RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blood Father - 7/10 - Good predictable flick. Wasn't worth theater ticket prices though....
Arena - 5/10 - bad good..
America 3000 - 3/10 - Ugg just terrible all around. Though it does have men punching slavelord women in the stomach.
Hands of Steel - 6/10 - Robot Arm Wrastler....
The Barbarians - 6/10 - Musclebound cheese....
Night of the Demons 2 - 6/10 - Decent followup!

General consensus? I've read quite a few less than favourable posts here about the Leto Gang moofy.

I know that they're more personal scores than anything, but anyway. :lol

Just sayin that user reviews across the web are mostly positive.
Yeah, fair enough. :)

You should never trust 8s, 9s or 10s in here unless they come from me.

giphy.gif

I look forward to your next mini review. :lol

10 Cloverfield Lane: 7.75/10

Very solid little suspense movie. Couldn't have cost to much to make, but it was extremely effective, and efficient. Seems like half of the big blockbusters lack even rudimentary storytelling chops. Makes me want to force everyone involved watch movies like this one.
You couldn't see Frighteners but were allowed to see Escape from L.A.? Weird, because they were both rated R. I say stream Escape off Netflix and give it the 15 minute test. You'll see pretty clearly what you're in for and then can decide if you're having fun or if I'm just off my rocker again.
Huh. Seemed like it was PG13. I must have seen something else that day then, because I really wanted to see Frighteners and couldn't.

Just sayin that user reviews across the web are mostly positive.
The best overall audience rating metric I've run across is Cinemascore. They randomly survey moviegoers. And SS's score is a B+ there. Same as the Green Hornet. Slightly better than Catwoman, Elektra, Green Lantern, the Story Fantastic Four movies, and BvS, which all got B's. Almost all the Marvel Studios movies get A's.

So, my takeaway is that audiences are generally easy graders, but even there you have variation. And when they grade something below an A, tread carefully.

The widely reviled (here) Xmen Apocalypse even gets an A- there.

Hey Kara, that's the Cloverfield sequel, right? I didn't like the first one much.

Contact (1997) -- 7.9 / 10.

First viewing (I know..) - took me long enough, but it's a quality picture. Great performance by Jodie Foster, & Tom Skeritt made a great a** hole. James Woods is always good at that. LOVED John Hurt in this. McCornyHay was fine, but I'm not really a fan of his acting except for two movies; "A Time To Kill" & "Dazed & Confused". :lol

I didn't like how Jodie & he hooked up so soon, I found it annoying. I do also think that they could've explored some of the themes a little more in terms of Sagan's novel, but it's a two hour movie so.. the last third was interesting & left me wanting more I guess.

All in all, pretty good.

Last edited:
It's the same production company as Cloverfield, but I think the name was more for marketing than anything else. Not sure if they take place in the same "universe" or not. Totally different kind of movie, and this one was way better.

Back