Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Return to Arkham - Arkham City - 7/10

I was surprised with the quality of the remaster, and even went "wow" at a few points, but then there's stuff like the redone Joker model or atmosphere being ruined by redone lighting that makes you miss the original. I felt like a few of the cutscenes felt less "cinematic" too.

Overall it was an OK remaster. Disappointed with a lot of it, but the places where they got things right are really good. I like the updated textures on the city a lot.

The original is 9/10 for me.

Return to Arkham - Arkham City - 7/10

I was surprised with the quality of the remaster, and even went "wow" at a few points, but then there's stuff like the redone Joker model or atmosphere being ruined by redone lighting that makes you miss the original. I felt like a few of the cutscenes felt less "cinematic" too.

Overall it was an OK remaster. Disappointed with a lot of it, but the places where they got things right are really good. I like the updated textures on the city a lot.

The original is 9/10 for me.

I can't wait for my copy to arrive, I keep hearing it's amazing yet disappointing at the same time. :lol

That's what i've been hearing about remasters lately. Everything is being brightnened and i think that's because they want to sell these remasters by giving the brightness a boost to notice a difference so people are being led to believe they look that much better. The graphics are better, but just unecessary to brighten them that much, it kinda takes away the dark tone in the games. They did the same with Bioshock which is why im gonna wait for a sale.
With Uncharted it's forgiving since the games are bright and beautiful to begin with.

If it goes dirt cheap I'll get it for the Asylum DLC alone but otherwise not too interested. A lot of potential was there, not sure why they messed up the character models.

I don't know if I can even say I "finished" it, as there are still a **** ton of challenge maps I still need to get 3 stars on, but I can't believe I managed to get 100% of the trophies for Arkham Knight:

1176E61B-7885-42DD-844A-84B9574BB836.jpg

So, I guess, 9/10...:lol

Last edited:
I don't know if I can even say I "finished" it, as there are still a **** ton of challenge maps I still need to get 3 stars on, but I can't believe I managed to get 100% of the trophies for Arkham Knight:

1176E61B-7885-42DD-844A-84B9574BB836.jpg

So, I guess, 9/10...:lol

Congrats! I only got the Platinum, I don't know if I'll ever do the rest. :lol

Speaking of Batman..

Batman: Return to Arkham: Arkham Asylum.

More controversial than it actually is, a fine thoughtful remaster that almost, almost got it perfect. A few odd changes here and there and some hair-tearing framerate issues aside, this this every bit as exciting as the 2009 release, only prettier. And uglier. And prettier again.

9/10.

Congrats! I only got the Platinum, I don't know if I'll ever do the rest. :lol

It was a pain in the ass in some areas. I thought I'd find the Batmobile trophies to be the most agonizing, but, once you start getting into it, they were actually a lot of fun. The biggest pains were probably the Community Challenge Trophies. Getting over 1,000,000 and beating Croc was hard enough, but getting the perfect Freeflow with 4 characters in the Monarch theater and taking no damage in Crime Alley with 3 were an exercise in patience, to say the least.:lol

Speaking of Batman..

Batman: Return to Arkham: Arkham Asylum.

More controversial than it actually is, a fine thoughtful remaster that almost, almost got it perfect. A few odd changes here and there and some hair-tearing framerate issues aside, this this every bit as exciting as the 2009 release, only prettier. And uglier. And prettier again.

9/10.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it. Gives me a reason to replay AA, plus? More trophies! I played a bit at my buddy's house and it is beautiful. It's going to make having an incomplete list for Origins even more annoying if I have AA and AC up there not once, but twice, with AK.:lol

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it. Gives me a reason to replay AA, plus? More trophies! I played a bit at my buddy's house and it is beautiful. It's going to make having an incomplete list for Origins even more annoying if I have AA and AC up there not once, but twice, with AK.:lol

Yeah, if you take away some of the odd graphical changes, it's spectacular. You won't notice anything amiss unless you compare it side-by-side but even then, the game is really pretty. Batman's suit has that Arkham Knight level of detail not present in the original and the cape looks leathery. The entire game feels more tactile than the original.

My main issue with the remaster is the framerate, which stutters all too often but it seems like they're working on a patch.

Frame rate issues aren't acceptable in remasters imo, but I'm more interested now Ryan. Also the game is already getting a cut this Black Friday, and I cannot resist :lol got most of the games besides Knight around Black Friday anyway! It's so fitting.

Frame rate issues aren't acceptable in remasters imo, but I'm more interested now Ryan. Also the game is already getting a cut this Black Friday, and I cannot resist :lol got most of the games besides Knight around Black Friday anyway! It's so fitting.

Honestly, it's not. The game has no issues running at 30fps but the framerate tends to fluctuate between 30 to mid 30's which causes the stutter. It's not so bad in AC but in AA it's quite noticeable, which is a shame since both games are really pretty.

Sure, the stuttering doesn't interrupt the gameplay at all but it's annoying as hell. If they ever patch this, it would easily be a glowing recommendation, even better than the RE remasters and up par with the Uncharted Collection.

Just completed battlefield hardline single player campaign on the PS4.

Full of game breaking bugs e.g. Stuck on load screen / hint screen without the press X to continue prompt come up... my character randomly pops out of sneak mode when I'm sneaking up on an enemy...extremely irritating as it is quite frequent.

Just disgusted how badly supported this game is in terms of ironing out bugs...game has been out for almost two years.

Absolutely unacceptable, I won't buy games brand new from this publisher EVER ..thank goodness I bought second for really cheap. Guess we are all a bit spoilt by CD Projekt Red. Now that is a good company.

Story is pretty nice and the first half was pretty enjoyable ...overall 6/10.

Now waiting for shadow or mordor, arkha, city and arkham knight... gonna try to blast through those quickly.

Titanfall 2
Probably one of the best fps campaigns I've played all year. Level design was great and really emphasized the mobility of being a pilot. Some cool late game twists to the gameplay and an AI companion that I really grew to care about made this one a really great play through. Worth the pick up for the campaign, but the multiplayer is really fun as well. 9/10

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
I think everyone knows this franchise may be on its last legs. Somewhat of a pity as this year's outing was probably one of the more solid, varied, and well designed "future war" type games the call of duty series has put out. Much better than black ops 3 or advanced warfare.

Some really cool concepts like fighting in space suits(was totally thinking about moonraker the entire time), space fighter dog fights and raids on capital ships made this an actually enjoyable campaign. Unfortunately, all of it is hidden within an extremely bland narrative (ripped poorly from sci-fi's excellent show "The Expanse") and some cod standard 'fighting in the streets while things explode around you' gameplay. 7.5/10

I just finished Return to Arkham: Arkham Asylum's story. Now to work on the challenge mode trophies. :monkey2

Back