Reacher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Physically the actor is closer to the authors description, promising.

Anyone is better than Tom Cruise as Reacher, as a fan of the books, I could never consider Cruise to be Reacher and instead I just considered him to be Jack with an unknown last name.

This guy sucked in Titans and looks to suck in this one too. He is from the same acting class as Bautista and Momoa.

He looks like the perfect Aquaman.
Lol he was Aquaman in Smallville

smallvilleaquamancanaryarrow.jpg

Watched the first two episodes, and it's not bad.

A bit cliched, like Sherlock Holmes crossed with an '80s muscle bound hero who has the obligatory confrontation as soon as he gets into town.

It's a little off-putting how they fake his height. He says in the first episode that he's 6' 5" (like the original character), yet Alan Ritchson is 6' 2".

So they make him look 6' 5" by putting him with shorter actors, or having the other actors stand further into the background in long shots.

Watched the first two episodes, and it's not bad.

A bit cliched, like Sherlock Holmes crossed with an '80s muscle bound hero who has the obligatory confrontation as soon as he gets into town.

It's a little off-putting how they fake his height. He says in the first episode that he's 6' 5" (like the original character), yet Alan Ritchson is 6' 2".

So they make him look 6' 5" by putting him with shorter actors, or having the other actors stand further into the background in long shots.
If you find this guy’s size off-putting You must have LOVED 5’ 7” Tom Cruise in the role. :lol

If you find this guy’s size off-putting You must have LOVED 5’ 7” Tom Cruise in the role. :lol

I don't really remember that film, but there are lines in this series they could never have used with Tom Cruise.

They make a big deal about Reacher being a giant, even a monster. In one scene everyone in the street is staring at him, and a mother even pulls her child out his way. :lol

Then you see him against doorways or cars and illusion of being "Frankenstein's monster" fades away.

I'm on the fourth episode now and it's pretty good. Ritchson plays the character well. He's kind of a reserved, considerate gentleman... until he doesn't have to be!

I don't really remember that film, but there are lines in this series they could never have used with Tom Cruise.

They make a big deal about Reacher being a giant, even a monster. In one scene everyone in the street is staring at him, and a mother even pulls her child out his way. :lol

Then you see him against doorways or cars and illusion of being "Frankenstein's monster" fades away.

I'm on the fourth episode now and it's pretty good. Ritchson plays the character well. He's kind of a reserved, considerate gentleman... until he doesn't have to be!
Yeah, I'm 4 episodes in as well. I'm enjoying it so far. IMO Ritchson could be a bit more expressive at times but cold/detached/analytical is the character (when he's not resorting to violence lol) so I can't really fault him too much. Then again, for all I know it could be the character's traits perfectly match his range as an actor. :lol

I watched two episodes last night, and I'm enjoying it so far. Much more accurate to the books than the movies.
I do like how they started with the first book.

I watched two episodes last night, and I'm enjoying it so far. Much more accurate to the books than the movies.
I do like how they started with the first book.

I liked that too. I haven't read the books, but it's good to start at the beginning. The ratings so far suggest they may just keep on going, book by book.

Finished it and liked it.

Reacher was played as a decent guy: cerebral, calm and caring, yet capable of lethal brutality when necessary.

Was a fairly old school story, and felt very much a product of the '80s even though the books aren't that old. The finale in the factory even had a Terminator kill, which was a lot more gory for a human than a robot! A good balance of humour and violence, and enough of the latter to make the story mean something and the threat real.

If the series follows the books Roscoe won't be showing up again, which is a shame as I liked the actress and character, but they did leave the door ajar.

Reacher was played as a decent guy: cerebral, calm and caring, yet capable of lethal brutality when necessary.

Was a fairly old school story, and felt very much a product of the '80s even though the books aren't that old. The finale in the factory even had a Terminator kill, which was a lot more gory for a human than a robot! A good balance of humour and violence, and enough of the latter to make the story mean something and the threat real.

If the series follows the books Roscoe won't be showing up again, which is a shame as I liked the actress and character, but they did leave the door ajar.
I'm 5/8 episodes in. We'll get more Neagley I'm guessing, as she isn't meant to appear until book six, but they are probably trying to have at least one other reoccurring character in the show.

Sounds like the Arnie effect. As a child I was fully taken in by it. But later you realize he's really not that tall and was probably shorter than many of the clubbers he walked past in Tech Noir.

Sounds like the Arnie effect. As a child I was fully taken in by it. But later you realize he's really not that tall and was probably shorter than many of the clubbers he walked past in Tech Noir.

I used to think Arnie was a giant too!

There's lots of references throughout the series to Reacher being freakishly big, so they're using the other characters to try and make you disbelieve your eyes.

I used to think Arnie was a giant too!

There's lots of references throughout the series to Reacher being freakishly big, so they're using the other characters to try and make you disbelieve your eyes.
Arnie had the face going for him along with the muscle though - distinctive jaw structure, powerful looking chin, the stern brow and Eastwood squint.

Yeah, I finished it & enjoyed it as well. I thought his final kill of the "big bad" could have been done better (it seemed oddly unsatisfying & somewhat anti-climactic after his earlier reveal), but otherwise an enjoyable diversion. I liked both Roscoe and Finlay, as they weren't the typical one-dimensional supporting characters that are often found in this genre. As JMT1979 mentioned, it looks like Neagley will be the other recurring character if Amazon makes more seasons. Hopefully they do. I suppose Finlay could also pop up again briefly if Reacher's travels take him to Boston/New England.

Back