RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Imitation Game - 9.5/10

Wow. Wow. Wooooowww.

Don't know about inaccuracies, as I'm sure there are some, but this film was incredible. Wow. Can't get over it. Recommended for sure. I love Cumberbatch's performance, but Redmayne killed it as Hawking IMO.

Monsters - 6.5/10

Not bad, recommended by a Freak, not a lot really happens in the movie for (what feels like) long stretches, but it was enjoyable and I will watch the sequel when it comes out.

6.5 for me is a good review ;)

Inherent Vice - 7/10 good, not award worthy.

Birdman's the best of 2014 for me. Boyhood was good but also really heavily relies on what I consider ultimately, a gimmick. Which is to say, cast different boys for the ages instead of just following the same kid and belt it out in a year, and it's not anywhere near as interesting a movie/story. Grand Budapest and Foxcatcher are also worth a mention so glad they're up. Still need to catch The Imitation Game. Selma and American Sniper have no business being in the running. They are there purely due to politics.

Inherent Vice - 7/10 good, not award worthy.

Birdman's the best of 2014 for me. Boyhood was good but also really heavily relies on what I consider ultimately, a gimmick. Which is to say, cast different boys for the ages instead of just following the same kid and belt it out in a year, and it's not anywhere near as interesting a movie/story. Grand Budapest and Foxcatcher are also worth a mention so glad they're up. Still need to catch The Imitation Game. Selma and American Sniper have no business being in the running. They are there purely due to politics.

Gave it the same score, didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did based on the reviews but while I was lost at times, the dialogue, acting, and jokes were all great. I think after a few more times of watching it I might raise my score.

Automata- Good start. Kind of falters at the end. 5/10

Atticus Institute- Great premise. However I think if they went with a straight narrative instead trying to make it look like a documentary it wouldn't have been so dull. 3/10

Back