READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] American Psycho DX - VOTE FOR EXPRESSION OF 2nd SCULPT! VOTE END 21st 9

thanks axe. yeah sticking with the truetypes gets very expensive.

Re: [iminime] American Psycho DX - VOTE FOR EXPRESSION OF 2nd SCULPT! VOTE END 21st 9

are the bootleg bodies much inferior to the trutypes?

In truth they are of a much lower quality! The hands are especially awful they are made from a very cheap plastic and are shiny and an unnatural colour. Limbs are generally loose and tightening doesnt always work. I purchased 3 and disgarded them immediately. I always upgrade to genuine TT's as soon as my Iminime figures arrive.

Well its true that the plastic is a little shiny, but till now they have all been well covered under the suits... so I actually have no complains in that department. However yes for exposed body parts I wouldnt really prefer a knock off TT, and if I did, Id probably repaint them to match the skin tone.

Also Iminime DOES paint the palms that they give bare attached to the TT with their figure to match the skin tone of the head
But not the other arms that come with the Bootleg TT

But yes, where the original TTs are more matte, these have a slightly shiny finish

There is not substitute for the real deal!

There is not substitute for the real deal!
Of course! I wish HT didnt just release their TTs once a month in a year... Im sure they know the demand. TTs should release like every quarter to really be available for everyone... Specially the current ones are the absolute best. The older HT TTs were too prone to breaking at the knees...

the most recent batch of TTs are definitely the best quality and Im happy I snatched up as many as I did. The newest headplay recast ones are much better than the last run though, there about as good as the run of TTs before the Gambit head. I try to get lucky on TA when they break down new stuff for my body requirements though

Come on just a little more for the smirk...

I try to get lucky when they break down new stuff for my body requirements though
2217392_o.gif

I'm liking the scowl look. Put me down for that.

Dunzo Hec.

Yea, about the bodies, there's no doubt that the official TT trump the knockoffs by far. I've ported every Iminime fig I have to TTM18's and it ups their stock 10 fold. There's definitely a few good reasons why TT's are as expensive as they are. And those same reasons are why that's the body of choice for bootleggers to try and copy.

I noticed that there are more differences in proportion than just the height. The body in general seems thinner. Like all the Iminime clothes fit a bit tighter on the official TT. Not that it hinders articulation or looks bad or even too noticeable for that matter. But for instance, when I was porting Ra's over the pants slipped right off the knockoff body without having to open them. To get them on the TT, I had to open the belt & pants. Then they're bigger in the wrong areas sometimes too. Like the forearm being to big to accept Mills bandaged hand, but it fits on a TT perfectly :dunno

You can do the tightening trick and that definitely improves them but still doesn't bring them up to TT status. But it is an extremely necessary tweak for those who can't fit TT in their budget.

But the fact is it's impossible to expect Iminime to include TT. Even if everyone was willing to spend the extra $30-$40/fig, they can never get their hands on enough to cover all of their runs. Like right now they'd need around 500-600 to cover The Butler, The Red Pill, Skipper, CEO, plus all of their slated stuff(5-6 projects with WIP's up). And there's more than that on the horizon.

And to not include the body and just do H & C sets wouldn't even really knock anything significant off of the price. So it's better off they just include the knockoff and the people who want to stretch for a TT can, and those who don't want to can make that body tighter.

But these are supposed to be better so we'll see:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Action...8758?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4abc2a7426

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Mad...8774?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4ab4fe3616

Last edited:

well i went ahead and grabbed a couple tt narrows last night. not sure which figs i will use them on, most likely the Oily Milkshake Men. and was hoping to grab an adv tt for another joker. the other couple heads i've coming i might fill with the knockoffs--at least for now. as i'd rather see them on a body than decapitated in a box.

thanks for the advice guys.

well i went ahead and grabbed a couple tt narrows last night. not sure which figs i will use them on, most likely the Oily Milkshake Men. and was hoping to grab an adv tt for another joker. the other couple heads i've coming i might fill with the knockoffs--at least for now. as i'd rather see them on a body than decapitated in a box.

thanks for the advice guys.

Good shout. If your going to drop 450 bucks+ on a rainman clothing and head set or 300+ on an Iminime release its really worth spending the extra 30-40 bucks and putting them on a decent body. Makes the figures look 10 times better with zero effort.

I vote for the Scowl.

very hard to choose... i would love to have all :D
but if i have to choose only one, then i think it would be the scowl sculpt.

The "scowl" gets my vote. Arrogant son of a...
The "smile" makes me smile, but he's only got that expression a few times in the movie.
I don't think "cold stare" would translate well.

Have this feeling although most want the scowl look we will get the smirk just a feeling.

Cold stare -- now!!!

I believe I'm going have to go with scowl as well

I like both the smirk and scowl but I think I would fall on the side of the smirk. ;)
Simply for the self indulgent scenes, where he thinks he's such a music critic and the axe killing scene is my favourite, especially the goofy dance.
Which ever sculpt wins , the cd or nailgun accessory should be included imo.

Back