RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Stealth: 7.5/10 Hadn't seen this movie in a couple of years. Pretty entertaining film and Jessica Biel is hot! :naughty :drool :lol

Parts from the trailer that were never in the film. Hate this growing trend. The trailer is for the film, therefore things in the trailer should be in the film!! TDK is a prime example of this crappy practice on the increase

Huh? This isnt a growing trend. This has been going on forever. Trailers are edited BEFORE the movie comes out. So there's no way in knowing weather or not the scene will work in the film. TDK didnt practice it. They cut very little out of the movie. The only thing you saw that was different was different takes. They felt take A was better then take B, that was in the trailer.

It's really not a big deal. Especially if you didnt like the pacing.

Inside Man & Mamma Mia

Inside Man (2006) - 9/10

The perfect bank-robbery movie! Awesome plot, very unpredictable! :) Another movie that I hated missing on the big screen.. Ugh!

_11553344862505.jpg

Mamma Mia! (2008) - 7/10

Watched this chick-flick with my fiance'.. Good for the gals! LOL!

mamma_mia.jpg

Yep, already plans announced with a supposed title of Kick Ass 2 - Balls to the Walls.

Im just hoping it gets made. I know they have plans but studios can decide to not do it based on final box office of the first. I also hope they start soon because Hit Girl needs to still be a little kid IMO to work the best.

That said I saw Kick-Ass a 2nd time last week and give it a 9.5 out of 10. Liked it even more the second time

They just announced the sequel this week, so I'd assume they know what the box office is for the first film. :D

It looks like they are trying to start asap - 2011 for a 2012 release -but she's at an age where every month makes a difference. She's already 13, but as long as they plan on putting a few years between the story timeline, they should be alright.

Die Hard 4 -- 9/10. Very enjoyable movie. To me, 2 is clearly the worst of the series ... and I'd say 4 fits in well with 1 and 3.SnakeDoc

I agree, something about 2 feels really out of place and done already. But 3 and 4, while not the greatest movies ever, do fit in well with one another and are decent entertainment.

I think 2 feels out of place as it is totally bases upon a novel and held to constraints of adhering to he plot line as well as converting McClane to the novel's character. It was just harder to make it happen.

DH 1 and 3 were also based on novels. Obviously 1 was a novel first. 3 in particular stuck pretty close to the book, according to the DVD commentary with the writer which I highly highly recommend, BTW. I think the reason 2 doesn't hold up as well is because of the twist. The first time you watch the movie, that twist really socks you one. But once you know, it's kinda meh.

I couldn't get into #4 though. It just felt like a generic action movie. The only part I really liked was the truck in the elevator shaft. Nice! #1 is still brilliant, but I personally like #3 best and find myself revisiting this one most because of the snappy dialogue and brisk pace. I think the action sequences are fantastic in it. Love it! And the original ending was indeed better. Check it out on the DVD. Well worth a look.

Where the Wild Things Are: 5/10
It was okay. I loved the look and tone of it. Beautiful. But I really couldn't sympathize with the little prick kid. Gawd he was annoying!

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Remake):

A fantastic revolution to a timeless series. Freddy is back but this time all innuendos are left behind and only the sick mind of the killer is brought to the table. With a all new cast the film feels fresh and up to date with other "Revamped" slashers, Friday the 13th and Halloween, with gripping gruesome CGI. The cast are believable and real enough to relate to. Not straying to far from the classics but not treading on dead ground.

10/10 Easy!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Caught Land of the Lost - 6.5/10

Not anywhere near as bad as I expected from reviews, not the best movie either, but it was kinda cool seeing an update on something from when I was a kid. Was a little more adult themed then I expected, not really well written, but decent enough time killer.

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Remake):

A fantastic revolution to a timeless series. Freddy is back but this time all innuendos are left behind and only the sick mind of the killer is brought to the table. With a all new cast the film feels fresh and up to date with other "Revamped" slashers, Friday the 13th and Halloween, with gripping gruesome CGI. The cast are believable and real enough to relate to. Not straying to far from the classics but not treading on dead ground.

10/10 Easy!

3_1.JPG

Nightmare on Elm Street : 6..or 7 /10

I enjoyed the movie but if I ever want to watch A Nightmare on Elm Street again it wont be this one. Jackie Earl Haley was great as Freddy imo though , wasn't his fault the movie failed on certain levels.
Terrible cgi !. Most of the actors bored me and I didn't really care about any of them , if I could put the remakes in order personally it would be like so..

TCM > FRIDAY THE 13TH > A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HALLOWEEN

:lol

Hot Tub Time Machine : 9/10

Awesome movie. Much much better than I thought it would be , Craig Robinson is fast becoming one of my favorite comedy actors. The whole cast was hilarious though. :rock

Jacobs Ladder : 8/10

I bought a horror from play.com called Dorothy on blu ray , the film came and everything correct and Dorothy was printed on the disc itself but when it came on the blu ray was Jacobs Ladder. :dunno
I watched it anyway and hadn't seen it for a long time , in fact I don't think I'd ever watched it completely anyway , brilliant film though. Strange but great.

Daybreakers, just as good as I remember it from the theaters. Nothing special, but an awesome Vampire movie to combat the Twilight crap.

8/10.

A Nightmare on Elm Street (remake) 8/10

I have to say i absolutly hated the remake, i just couldnt buy into it at all. The actors if they can be called that at all did a terrible job, i couldt care about any of them. I dont remember the characters name but the fellow who watched Chrissy die in her bed showed the same amount of emotion as someone would spilling coffee 'i didnt do it, frown repeat', to be fair if i watched my lady get pulverised around a room before practically exploding im pretty sure i'd have a brown stain and wail like a baby running for my life. And i know its a reboot and the characters new updating or reinvinting, but the thing i like about freddie over all other slasher killers was his charisma and he became the star of the franchise, with Jackie i just didnt feel he carried the role off with any lasting integrity that a franchise needs to get going. His moment to shine came far too late in the film, although i dont place the blame on Jackie as much as the writers. Of course these are just my opinions and im not trying to tear into a film just for the arguments sake as i have seen in other articles.
Nightmare on Elm st remake - 2/10

I have to say i absolutly hated the remake, i just couldnt buy into it at all. The actors if they can be called that at all did a terrible job, i couldt care about any of them. I dont remember the characters name but the fellow who watched Chrissy die in her bed showed the same amount of emotion as someone would spilling coffee 'i didnt do it, frown repeat', to be fair if i watched my lady get pulverised around a room before practically exploding im pretty sure i'd have a brown stain and wail like a baby running for my life. And i know its a reboot and the characters new updating or reinvinting, but the thing i like about freddie over all other slasher killers was his charisma and he became the star of the franchise, with Jackie i just didnt feel he carried the role off with any lasting integrity that a franchise needs to get going. His moment to shine came far too late in the film, although i dont place the blame on Jackie as much as the writers. Of course these are just my opinions and im not trying to tear into a film just for the arguments sake as i have seen in other articles.
Nightmare on Elm st remake - 2/10

Yeah but the acting on the original NOES sucked ass as well imho. Still a good film before any of the fanboys try jumping on me. :lol

Yeah but the acting on the original NOES sucked ass as well imho. Still a good film before any of the fanboys try jumping on me. :lol

It did but wasnt that the type for all slasher flicks of the era? i mean after 20 years if your going to reboot a franchise is it still acceptable to go with the horrible acting? i really dont agree with the money making greed that forces most remakes as i find most of them unnecessary, Star Trek was a great reboot in my eyes and prooved they can be a good idea with the right people backing them. But after so long i dont think a reboot should be as bad as the orginal, i think it should use the best of todays technologies and acting skill, there are many talented people in hollywood that are overlooked for generic teen's who can scream loud and read lines.

Lots of conflicting reports here on the ANOES remake. Not sure if I want to pay to see it in the big screen. Maybe just wait until it hits Netflix.

The original is only good if it's experienced fresh, without having experienced newer, better horror flicks. With some movies, time just isn't kind. It did have Johnny Depp though.

Anyway...

Edge of Darkness 7/10

Worth watching to witness Mel Gibson doing something that isn't offensive for once. He's good in this, especially when he's doing the angry, determined Mel performance that used to be so awesome. Ray Winstone is good too. The story is a bit piecemeal though, and had less action than the trailers implied.

Watched Daybreakers. Enjoyed this one. 6 out of 10. Definately worth a watch although I don't think I would buy it.

Back