READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] American Psycho DX - Patrick Bateman VOTE FOR EXPRESSION OF 2nd SCULPT!

Man you really flipflop... in the last post you posted a pic of the smirk and said you'll go with it :lol No problem Ill edit you back to scowl...

Talk about flip floping Ankit :lol First this is a vote as per Denny and now your gonna suggest that the sculptor takes her pick? Why don't we stick to the original plan and stay with the vote so this way we all suggest something instead of you suggesting something.

I'd like everyone to stick to their own opinion on their vote. I'm not trying to sway anyone. But since Axe keeps selling the smirk and downplaying the cold stare or scowl for various (IMO weightless) reasons, I'd like to point out a few things myself.

I know a lot of people want to see this change but there's a very good reason why the big boys on the block like HT & EB (and bascally everyone else who produces figures & sculpts) go with more neutral expressions for a main sculpt. Because it's the best overall representation of the character with the most versatility without being too scene specific.

That's why you get a laughing Joker sculpt as the 5th official offering and not the first, and definitely not the 1st and only.

Adding the scowl is technically getting away from something too neutral and is in itself a more expression. One that is iconic and fitting for the character.

I'm a hardcore fan just like you Axe and many others here. I love the CD bit just as much as the next guy. And I know that you're dying to set him up with the CD so that's why you want the smile. But that smile only works for that one pose and is extremely scene specific, almost frame specific :lol There's no way that that works with a knife, axe, nailgun, walkman, breifcase or basicaly anything else you may want to do. If we're already getting one sculpt with very limited versatility, why add a second one?

I'd buy 4 sculpts for Bateman if Iminime offered them. I'd be all over the smile if it was V3 or V4. But if I have to pick one static representation of this guy, I'm going with the most overall iconic and versaitile. Extreme expressions work well for the Pee Wee's and Mr. Bean's of the world as V1s. Not really for guys like this.

Again just stating my own personal reasoning since Axe states his. I encourage everyone to vote with their own in mind :)

Last edited:
Re: [iminime] American Psycho DX - Patrick Bateman VOTE FOR EXPRESSION OF 2nd SCULPT!

Cold Stare

1. THE JOKER

Scowl:

1. PopCultKid
2. BlitzOUT
3. mmmBrains
4. chilipep66
5. alexi.volk
6. Bullet
7. Krec9
8. K. Bowen
9. TurdFurguson
10. armysoldier74b
11. Raymond Ferraro
12. transhi100
13. mightyq
14. ShortRound
15. El Calvo
16. Thrustmaster
17. nexus
18. KEC2007
19. uscmhicks
20. Deckard
21. robbiethepainter
22. skooternb
23. darkchylde80
24. Snake Eater
25. edonian
26. Jack Torrance
27. seewhatyouthink

Smile/Smirk:

1. axecutioner18
2. Monger
3. joebizz34
4. UltraMarknus
5. Hydeous
6. TheMadButcher
7. MarfMaster
8. Darth Magnus
9. menoseloso
10. turbo VS. ozone
11. hotslayer73
12. kingellesar
13. T.bowen
14. jimmie_dimmick
15. Levit05
16. woodrob

Last edited:

I absolutely agree with you on a Lot of points Mike... Im sorry if I come across as downplaying other expressions. Dont think Ive swayed anyone here to vote for smirk. They have all done it in their own accord. The only thing Ive been stressing on is to avoid a sculpt with a neutral expression, which has been done to death for Bale and have been perfected after many tries by two of the best in the business.

I have no issues with any sculpts, anything works for me as long as it doesnt go into a comparison territory with Adam/Ko Jun.
As for that me telling Denny to take his pick, I stated Id give both to Denny to make the final decision because think about it the votes are pretty close, and honestly last time too it wasnt actually a tie (smirk was ahead by one or two) but I downplayed that because for me 1 or 2 votes arent decisive for a decision like this. As 2 extra are not really majority IMO
End of the day it comes to Denny and the sculptors decision when he sees the numbers and decides whats best.

A scowl wont be a deal breaker for me... anything Bateman and Ill gobble it up. Im just gonna give Denny the facts of the vote... no matter what the result. Plus I dont have to give him the results... he can see it here himself.

My main choice for smirk is not because I want to display him with the CD (Im not sure if the CD will be made). Its because American psycho to me is a humorous comedy film. And that Bateman smirk hides so much of his crazy persona that I think its another essential emotion for him. He is angry inside all the time/maybe discontent. But the smirk is his mask... as for display... smirk works for a lot more scenes than CD... the smirk Im mentioning is actually from the phone call to Dorsia infront of Jean... not the CD one...

Last edited:

amen to this, Mike. things in this poll have definitely taken a strange turn.
i would grab more than the two hs if they offered it, but I'm on the verge of tears by the time we get to Espace since i'm almost positive we wont have a decent table.
but we do, and relief washes over me in an awesome wave.

Talk about flip floping Ankit :lol First this is a vote as per Denny and now your gonna suggest that the sculptor takes her pick? Why don't we stick to the original plan and stay with the vote so this way we all suggest something instead of you suggesting something.

I'd like everyone to stick to their own opinion on their vote. I'm not trying to sway anyone. But since Axe keeps selling the smirk and downplaying the cold stare or scowl for various (IMO weightless) reasons, I'd like to point out a few things myself.

I know a lot of people want to see this change but there's a very good reason why the big boys on the block like HT & EB (and bascally everyone else who produces figures & sculpts) go with more neutral expressions for a main sculpt. Because it's the best overall representation of the character with the most versatility without being too scene specific.

That's why you get a laughing Joker sculpt as the 5th official offering and not the first, and definitely not the 1st and only.

Adding the scowl is technically getting away from something too neutral and is in itself an expression. One that is iconic and fitting for the character.

I'm a hardcore fan just like you Axe and many others here. I love the CD bit just as much as the next guy. And I know that you're dying to set him up with the CD so that's why you want the smile. But that smile only works for that one pose and is extremely scene specific, almost frame specific :lol There's no way that that works with a knife, axe, nailgun, walkman, breifcase or basicaly anything else you may want to do. If we're already getting one sculpt with very limited versatility, why add a second one?

I'd buy 4 sculpts for Bateman if Iminime offered them. I'd be all over the smile if it was V3 or V4. But if I have to pick one static representation of this guy, I'm going with the most overall iconic and versaitile. Extreme expressions work well for the Pee Wee's and Mr. Bean's of the world as V1s. Not really for guys like this.

Again just stating my own personal reasoning since Axe states his. I encourage everyone to vote with their own in mind :)

Just to inform you voting will end in another 4 hours maybe as itll already be Monday in this side of the world... the numbers will be final after that...

Agreed. I'm eating up almost anything Bateman of course pending on the final product. I just think it's best to ride the vote out and refrain from advising Denny untill it's done. You came out and said it was a vote as the thread title clearly states. Let's ride it out and let all those who haven't chimed in yet catch up.

I still don't see the smile mixing with anything but the CD and I suppose the cell phone but I'm pretty sure we're not getting the phone and I'm not sure how many people would choose to pose him like that over the other options. But that's just my personal take on it.

I'm probably gonna use one of my VIP heads and request a screaming sculpt without blood so I can justify it as being the expression as he raises the axe right before he wacks Paul.

American Psycho is a comedic piece, yes. but the Bateman character is not really funny because because he laughs and smiles and makes jokes. it is a dark comedic satire, a statement on a gilded community at the start of an era.
watching the movie, if you were to mark down which look is on his face the most, or even how he is most described, i don't think smirking would come out #1.
also the whole thing with kojun/adam, i dont know that that's really relevant. i personally dont think anyone has absolutely nailed Bale in any character, though i do really like both their sculpts. but moreover, i dont think youre being fair to iminime and what they've been doing recently by assuming they shouldnt even attempt anything which might be compared. the last bunch of releases i've seen from Denny's team look outstanding. and i have no reason to believe they wont get even better with each new figure.
and Bateman would never be mistaken for Bale, if only because he has a slightly better haircut.
but you are entitled to you opinion, and i can respect it. bateman love is a positive in my book.

I absolutely agree with you on a Lot of points Mike... Im sorry if I come across as downplaying other expressions. Dont think Ive swayed anyone here to vote for smirk. They have all done it in their own accord.

I have no issues with any sculpts, anything works for me as long as it doesnt go into a comparison territory with Adam/Ko Jun.
As for that me telling Denny to take his pick, I stated Id give both to Denny to make the final decision because think about it the votes are pretty close, and honestly last time too it wasnt actually a tie (smirk was ahead by one or two) but I downplayed that because for me 1 or 2 votes arent decisive for a decision like this. As 2 extra are not really majority IMO
End of the day it comes to Denny and the sculptors decision when he sees the numbers and decides whats best.

A scowl wont be a deal breaker for me... anything Bateman and Ill gobble it up. Im just gonna give Denny the facts of the vote... no matter what the result. Plus I dont have to give him the results... he can see it here himself.

My main choice for smirk is not because I want to display him with the CD (Im not sure if the CD will be made). Its because American psycho to me is a humorous comedy film. And that Bateman smirk hides so much of his crazy persona that I think its another essential emotion for him. He is angry inside all the time/maybe discontent. But the smirk is his mask... as for display... smirk works for a lot more scenes than CD... the smirk Im mentioning is actually from the phone call to Dorsia infront of Jean... not the CD one...

Just to inform you voting will end in another 4 hours maybe as itll already be Monday in this side of the world... the numbers will be final after that...

EDIT: Dude WTF are you talking about. The weekend is always slow around here. I'm sure a lot of people didn't even see this yet. And you said that we had all next week, please don't make me dig up the post. And who are you to say what's final and what's not?!?!?! This isn't the first time that you're hearing this Axe: YOU DO NOT WORK FOR IMINIME. SLOW DOWN BRO.

amen to this, Mike. things in this poll have definitely taken a strange turn.
i would grab more than the two hs if they offered it, but I'm on the verge of tears by the time we get to Espace since i'm almost positive we wont have a decent table.
but we do, and relief washes over me in an awesome wave.

I'm almost on the verge of tears that we may not get a decent sculpt :lol

Agreed. I'm eating up almost anything Bateman of course pending on the final product. I just think it's best to ride the vote out and refrain from advising Denny untill it's done. You came out and said it was a vote as the thread title clearly states. Let's ride it out and let all those who haven't chimed in yet catch up.

I still don't see the smile mixing with anything but the CD and I suppose the cell phone but I'm pretty sure we're not getting the phone and I'm not sure how many people would choose to pose him like that over the other options. But that's just my personal take on it.

I'm probably gonna use one of my VIP heads and request a screaming sculpt without blood so I can justify it as being the expression as he raises the axe right before he wacks Paul.
Im not advising Denny anything until a vote is over. I just stated that if this one too ends up being as close as the last vote, Ill throw both of them and tell Denny to make the final choice. I really hoped there would be a more clear majority than the close finish we are still having.
But Ill be honest and say Im glad we are getting a little more expression than the simple cold stare...

Ill be requesting for 2 screaming sculpts too and with both to be without blood so that I can paint the blood myself accurate to the source picture. I wasnt really happy with their sweat application on the Ra's bonus head... as in the sweat effect itself was great was great but sweat distribution wasnt IMO

Last edited:

EDIT: Dude WTF are you talking about. The weekend is always slow around here. I'm sure a lot of people didn't even see this yet. And you said that we had all next week, please don't make me dig up the post. And who are you to say what's final and what's not?!?!?! This isn't the first time that you're hearing this Axe: YOU DO NOT WORK FOR IMINIME. SLOW DOWN BRO.

I'm almost on the verge of tears that we may not get a decent sculpt :lol
Hey, I said it cause itll be Monday for us... I promised Denny Ill have his votes by next week last Wednesday or Thursday (cant remember). Next week means Monday which is tommorow (3/4 hours from now). I did say whole week... but did I say full next week? (not sure I remember... but If I did, then so be it... Ill have to tell Denny to wait another week)

and I said final NOT in an authoritative manner, I said that because if Denny comes in the morning as he usually does and I place the numbers to him and he sees and makes a decision, a vote after that will be useless...

Please dont read into it so much!!
C'mon I find that a little rude yes...

Last edited:

Guys lets be adults no point in arguing over a toy that hasn't been made yet... we will get what we get if people don't like they wont buy .

No argument, just miscommunication... between two people who are extremely pumped and psyched up for this... :lol

No argument, just miscommunication... between two people who are extremely pumped and psyched up for this... :lol

i see where PopCultKid is coming from seems like your i dunno trying to convince people for the smirk just let people decide no harm in it .

If you don't get a smirk just commission one to be done .

i see where PopCultKid is coming from seems like your i dunno trying to convince people for the smirk just let people decide no harm in it .

This hasnt got to do with the sculpt, its about the time frame of the voting... I can live with scowl no problem :)

well technically if the voting ends now then it is cold gaze which wins, right? as that was truthfully the clear majority until a group of us started leaning towards the slight scowling and others opting for the smirk.

Im not advising Denny anything until a vote is over. I just stated that if this one too ends up being as close as the last vote, Ill throw both of them and tell Denny to make the final choice. I really hoped there would be a more clear majority than the close finish we are still having.
But Ill be honest and say Im glad we are getting a little more expression than the simple cold stare...

Ill be requesting for 2 screaming sculpts too and with both to be without blood so that I can paint the blood myself accurate to the source picture. I wasnt really happy with their sweat application on the Ra's bonus head... as in the sweat effect itself was great was great but sweat distribution wasnt IMO

good point

well technically if the voting ends now then it is cold gaze which wins, right? as that was truthfully the clear majority until a group of us started leaning towards the slight scowling and others opting for the smirk.

:exactly::panic::panic::panic:

Back