READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] American Psycho DX - Patrick Bateman VOTE FOR EXPRESSION OF 2nd SCULPT!

ok so why dont we push for three Bateman sculpts? i'm in. as it is the guy has a wardrobe i'm going to spend years having done for me anyway. freak that i am.

Re: [iminime] American Psycho DX - Patrick Bateman VOTE FOR EXPRESSION OF 2nd SCULPT!

I think 3 sculpts will maybe be pushing our luck :lol as much as Id want to... dont really see that happening. I dont even remember the last time any custom artist gave 2 unique expression sculpts on his handmade figures. We are lucky that Bateman is getting that treatment!
As for wardrobe... I sincerely hope Denny and his team gives us something which will be ultimate! So that Im not made to go bankrupt trying to cloth this guy...

After seeing the quality of Ra's suit, I really have complete faith in iminime's future projects as far as tailoring is concerned.

Do you think Iminime might give us an option to pick up an extra clothing set? like the way Rainman does...

I think 3 sculpts will maybe be pushing our luck :lol as much as Id want to... dont really see that happening. I dont even remember the last time any custom artist gave 2 unique expression sculpts on his handmade figures. We are lucky that Bateman is getting that treatment!
As for wardrobe... I sincerely hope Denny and his team gives us something which will be ultimate! So that Im not made to go bankrupt trying to cloth this guy...

American Psycho is a comedic piece, yes. but the Bateman character is not really funny because because he laughs and smiles and makes jokes. it is a dark comedic satire, a statement on a gilded community at the start of an era.
watching the movie, if you were to mark down which look is on his face the most, or even how he is most described, i don't think smirking would come out #1.
also the whole thing with kojun/adam, i dont know that that's really relevant. i personally dont think anyone has absolutely nailed Bale in any character, though i do really like both their sculpts. but moreover, i dont think youre being fair to iminime and what they've been doing recently by assuming they shouldnt even attempt anything which might be compared. the last bunch of releases i've seen from Denny's team look outstanding. and i have no reason to believe they wont get even better with each new figure.
and Bateman would never be mistaken for Bale, if only because he has a slightly better haircut.
but you are entitled to you opinion, and i can respect it. bateman love is a positive in my book.

Couldn't have said it better myself bro. And Bateman's haircut is infinitely better. To the same magnitude that Paul's card trumps ALL :wink1:

Hey, I said it cause itll be Monday for us... I promised Denny Ill have his votes by next week last Wednesday or Thursday (cant remember). Next week means Monday which is tommorow (3/4 hours from now). I did say whole week... but did I say full next week? (not sure I remember... but If I did, then so be it... Ill have to tell Denny to wait another week)

and I said final NOT in an authoritative manner, I said that because if Denny comes in the morning as he usually does and I place the numbers to him and he sees and makes a decision, a vote after that will be useless...

Please dont read into it so much!!
C'mon I find that a little rude yes...

I'm not gonna go searching for it but your post was pretty clear that we'd have to the end of next week. Something to the effect of "all next week". I can inform Denny myself that we understand the urgency but the weekends are pretty dead on the board.

I think by mid week they'll be a lot of people to respond. And if nothing else it reinforces the demand to Denny. We already have 20+ voters who are serious buyers. Filling the list more works towards two goals :wink1: It shows the favorite choice of sculpt and reiterates to Denny how much passion there is for this character.

Going back and forth is senseless. We're just burying the information. Let's tell denny that a little more time (within reason) is needed and let's post up the concrete deadline.

I'll bump all the info when the page turns so it'll be up top and doesn't get too lost again.

Do you think Iminime might give us an option to pick up an extra clothing set? like the way Rainman does...
Not sure at all... it all depends on how Denny wants to sell this. I personally would like to pick up an extra raincoat or so to make a blood splattered one...

I think well get to know later once Denny makes a final decision on how he wants to produce this (which means edition number, pricing etc etc) Its a long way off...

I'm not gonna go searching for it but your post was pretty clear that we'd have to the end of next week. Something to the effect of "all next week". I can inform Denny myself that we understand the urgency but the weekends are pretty dead on the board.

I think by mid week they'll be a lot of people to respond. And if nothing else it reinforces the demand to Denny. We already have 20+ voters who are serious buyers. Filling the list more works towards two goals :wink1: It shows the favorite choice of sculpt and reiterates to Denny how much passion there is for this character.

Going back and forth is senseless. We're just burying the information. Let's tell denny that a little more time (within reason) is needed and let's post up the concrete deadline.

I'm bumping all the info
I think If I said all week I probably meant like end of the week. In any case all this time I was under the illusion people understood that as like the end of this week. Or else I wouldnt have promised to send Denny the results on Monday (in a few hours)
If another week is really needed, Ill apologise to Denny and request him another week.

I think its my fault as instead of talking about weeks and weekends I should have specified the date.

Sorry, my bad. Let me talk to him in the morning and tell him that well give the results on say Friday 21st? (Asian Time please) I think that should be enough time right for those really interested to buy the figure to have voted by then
[I really should be making an official notice on the first page of the thread about this, and make a post with the pictures and the votes as one post]

That's probably the best way to do it. It may help to edit the title and put the deadline in it. After two more post and I'll bump the info to the top of the next page.

I'll go on record again saying I'll be in for a third or fourth sculpt. It'll never happen but hey if there were enough interested.... :dunno
We're up to 3 on that list :lol

And I hope that he is willing to sell separete raincoats too. I'd want a bloody and clean myself.

Gotta hear back from Army but although you(AXE) interpreted his choice as cold stare, I think he meant scowl. I'm not gonna change it untill he confirms though

Gotta hear back from Army but although you(AXE) interpreted his choice as cold stare, I think he meant scowl. I'm not gonna change it untill he confirms though
Thats why the 'clean cold stare is there'
First thing tomorrow when I go to work, is Ill take my office PC and use the file I saved from the original voting and put back those who wanted whatever expression (along with the original pics)... if those same people changed their choice into the current vacillation between scowl and smirk and cold stare, that too will be reflected. In that way I think well have the most accurate description of the votes
The only changes reflected will be from the old votes to this is

The Cold Stare will just go to cold stare
Focused into Scowl (as we put pictures of him scowling and called it focused)
Smirk and Slight Smile as one

And just to be clear I think originally what we called Focused was actually the scowl, so votes from focus will go into the scowl.

That ok?
And Friday 21st is time enough I guess... we should have a better WIP pic of the Screaming sculpt too by then Im sure...

EDIT: All done on first post of the thread so no need to bump anything Ill regularly update whatever comes here... Friday 21st 9am Korean Standard Time set as deadline. Also as I said here, I will be updating the older votes from the previous original vote we did... and make the necessary changes

Last edited:
Re: [iminime] American Psycho DX - VOTE FOR EXPRESSION OF 2nd SCULPT! VOTE END 21st 9

In all honesty this is getting rediculous! Something that is as simple as heres 3 facial expressions make a choice on which one you want has become very very complicated. Axe I feel you really need to lay off on trying to influence which way people are voting. It may not be deliberate but you are really pushing for the sculpt you want with every post when it should be impartial. I went with scowl as I dont feel smirk is an accurate representation of the character. I think to suggest a more neutral expression would result in a sculpt too similar to other bale sculpts out there is doing a huge disservice to Denny and Iminime. There sculptors are clearly talented enough to knock this sculpt out of the park while still putting there own mark on it. The other bale sculpts out there are brilliant but I have no doubt Iminime can at least match if not surpass them.

Thats why the 'clean cold stare is there'
First thing tommorow when I go to work, is Ill take my office PC and use the file I saved from the original voting and put back those who wanted whatever expression (along with the original pics)... if those same people changed their choice into the current vacillitation between scowl and smirk and cold stare, that too will be reflected. In that way I think well have the most accurate description of the votes
The only changes reflected will be from the old votes to this is

The Cold Stare will just go to cold stare
Focused into Scowl (as we put pictures of him scowling and called it focused)
Smirk and Slight Smile as one

And just to be clear I think originally what we called Focused was actually the scowl, so votes from focus will go into the scowl.

That ok?
And Friday 21st is time enought I guess... we should have a better WIP pic of the Screaming sculpt too by then Im sure...

Brother I suggest that we revote. A lot of people have turned around a few pages back and all went for cold stare. I clearly stated that I wasn't taking anyone's old vote and shift it over to a new one untill they specify. Please let everyone read this again a revote.

joebizz said cold stare and after I posted the current poll, he changed back to smile/smirk. I think it's best to let everyone read the new info and make up their mind again instead of us shuffling old votes in new categories.

GUYS LET'S STOP THE DEBATE SO I CAN BUMP WHAT'S IMPORTANT :) :wave

Last edited:

Alright fellas, like Axe said we have a week(now less) to come to a majority rule on the second sculpt. Whoever doesn't know, this vote IS official as per Axe who is quoting Denny.

The reveal of the screaming sculpt seems to have pushed people toward the cold stare in efforts to create a balance. Since there is speculation and doubt about the cold stare now, it seems that the "scowl" variation should be thrown in the mix. Scowl essentially being a more angry, agressive spin on the cold stare which is a bit more neutral.

So we should all get our votes in and get the show on the road :)

I'm throwing these up PURELY as guidlines, just ideas of the type of expression. These are not meant to be the exact screen shot to model the sculpt on per say, but an idea of the direction we would like to see this go.

After there is a definite winner, better shots for exact reference can be sourced.

COLD STARE

23iflfa.jpg

hbgbrfpsnnwj3gdqsx49a1c89cd3f8a_patrick-bateman-1.jpg

patrick_bateman_mask_1280x720.jpg

AmericanPsycho_GQ_24Apr12_rex_b_642x390.jpg

SCOWL​

attachment.php

original.jpg

american-psycho-walking-headphones-1.jpg

I keep using these only because I fell like it's a good example of capturing the persona:

bateman-figure-cult.jpg

SMILES/SMIRKS​

tumblr_m1vn4j0e6V1qcrjd7o1_500-1.jpg

tumblr_ljmibaYeMM1qzoaqio1_r1_1280-1.jpg

132395775732-1.jpg

40-1.jpg

**There are obviously many other shots out there that fall into all of these categories. These are just some that I had handy. When you place your votes, feel free to add other shots that fall into these categories and may serve as good inspiration.

**** I believe that I covered all the bases with these three categories. Keep in mind that they are somewhat broad. If I missed a category, someone feel free to point it out.

Re: [iminime] American Psycho DX - VOTE FOR EXPRESSION OF 2nd SCULPT! VOTE END 21st 9

So right now the list looks like:

Cold Stare:

1. THE JOKER

Scowl:

1. PopCultKid
2. BlitzOUT
3. mmmBrains
4. chilipep66
5. alexi.volk
6. Bullet
7. Krec9
8. K. Bowen
9. TurdFurguson
10. armysoldier74b
11. Raymond Ferraro
12. transhi100
13. mightyq
14. ShortRound
15. El Calvo
16. Thrustmaster
17. nexus
18. KEC2007
19. uscmhicks
20. Deckard
21. robbiethepainter
22. skooternb
23. darkchylde80
24. Snake Eater
25. edonian
26. Jack Torrance
27. seewhatyouthink

Smile/Smirk:

1. axecutioner18
2. Monger
3. joebizz34
4. UltraMarknus
5. Hydeous
6. TheMadButcher
7. MarfMaster
8. Darth Magnus
9. menoseloso
10. turbo VS. ozone
11. hotslayer73
12. kingellesar
13. T.bowen
14. jimmie_dimmick
15. Levit05
16. woodrob

Last edited:

I am sticking with scowl

i stick by my story

Put me down for cold stare.

Back