READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] American Psycho DX - VOTE FOR EXPRESSION OF 2nd SCULPT! VOTE END 21st 9

Thanks for the pm popcult , not been able to follow this thread.
Scowl for me. :)

Re: [iminime] American Psycho DX - VOTE FOR EXPRESSION OF 2nd SCULPT! VOTE END 21st 9

Thanks for the pm popcult , not been able to follow this thread.
Scowl for me. :)

My pleasure brother :)

And thanks to the all the rest of you guys who responded so quickly :duff

We still have a couple of more days so all of you guys that I PM'd who didn't vote yet, PLEASE DO!!!

Have this feeling although most want the scowl look we will get the smirk just a feeling.

Yea I'm sort of getting that weird feeling too :mad:.

We shouldn't because this was a poll as per Denny to gauge what the majority would like to see. But if the smile/smirk wins regardless of the final numbers, I'll have my own theory as to why

So THIS is the list as it stands...

Cold Stare:

1. THE JOKER

Scowl:

1. PopCultKid
2. BlitzOUT
3. mmmBrains
4. chilipep66
5. alexi.volk
6. Bullet
7. Krec9
8. K. Bowen
9. TurdFurguson
10. armysoldier74b
11. Raymond Ferraro
12. transhi100
13. mightyq
14. ShortRound
15. El Calvo
16. Thrustmaster
17. nexus
18. KEC2007
19. uscmhicks
20. Deckard
21. robbiethepainter
22. skooternb
23. darkchylde80
24. Snake Eater
25. edonian
26. Jack Torrance
27. seewhatyouthink

Smile/Smirk:

1. axecutioner18
2. Monger
3. joebizz34
4. UltraMarknus
5. Hydeous
6. TheMadButcher
7. MarfMaster
8. Darth Magnus
9. menoseloso
10. turbo VS. ozone
11. hotslayer73
12. kingellesar
13. T.bowen
14. jimmie_dimmick
15. Levit05
16. woodrob

And THIS is where the magic happens...

213826-american_psycho_apartment.jpg

Last edited:

The only thing I really want is the screaming head everyone freaked out about but I guess put me down for scowl.

yeah i really hope they dont just do the smile, two smiling sculpts is kind of redundant and i'm kind of amazed how people associate that with the character but i guess it goes to show just how variable interpretation can be. if they opt for cold stare i'd happy: just cant really figure two smiling sculpts on a character who barely smiled.
but fair's fair... to the victor (and all that other diplomatic $%##$^)

yeah i really hope they dont just do the smile, two smiling sculpts is kind of redundant and i'm kind of amazed how people associate that with the character but i guess it goes to show just how variable interpretation can be. if they opt for cold stare i'd happy: just cant really figure two smiling sculpts on a character who barely smiled.

Totally agree.

If its two smiling sculpts most likely Ill drop out tired of the nonsense :monkey1

yeah i dont know. i get how you guys are feeling. i'm kind of on the fence at this point regarding that issue. the thought has crossed my mind but i also really want a bateman. anyway we've still got a few days before we find out what's going to happen and i will try to stay positive. hopefully Denny and co will feel the same about doing two smiling sculpts. also, if one considers that between cold gaze and scowl are the bulk of the interest maybe things will come up our way.
i dont know how much a fan of the manic smile sculpt i am, not as much for the facial expression itself but because of the hair. a look like that would best be accompanied by the wild hair as in the paul allen axe to the face scene imo. but i am biased as that was never my favorite promo spot.
anyway, we'll see...

Totally agree.

Pop put me down for scowl.

And thanks for the pm.

Pop put me down for scowl.

And thanks for the pm.

Pleasure is mine my man, thanks for responding :duff

And thanks to the rest of you guys who responded so quickly. I appreciate you respecting the deadline with ample time :hi5:

Now the other..uuuhhhhhh...13 of you, please drop your vote as soon as you get a chance :D :lol

:peace

Last edited:

Okay 10 more people from the original interest list left to send in their votes... I think Ill be posting some updates on the screaming sculpt pretty soon.

Just as a foreword, and Denny personally asked me to make you aware of a major detail in advance regarding the sculpt:

the Screaming sculpt is based on a promotional pic, and it suffers from a fish eye lens distortion. Just like the fan favourite Cold Stare expression picture where the face shape from the front is distorted by the lens (which I think is a deliberate cinematic goal to show the distortion of Bateman's reality and view of the world, and also the worlds view of him).

The picture looks great and has impact but on a real life sculpt the proportions when strictly plotted in 3 dimensions will not match up with Bale anatomically correctly. So for the side profiles and to match up with how Bales face would look and contort when screaming, some liberties have been taken by using other references of Bale's screaming face from different profiles and other films and situations.

The biggest difference is that in the promo pic, the side hair/hairline/profile is distorted and flattened, which doesnt happen in real life, so liberty has been taken with the sculpt to make it look exactly how a real manic scream would be like for Bale. So if a front shot doesnt make it look exactly like the promo pic, that would be the reason. If it was done strictly using the promo pic, we would have a distorted side profile of the sculpt, and anatomically odd looking...

I'd imagine that they'd say "maybe this isn't a good idea" since there isn't proper or enough reference material instead of wingin' it.

Id say it would be better to wait and see the sculpt progress first before having doubts and apprehensions...

Last edited:

Scowl for me. Stick the axe/knife/kitchen whisk in his hand and he's just about to have a funny turn.

On another note, Im looking for someone good with graphic design and has some experience in this kind of thing to make a small project of making part of THIS picture of Bateman's apartment
And THIS is where the magic happens...

213826-american_psycho_apartment.jpg

As a diorama display for this figure... any suggestions on the person who would be ideal for this? And Im sure PopCultKid and some of you would like to have it for your display too :wave

Also does anyone own this particular DVD? I need a scan of 300dpi of the cover image
90992.jpg

Last edited:

im in for Smile/Smirk i think it realy brings the sence of his normal life being a lie, and its like the face he puts on when realy underneath you annoy him and he wants to stab you.:lol

Back