RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished season 2 and first two episodes of season 3.

I have no idea why I waited so long.

I did watch season one way back when but didnt love it the first time.. Watching it again with my kids and I was having a blast.

Anyways

Season 1 - 8/10 overall
Season 2 - 8/10 overall

Glad your digging it. The 3rd season is good but the first two to me were better overall. Maybe because I knew it was the end coming I didn't want to see them stop with the show.

Glad your digging it. The 3rd season is good but the first two to me were better overall. Maybe because I knew it was the end coming I didn't want to see them stop with the show.

That was the worst feeling :(

Also,

I Now pronounce you Chuck & Larry
6.5/10 - Not Waterboy, Billy Madison, etc. tier but still Good movie lol

T2 Trainspotting - 9/10

I rented this one digitally and immediately ordered a physical copy upon finishing it. It's rare to watch a new movie these days and know with confidence that I'll want to revisit it several times more. This is something I did as a kid, but seldom now.

The only thing keeping me from giving it a 10 is the fact that so few people ever give movies perfect scores, but I really wouldn't change a thing about it. Easily makes the list of great film sequels and I actually found it to be a more enjoyable watch than the first. A beautiful fever dream.

Ash vs the Evil Dead Season 3 - 6 out of 10..

Damn it.. I am sure I would have rated it higher if the series ended.. I had no idea that they were going for another season and were cancelled. Grrrrrrrr.

JFK - 9/10

Such an amazing film and undertaking by Oliver Stone; very intricate and has several nuances to it.

Yeah I watched this again last week after not seeing it for a long time and yeah wow what a film, holds up incredibly well and seems just as relevant now.

9 or even 10/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambo: Last Blood - 5/10

This suffers from Alien: Resurrection syndrome in that the previous entry tied up the story so well that this one feels unnecessary, like a fun little appendix at best.

I was moderately entertained. Would've given it a 4 if the actors didn't do their damnedest to bring heart to an abysmal script...
Spoiler Spoiler:

When did a PTSD-ridden green beret become a Mortal Kombat character? The critics claim only previous fans of the franchise can enjoy this thing, but this is the furthest from Rambo that the franchise has ever gotten.

Lastly, almost every moment is flooded with music. It's been a pet peeve ever since a music teacher pointed out to me that many lousy movies rely on music for their emotional beats and aren't confident enough in their scripts to allow silent scenes. It also gives the movie a cheap TV feel. You don't need an orchestra to tell you human trafficking is scary. The set design, cinematography, writing, and performances should sell that long before the composer gets their hands on the project.

This suffers from Alien: Resurrection syndrome in that the previous entry tied up the story so well that this one feels unnecessary, like a fun little appendix at best.

I was moderately entertained. Would've given it a 4 if the actors didn't do their damnedest to bring heart to an abysmal script...
Spoiler Spoiler:

When did a PTSD-ridden green beret become a Mortal Kombat character? The critics claim only previous fans of the franchise can enjoy this thing, but this is the furthest from Rambo that the franchise has ever gotten.

Lastly, almost every moment is flooded with music. It's been a pet peeve ever since a music teacher pointed out to me that many lousy movies rely on music for their emotional beats and aren't confident enough in their scripts to allow silent scenes. It also gives the movie a cheap TV feel. You don't need an orchestra to tell you human trafficking is scary. The set design, cinematography, writing, and performances should sell that long before the composer gets their hands on the project.

I found enjoyment out of the film but have yet to revisit.

I really had an issue with them killing his niece. It was just too much IMO. I mean they still deserved his vengeance, you could have had the same film.. But does John Rambo have to have such a depressing last chapter to his story.. Its the main reason I have not watched it again.

I agree the last film was a fine ending with John Rambo having the promise of peace.

I still like Watching Sly kill people in brutal ways though :lol

I found enjoyment out of the film but have yet to revisit.

I really had an issue with them killing his niece. It was just too much IMO. I mean they still deserved his vengeance, you could have had the same film.. But does John Rambo have to have such a depressing last chapter to his story.. Its the main reason I have not watched it again.

I agree the last film was a fine ending with John Rambo having the promise of peace.

I still like Watching Sly kill people in brutal ways though :lol

The las Rambo film isnt as good as 4 but I still liked it. I agree that they really put Rambo through the wringer by taking out his neice. Sucks because its another anchor to keep him grounded that he loses. The traps were cool even if they all go by too fast but I like them since it goes back to First Blood with how smart he is against his enemies in his enviroment.

The critics claim only previous fans of the franchise can enjoy this thing, but this is the furthest from Rambo that the franchise has ever gotten.

Yeah that's something you often see in reviews of sequels - ''for fans only'' - ehhh, no. Fans will often actually be the least forgiving if it's a bad film.

Life - 5/10 - would've been more effective if the critter didn't look like a rubber bath mat. Or something.

City of Bones or whatever it was 3/10 - YA fan fic; but some cool sets/design

Equalizer 2 - 8 or 9 /10 - d*mn.:clap

Spoiler Spoiler:

While I'm not a fan of the film for all the reasons you mentioned, I don't think he was out of character aside from the way he looked.

The most brutal we've seen John up until this point is the throat-ripping and machete disemboweling in Rambo (2008). In the first three films, he uses guns and bows for long range kills and knives for close quarters.

In Last Blood, he pulls out and snaps a guy's rib, decapitates a dude and keeps his head just to toss it out on the highway, and finally rips the main villain's heart out to hold it in front of his face. It's hard to believe that a guy who took offense to being called "all kinds of vile crap" upon returning from Vietnam would be so theatrical with his kills forty years later. I mean I'm no military expert, but these techniques aren't exactly out of the manual, are they? We've known since '82 that the character has issues, but the character has some issues.

Back