have been much better had they been metal but that aint happening at today production costs. Helm market is all over the place, some are more desirable than others, some asking prices on ebay are ridiculous, but if your trying to complete the whole collection you may pay more for the "last one"...

I have them all (and them some) including the new ones. I'll keep collection additional ones that get released.

I too have them all (except for the WiKi crown) and love them.

Earlier this week I received the three new helms and truly miss the metal in their production. Here's my opinion of these three:

- "Skully" helm is fantastic, with great weathering. Amazing job, all around.

- "Witch King of Angmar" looks good and can get by, looking like metal, even if it's not.

- "King Dain" helm is my least favorite of the three. Looks exactly like what it's made of: plastic. While the others at least give the illusion that they are made of metal, this one, because it's made to look fairly new and with no weathering, fails to do so. In my opinion, it's the one that suffers the most for not being made of metal.

I'll continue collecting the helm line but it's truly a shame that they've moved away from using metal, as I don't believe that production costs would have been significantly more.

Back