Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all! Been a longtime lurker of this thread, but thought I'd finally join in. Recently finished a custom
Hot x DAMTOYS Resident Evil 4 Remake Leon Figure.

Honestly amazed by how well the Hot Toys parts worked with the Damtoys body. The only real flaw is the hands. Since the DAMTOYS wrist joints look unsightly with the bare arms exposed I ended up using the Hot Toys hands on the Damtoys wrist pegs.
View attachment 529104View attachment 529098View attachment 529299
i want to see Hot Toys head on Dam Toys outfit.

The other guy just straight up bought a panzer cop head. Outside of that, I was thinking of just using teh extra ehad I bought, dremeling the entire eye section out, and part of teh back of teh head, and sticking some sort of make shift led unit in there with two "eyes".
there are 2 panzer cop, one from hot toys and one from dragon, you just need the led + board set from dragon and find a way to fit it in the new head.

That hairline still bothers me and idk there’s something about the foggy eyes up close that look strange.
Yeah those are my main two turn-offs for this sculpt as well.
I purchased two of these, but one of them had a paint defect on the nose (which is getting replaced by SW).
So I'm thinking I'll try modding the defective one, see if I can do something with that odd hairline and the eyes. I'll probably (eventually) try repainting the entire sculpt. And hopefully not mess the entire thing up even more. lol

i want to see Hot Toys head on Dam Toys outfit.
Had the same idea. Hot Toys head doesn't fit on Damtoys body without wobbling around. Plus the Hot Toys Head and Damtoys Body tones don't match at all.
20210703_182549.jpg

Got curious playing around with it and decided to swap the Hot Toys and DAMToys outfits. RE2make Leon with RE4 RPD outfit, and RE4 Leon with RE2make outfit.

20210703_190422.jpg
20210703_190902.jpg

20210703_190202.jpg
20210703_190530.jpg
20210703_190610.jpg

Replacement shirt came in the mail so I decided to update my custom RE4make Leon. Since the Hot Toys clothes didn't age well I just used Damtoys Pants and a 1/6 shirt from ebay. Outfit kinda reminds me of Jake from RE6.

20210703_192356.jpg

20210703_194928.jpg

20210703_195337.jpg

Attachments

• 20210703_194013.jpg
    20210703_194013.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210621_200429.jpg
    20210621_200429.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210623_212434_01.jpg
    20210623_212434_01.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 63
Replacement shirt came in the mail so I decided to update my custom RE4make Leon. Since the Hot Toys clothes didn't age well I just used Damtoys Pants and a 1/6 shirt from ebay. Outfit kinda reminds me of Jake from RE6.

View attachment 530155
View attachment 530154
View attachment 530153
Without the vest and collard shirt the neck does come across very long in those pics. I agree the hottoys outfit is so dated and needs replacing. Regardless dude really nice work!! looking forward to any further updates.

Had the same idea. Hot Toys head doesn't fit on Damtoys body without wobbling around. Plus the Hot Toys Head and Damtoys Body tones don't match at all.
View attachment 530147

Got curious playing around with it and decided to swap the Hot Toys and DAMToys outfits. RE2make Leon with RE4 RPD outfit, and RE4 Leon with RE2make outfit.

View attachment 530148View attachment 530149
View attachment 530150View attachment 530152View attachment 530151
Might be controversial but i think the Hot Toys RPD suit looks better... The vest looks too obvious on the DAM even though it is accurate to game.

For the wobble, you can put some tac in just remember not to hold the figure by it's head like you would with a baby.

Does anyone here own the War Story Tyrant figure with the giant base? I got him today but I can't manage to get him him to stand upright without falling. No mather how I place him on the stand, his legs always give in and he falls over. The legs seem very flimsy. I don't want to swap his body or anything.

Hi! I have been a long time collector but it is recently that I'm getting obsessed with 1/6. Even tho I have Hot Toys from 10+ years ago, I just began to put those jewels on display. Anyway, I got my hands on my first DamToys figure with Leon Kennedy (RE2), and that triggered the Resident Evil fever, lol! I already owned the HT RE4 Ada and HT RE5 Sheva Alomar, so I have a few questions Resident Evil related:

1) Best version of 1/6 Claire Redfield?
2) Best version of 1/6 Jill Valentine?
3) What would be a good body to upgrade my Hot Toys Resident Evil 4 Ada Wong?
4) I want to upgrade my Sheva Alomar too, bot haven't found bodies or heads that suit the character. Any advice for her and dark skinned customs?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I have been a long time collector but it is recently that I'm getting obsessed with 1/6. Even tho I have Hot Toys from 10+ years ago, I just began to put those jewels on display. Anyway, I got my hands on my first DamToys figure with Leon Kennedy (RE2), and that triggered the Resident Evil fever, lol! I already owned the HT RE4 Ada and HT RE5 Sheva Alomar, so I have a few questions Resident Evil related:

1) Best version of 1/6 Claire Redfield?
2) Best version of 1/6 Jill Valentine?
3) What would be a good body to upgrade my Hot Toys Resident Evil 4 Ada Wong?
4) I want to upgrade my Sheva Alomar too, bot haven't found bodies or heads that suit the character. Any advice for her and dark skinned customs?

Thanks in advance!
Claire: Hot Heart Claire 2.0
Jill: it depends on which version you want(outfit wise) and sculpt.
Ada: TbLeague is releasing new bodies that are less muscular or big breasts. I’ll try and find them and post pics since apparently I never help out. Lol
Sheva: that’s a tricky one since there’s no African American bodies for females out there. You’ll probably need to dye a phicen body.

Wanna sell the one on either the far right or far left? haha
Also, the second from the left, wearing the red bandana, is that the GeeWhiz custom outfit? Been thinking picking one of them up, but I'm not sure what to think of that shirt. Looks a bit...fluffy? lol
Yeah, no…. lol
No, it’s from the flirty girl which I also used for my classic STARS Jill which I posted a few pages back(2017) but you know some people can’t research on their own, lol.(not towards you lol but this thread is full of help minus some missing pics. You can still find what people were using to put together their customs/tips/etc). Honestly it’s the color that gives in the impression lol or the filter.

Also, that GeeWhiz set is pretty pricey like $200 or something. Honestly a Rebecca custom is pretty easy you just need to buy the vest/pouches and boots. Just buy some green tactical pants and green shirt.

Back