Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Devil May Cry (2001)

Despite being my very first PS2 game back in 2001, I never really had much love for the series, although now I could appreciate the game much more thanks to the overly campy story, ridiculous acting and solid gameplay. Now onto the dreaded DMC2..

7/10.

Skip DMC 2. Nothing happens, nothing is ever mentioned again, and nothing good comes of it. DmC bizarrely takes cues from it, though DmC was actually good.

But you know Ryan, we really need to fix you and playing games that are actually remotely challenging! You always seem to shy away and feign 'no interest' :lol unless you feel like you can get away with cheating like an insubordinate filthy little monkey. Or hell, the problem is really just you not playing games that are superb and classics. All that time you spent on strangeness like MGS V....

Skip DMC2. It plays well, more loosely than DMC1, but the "plot" is terrible.

And of course, DMC3 is the best of the series, and genre.

And the level design is barren, confusing and not at all good. OST is ok in like two spots. Also Dante is not even Dante, he has a Two-Face trick of using a coin to answer all his problems :cuckoo:

DMC 3 is the best of the series, perhaps the genre, and one of the best games in the last 10 years. DMC 3 needs a remaster/remake in DMC 4's engine :lecture

Skip DMC 2. Nothing happens, nothing is ever mentioned again, and nothing good comes of it. DmC bizarrely takes cues from it, though DmC was actually good.

Skip DMC2. It plays well, more loosely than DMC1, but the "plot" is terrible.

And of course, DMC3 is the best of the series, and genre.

Well, I only beaten DMC2 once in 2003 and I remember aside from being boring, there were a few cool music tracks in there. Since I just beaten DMC, might as well get 2 over with since it's part of the HD collection before I move on to 3. I can say though, it's really, really boooooorrrinnng.

But you know Ryan, we really need to fix you and playing games that are actually remotely challenging! You always seem to shy away and feign 'no interest' :lol unless you feel like you can get away with cheating like an insubordinate filthy little monkey. Or hell, the problem is really just you not playing games that are superb and classics. All that time you spent on strangeness like MGS V....

You're making me blush.

Well, I only beaten DMC2 once in 2003 and I remember aside from being boring, there were a few cool music tracks in there. Since I just beaten DMC, might as well get 2 over with since it's part of the HD collection before I move on to 3. I can say though, it's really, really boooooorrrinnng.

You're making me blush.

Did you ever play DMC3 ever?

:lol

Yeah, originals are entertaining and simple, that's why we love them.
Anyway, here's the perfect review:
(I've played through it once and I 100% agree with it)

For sure. :lol
Still, DmC is a pos.
to be fair everything without a good story is a POS to you. which is I why question you on MGS :lol
Yes, when the game launched, and I almost beat it too but my memory card got corrupted so I never beat it. I remember loving it a lot. How does DMC4 ranks up in the series?
DMC 4 is surprisingly random in peoples' ranks since I think DmC broke the fanbase in stupid ways. Some people looked way too much into Dante's jokes and said he was immature, and couldn't stand the backtracking (it's awful though) so they actually lowered it beneath DMC 2 :cuckoo: I don't get it. Some people love DMC 2 above all the others because it's difficulty is a ****ing joke and had no complexity to its combat, basically showing they don't understand this franchise. Relatively speaking, the rating is DMC 3 > DMC 1 > DMC 4 (though sometimes people swap both, I do on occasion) > DMC 2. People don't put DmC cause they're ******** for stupid reasons. I know a girl who solely hates it because Dante isn't sexy anymore, and she has literal husbando fantasies of Dante :lol Solidus knows about her!
Yep.
The plot and dialogs make no sense, even the first DMC is waaay more coherent.
Gameplay's crap too.
Ignore the negative nancy who is...well too negative for his own good, gameplay is ok! in the remaster anyway since they fixed some issues like keys, added lock-on, some cool features like improved difficulty and other such things plus some neat sequences I guess.
Wow that's saying a lot since the dialog in the original DMC was campy as hell, I couldn't stop laughing. :rotfl
Yeah that's the one thing I don't get, why this game was so serious :cuckoo: DMC 3 actually became serious toward the end and it really worked, yet it was still hilarious.
:lol

Yeah, originals are entertaining and simple, that's why we love them.
Anyway, here's the perfect review:
(I've played through it once and I 100% agree with it)

This isn't a review, it's just a **** parody of ScreenJunkies that would work if it wasn't biased :lol because it DOES bring up good points but the fanboyism is so dumb.

don't get me wrong DmC honestly shouldn't exist because I don't get why they rebooted it four games in. I just enjoyed it modestly and find the hate so dumb and misguided, like the love and adoration MGS V gets :lol

This isn't a review, it's just a **** parody of ScreenJunkies that would work if it wasn't biased :lol because it DOES bring up good points but the fanboyism is so dumb.

don't get me wrong DmC honestly shouldn't exist because I don't get why they rebooted it four games in. I just enjoyed it modestly and find the hate so dumb and misguided, like the love and adoration MGS V gets :lol

You mean a parody of CinemaSins. You are now in contempt of court and shall thus receive 100 lashes for displaying such foolishness. :lecture

I think many fans in general feel that DMC3 is the very best in the series. I bought the Kotobukiya Dante statue and the original soundtrack way back. But I could never quite master the game's skill ceiling which is one of the highest I've seen in a game. Style wise I preferred trickster due to the quick movements and occasionally swordmaster, never touched gunslinger and royal guard was a ***** to master. Not a single 'S' rank obtained in that game. :lol

DMC4 was pretty good, just not on the level of DMC3. It was much easier to master and while not as deep combo system as 3, being able to switch between styles on the go as Dante was sweet, and Nero was fun to play. I actually got all the achievements for it back in 2008 after a big grind. That Blitz though... **** that cheap OP mother****er. :nono

I played a demo of the reboot years back and didn't think it was that bad tbh. But I recall there was massive amounts of hate on Dante's 'hipster' look. I wasn't around here back then but I can only imagine how heated discussions were considering anyone who so much as praised the game got the mob lynch after them.

People got really offended over that "not in a million years" wig joke. I think there were death threats. :lol

You never used the other styles or gained S ranks? YOU deserve the lashes. begone peasant.

DMC 3 is widely regarded as the best, DMC 4 had the chance to reach it. But it has a really unfinished feel to it with a lot of re-use, mainly in Dante going literally backwards and some bad choices like that dice game. Also yeah **** the Blitzes.

The reboot demo was ok, the remaster reboot (this shouldn't be a thing :lol ) is good too. Some of the things in the game I really do disagree with, but I've seen so many more reboots that didn't really understand the gameplay at all. Some of the responses I saw were bad though, like people wanting RE6 to fail solely to prevent DmC from being bad. Quite an oxymoron I think.

Finished Dishonored 2 yesterday.

With the latest patches on PC, it looks and plays amazing.

Gameplay is where the game shines, all the options on how to get to & finish missions are great.

The characters & story in this game weren't as good as the 1st imo. The story falls apart towards the very end and they cram in the story epilogue in like 20 seconds.

Overall I enjoyed the 1st Dishonored more in terms of story & setting. But the gameplay and actual level design are hands down better in Dishonored 2.

I played them back to back, so I was shocked at how shoddy the PC port for 2 was upon release. I waited for patches to release before playing it.

I also play the game all stealth. There's not enough good stealth games these days, but the Dishonored games are some of the best modern stealth games (if you choose to play that way) out these days.

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl - 10/10

This is the 3rd time I beat it and it's the first time I get the real ending, I can't believe I got 2 fake endings the last 2 times :lol

Holy crap the 2 real endings really push this game to a 10/10 for me, I always liked the franchise but I had no ****ing idea the story was this ****ing good because I only got fake endings :slap , this is up there with Half-life as far as the Sci-Fi scope they tackle. Now I need to play CoP to see how many endings that one's got :lol

Cheeki Breeki

Last edited:
Back