RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Independence Day: Resurgence (2016) - 5/10

Is this the same movie I enjoyed in the theater? Watching it at home I found it completely unremarkable. I feel like I'm being generous in even giving it a 5. I must have really been dazzled by the IMAX 3D. :cuckoo:

Yeah it has no rewatch value, saw it on TV recently, I think I initially gave it a 4 or a 5, hasn't changed for me.

Is this the same movie I enjoyed in the theater? Watching it at home I found it completely unremarkable. I feel like I'm being generous in even giving it a 5. I must have really been dazzled by the IMAX 3D. :cuckoo:

I don't think I went that high :lol

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 5/10

Over-reliance on jokes (and repetitive, juvenile ones at that) and a cringy, lazy, unimaginative villain conflict that I swear I've seen done dozens of times.

Blatantly phoned-in sequel. I do give points for effort, but very little is made here.

I haven't seen it since the cinema. It'd be hilarious if I loved it on my second viewing. I doubt that'll happen though.

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

I consider the film series a guilty pleasure, they're by no means to be upheld by any standards of any kind. This supposedly final chapter however, borderlines on the worst that filmmaking has to offer. Nothing on screen could be comprehended as the camera wildly shifts into jump cuts every few seconds. Instead of establishing mood and atmosphere, the film is more concerned of portraying even the most basic of two way conversations into a psychedelic episode. This film- and everyone involved in it, should be condemned. With no redeeming qualities whatsoever, this is the cream of the crop of human and animal excrement, mutating into a city-stomping organism so vile that it should be wiped off the face of the earth. A top contender for the worst film I've ever seen.

0/5.

Last edited:
Willy Wonka was totally worth it..I went

Tickets for Willy Wonka were overpriced because it was part of an event thing. The theater I went to has cheaper tickets early in the morning (didn't apply to Wonka), so I saw Resurgence instead.

The only thing I remember about it is a kid calling Jeff Goldblum a "tall, lanky man" and Brent Spiner's ass.

I was able to see Willy Wonka a couple months later at another theater for $3.00 anyways. :monkey1

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

I consider the film series a guilty pleasure, they're by no means to be upheld by any standards of any kind. This supposedly final chapter however, borderlines on the worst that filmmaking has to offer. Nothing on screen could be comprehended as the camera wildly shifts into jump cuts every few seconds. Instead of establishing mood and atmosphere, the film is more concerned of portraying even the most basic of two way conversations into a psychedelic episode. This film- and everyone involved in it, should be condemned. With no redeeming qualities whatsoever, this is the cream of the crop of human and animal excrement, mutating into a city-stomping organism so vile that it should be wiped off the face of the earth. A top contender for the worst film I've ever seen.

0/5.

That's really no surprise. I can't believe how successful such an awful series like this has been. I guess it's due to the majority of viewers knowing nothing of the games. I think Apocalypse was the only one I could watch and somewhat enjoy since it's a parallel universe RE2-3. I hated that Jill cursed... and smokes?

That's really no surprise. I can't believe how successful such an awful series like this has been. I guess it's due to the majority of viewers knowing nothing of the games. I think Apocalypse was the only one I could watch and somewhat enjoy since it's a parallel universe RE2-3. I hated that Jill cursed... and smokes?

No, I don't think you get it. The previous films were crap, but at least they were watchable. This one almost made me quit halfway since it's so poorly edited, that even first graders with a camera and create better concise shots than this "film".

The film has so many jump cuts, where the camera changes literally every 2-3 seconds that you can't possibly fathom what the heck is happening, and this happens throughout the ENTIRE movie! Even when two characters are talking, the camera cut to another shot, and another, and another. I though people were exaggerating about the jump cuts, but they weren't kidding.

This is an actual clip from the movie, count how many times the camera changes. Now imagine that throughout the entire movie.

Last edited:
No, I don't think you get it. The previous films were crap, but at least they were watchable. This one almost made me quit halfway since it's so poorly edited, that even first graders with a camera and create better concise shots than this "film".

The film has so many jump cuts, where the camera changes literally every 2-3 seconds that you can't possibly fathom what the heck is happening, and this happens throughout the ENTIRE movie! Even when two characters are talking, the camera cut to another shot, and another, and another. I though people were exaggerating about the jump cuts, but they weren't kidding.

This is an actual clip from the movie, count how many times the camera changes. Now imagine that throughout the entire movie.

:lol I'll end up watching it at some point. The last one with the White House being attacked at the end... oof.

It's about an hour too long. Under utilized time with no substantial character development.

My Rogue One review in a nutshell :lol

R59TBgE.gif

Yeah, this one was just bad.
The writing was so poor that it brought out the bad acting from the cast.

Back