RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Gangs of New York 10/10

If any performance can match that of Ledger's The Joker then it is Day Lewis as The Butcher

The film is sublime in every sense

Thats generous.

Jason GTH 0.1/10

I am too generous :(

Gangs of New York 10/10

If any performance can match that of Ledger's The Joker then it is Day Lewis as The Butcher

The film is sublime in every sense

He was best in "There Will Be Blood" imo. He WAS crazy in real life while shooting that film, its the only way his performance makes sense.

I am too generous :(

He was best in "There Will Be Blood" imo. He WAS crazy in real life while shooting that film, its the only way his performance makes sense.

Personally I prefer his performance as Bill maybe because I enjoy the film more, I like There Will Be Blood don't get me wrong and he was again flawless in it but I prefer GONY and his performance in that :)

Personally I prefer his performance as Bill maybe because I enjoy the film more, I like There Will Be Blood don't get me wrong and he was again flawless in it but I prefer GONY and his performance in that :)

2q1gjmb.jpg

Walking Dead episode 1 10/10

OH MY GOD. Just watched it last night with my 2 Walking Dead buddies. It's all that you would expect from Frank Darabont adapting the Walking Dead. It has moments of sheer tension, heart, and GREAT ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!! He really fleshed out how hard it would be for a normal person coming to grips with actually having to shoot someone who you once knew was a person. Or someone you loved, this is what I was expecting from someone as talented as Darabont doing a zombie story. It's amazing and now I cant wait to see the higher quality version of it.

This is going to be IMO the best zombie story ever told in live action. Thank you Frank Darabont for putting so much effort forth in adapting this great take on the zombie apocolypse. If this show isn't a hit, I will have lost all hope in humanity

Yikes, those are some very generous scores. I'm a HUGE Friday fan and i'd rate them as follows:

Jason VII 6/10
Jason VIII 4/10
Jason GTH 1.5/10

Yeah, those 3 are a dear part of my childhood. I love the last 20-30 mins of VII and VIII especially. GTH was differ, but the opening was awesome imo. My favorite though is probably VII, tbh. Weird I know.

I'm hesitant to see the new Nightmare on Elm Street, since the original is an 10/10 from me.

....and to keep things on topic,
Sleepwalkers - 6/10

Well, you totally missed the whole point. But whatever. Making a character a piece of ____ doesnt make him edgy. That was the same thinking that the morons who made the new Nightmare flick used for Freddy....and that obviously worked so well...:lol

SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't seen PREDATORS!!!!

**sarcasm missed btw :lol**

And you missed the point where I said the "film", not the character :lecture. My point was the main star of the show, in 99% of the films I've seen, will do the expected and he did just that. He turned around and went back and I knew da** well when the ship blew he wasn't on it.

IMO, it would have made the film more edgy to have him take off in the ship, get blown up, and then have Isabelle finish the movie. I personally don't need a bunch of character development in this type of film for me to walk away and give it a high rating.

Great, inventive death scenes, something unexpected like the main actor ******'ing out and getting blown up, and more Pred screen time would have gone pretty far in my book to make this a better film.

Respect your opinion though Celtic...still :lol that I missed the sarcasm. That's what happens I guess when I can't sleep and post late at night.

Psst, Chigger:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, those 3 are a dear part of my childhood. I love the last 20-30 mins of VII and VIII especially. GTH was differ, but the opening was awesome imo. My favorite though is probably VII, tbh. Weird I know.

I'm hesitant to see the new Nightmare on Elm Street, since the original is an 10/10 from me.

....and to keep things on topic,
Sleepwalkers - 6/10

Well if its for nostalgic reasons then thats a complete different case imo. There are plenty of dumb movies I may rate higher because of childhood memories too. Still I try to look past that and give everything an honest rating.

Psst Mags....

Spoiler Spoiler:

:duff

Sorry dude, but that's not edgy any more. Everyone expects the unexpected. They tried that for a while. And it never goes well with the audience. Predators was a film for people to enjoy, and have fun. What fun is it when you turn your main character into a horrible horrible person? :eek:

Sorry dude, but that's not edgy any more. Everyone expects the unexpected. They tried that for a while. And it never goes well with the audience. Predators was a film for people to enjoy, and have fun. What fun is it when you turn your main character into a horrible horrible person? :eek:

Have to agree. Stories fit into certain patterns and have since people developed language. The unlikely hero on a journey to become a true hero is one of the oldest, and still one of the most satisfying to an audience.

You can go with "let's make the hero a complete loser and let everyone down" or "the heck with it, let's just let the monsters slaughter everyone" in order to be "edgy", but in the end, you're going against the entire tradition of human myth doing that, and it's REALLY difficult to pull that off without the audience feeling disappointed and/or cheated.

I Want Someone To Eat Cheese With - 8/10

Not as good as Whatever Works but that was Woody Allen at the helm, still Jeff proved he can carry a movie just as well as Larry imo.

Have to agree. Stories fit into certain patterns and have since people developed language. The unlikely hero on a journey to become a true hero is one of the oldest, and still one of the most satisfying to an audience.

You can go with "let's make the hero a complete loser and let everyone down" or "the heck with it, let's just let the monsters slaughter everyone" in order to be "edgy", but in the end, you're going against the entire tradition of human myth doing that, and it's REALLY difficult to pull that off without the audience feeling disappointed and/or cheated.

Well I guess I'm on the other side of the fence and it would have been more satisfying for me to see it the other way. Obviously people like yourselves enjoyed it and that's great.

The only other thing I will say is Celtic is when you said "What fun is it when you turn your main character into a horrible horrible person?"...he was that character from the very beginning and stayed that way throughout the film. To see
Spoiler Spoiler:
in a ****** filled move to save his own a$$ would have been pretty fun to me :lol

Threw the spoiler cover in there so no one has any idea what happens to Royce if they haven't seen it....not that someone couldn't guess what he's going to do....:pfft: :lol

Back